PDA

View Full Version : You can eat one thing from each deluxe and mod

Mendelson
03-26-2013, 09:02 AM
We're dropping five WDW nights onto a seven-day Fantasy cruise (this is going to be a rough vacation!!!). With only a couple days planned for the parks we intend to do some resort visiting/hopping.

Assuming I'll still have room left to eat anything after the cruise, I'm keeping a list of that one thing from each resort I'd really like to try/have again. Can I get your help? BTW after looking at the total cost of this vacation, I'm not really inclined to do signature-type dining experiences so don't bother mentioning V&A!

So far, I have:

No Way Jose from the Beach Club
Zebra Domes from AK
Grown up grilled cheese at the Poly
Beignets at the PO resorts
King cupcake from Pop Century (I realize this is a value and we probably won't go there, but this thing sounds too good to not make the list)
The Grand Sandwich at the GF Cafe

Can you tell I have a sweet tooth??

tadshome
03-26-2013, 04:30 PM
For a snack I would recommend the beignets from POFQ :cloud9:

buzznwoodysmom
03-26-2013, 06:30 PM
There is a similar cupcake at CBR. I think it's called a money cupcake, but it's very similar to the king cupcake at pop.

We love most of the appetizers at territory lounge at WL.

We had conch fritters at OKW a few years ago. These were sold at the pool bar place. They tasted just like the conch fritters we had in the Bahamas once.

I have seen some very yummy looking cupcakes in the gift shops at contemporary. There was a strawberry one that looked amazing.

The poly has a dole whip machine.

Grabbing a shake at the beaches n cream walk up window then ordering burgers and fries at hurricane Hannah's is much cheaper than ordering food from BNC.

POFQ has really good shrimp poboys. As well as the already mentioned beignets.

That's all I can think of for now.

Janmac
03-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Big River Grille and Brewing Works, lunch: the chicken nachos appetizer - IF you have some folks to eat it with you. This is huge but really really good.

We also got the beer sampler, which I think was 7 beers.

Jan

beksy
03-28-2013, 03:28 AM
I always get an ice cream sandwich made when we stay at POFQ...they use the homemade giant cookies and you pick cookie type and ice cream type. Its like what I got at the Mainstreet Bakery without the crowds and wait.

I also cannot go on a trip without getting the tonga toast at Kona Cafe (also available at the CS but I've never tried it).