PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Marathon Weekend - Who's Doing What?

Melanie
03-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Thought I'd start a thread that we can keep updated as to who exactly is coming and who is doing what races. I know the announcement of the new 10K race (which is rumored to be Minnie themed) has changed plans of some of us.

So chime in here, and we'll keep the list updated. If you want, please include non-ICOT members who may be traveling with you. On the official meet thread, we'll start moving forward soon with some concrete plans as to special shirts, meet ups, etc. :thumbsup:

Melanie
03-24-2013, 11:01 AM
WDW Marathon
James - Melanie's DH
Tri Minnie's DH

WDW Half Marathon
Nikki (BriarRose0708)
Jessica - Nikki's sister
Angel - Natalie's DH
James - Melanie's DH
Tri Minnie
k10
Shayne - Carol's son

Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge
Carrie (cer)
Mike - Carrie's DH
James - Melanie's DH

WDW 10K
Ryan - Melanie's son
badkitty
Natalie (BrerGnat)
Angel - Natalie's DH
Maryanne (PirateLover)
slinkydog - Maryanne's DH
James - Melanie's DH
Christine
Shayne - Carol's son
Cheryl - (IceCreamBeer)

Disney Family Fun Run 5K
Melanie
Ryan - Melanie's son
James - Melanie's DH
Cindy (AgentC)
Christine
Meg (Dopey's Girl)
Justin (Yungbuck73)
Jenn (jennsky)
Carolyn (Buttercup)
Cheryl (IceCreamBeer)
Gunner - Cheryl's son
Shayne - Carol's son
Mel (JMTStone)
Jon - Mel's DH

Dopey Challenge :notworth:
Carrie (cer)
Mike - Carrie's DH
James - Melanie's DH

Our awesome #runICOT support section
Dawn
Carol

*indicates a maybe

BriarRose0708
03-24-2013, 11:35 AM
I'm in for the half, as is my sister Jessica!

BrerGnat
03-24-2013, 12:54 PM
*IF* we go:

I'll be doing the 10K, maybe the 5K if we can get in one day earlier.

DH, the 10K and the Half (and also the 5k if we get in Wednesday)

badkitty
03-24-2013, 02:40 PM
10K for me If I can register before they sell out. I'll probably do a solo trip.

I'd love to do the Dopey but just not ready for 48.6 miles and four 2:30 AM wake-up calls.

I'm leaning towards volunteering for one of the races. I volunteered for the expo last year and it was fun but I think a race would be really cool.

PirateLover
03-24-2013, 02:43 PM
My husband (slinkydog) and I are in for the 10K, definitely. Verdict is still out on whether we would actually do the 5K as well. At the minimum we hope to be there to cheer everyone on, but we won't know if that scheduling will work out for a while yet. My sister-in-law will be doing the 5K (Lisa) and we are trying to convince brother-in-law as well but not sure if he will do it.

I did see on the official runDisney page the 10K medal is Minnie Mouse. :minnie: I am SUPER excited!:minnie2:

PirateLover
03-24-2013, 03:00 PM
10K for me If I can register before they sell out. I'll probably do a solo trip.

Do you really think it will sell out quickly? I know with the 10K being a brand new race, it will attract a lot of people, but is this something like getting tickets to a big concert where you have to be online as soon as it goes on sale??

Melanie
03-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Do you really think it will sell out quickly? I know with the 10K being a brand new race, it will attract a lot of people, but is this something like getting tickets to a big concert where you have to be online as soon as it goes on sale??

I personally will be on at 11:30am that morning, with the page all fired up and waiting for the 'register now' button to appear. My hubby has threatened to divorce me if I don't get him signed up for the Dopey. ;) Although it's probably not necessary, after what happened with the Dumbo Double Dare, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Melanie
03-24-2013, 03:22 PM
I'd love to do the Dopey but just not ready for 48.6 miles and four 2:30 AM wake-up calls.

This is going to kill me. I always get up and cheer my DH on, and this time will be no exception. Three mornings have always kicked my you know what, so by morning 4, I'm going to be the walking dead. I can't imagine if I was actually RUNNING. LOL!

AgentC
03-24-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm sticking to the 5K for now. If I feel really good about training later this year and the 10K is still open, I might do that.

If my family comes with me, my kids will do the kid's races. Probably the Mickey Mile for my son and 200M dash for my daughter.

badkitty
03-24-2013, 03:57 PM

I'm probably just overreacting because of how fast the DL 10K sold out. I know there are different race capacities and I heard rD is not pre-selling except for the Runner's World challenge.

badkitty
03-24-2013, 04:00 PM
This is going to kill me. I always get up and cheer my DH on, and this time will be no exception. Three mornings have always kicked my you know what, so by morning 4, I'm going to be the walking dead. I can't imagine if I was actually RUNNING. LOL!

I hear you!
;) I think the four race challenge is properly named!

Melanie
03-24-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm probably just overreacting because of how fast the DL 10K sold out. I know there are different race capacities and I heard rD is not pre-selling except for the Runner's World challenge.

I definitely think the pre-selling is what made Dumbo sell out so quickly (although I'm glad DH got in at the WDW Marathon expo). I doubt we'll see any more pre-selling.

PirateLover
03-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys. I should be home that day so I'll also plan to be ready to go at the computer :geek: Definitely don't want to miss out!

Dopey's Girl
03-24-2013, 08:15 PM

I'll be cheering with you Mel...coffee IV maybe?

I'm in for the 5 for sure, possibly the 10...heaven help me!

Christine
03-24-2013, 08:51 PM
5k & 10k for me.

Yungbuck73
03-25-2013, 03:26 AM
5K for me and Wife Dawn will be there for support. 1st time ever running without it being for my life so I'm scared/nervous/excited about this. Should be around for support myself for the other races.

badkitty
03-25-2013, 12:15 PM
5K for me and Wife Dawn will be there for support. 1st time ever running without it being for my life so I'm scared/nervous/excited about this. Should be around for support myself for the other races.

Good for you!! You will have a blast! I really enjoyed the 5K last year. Running through EPCOT is fantastic.

Melanie
03-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Good for you!! You will have a blast! I really enjoyed the 5K last year. Running through EPCOT is fantastic.

Agreed! You'll be fine, Justin. Once you get the backstage area done (which actually can be kinda fascinating), you'll enter Epcot and it will fly by. And the character stops are great resting places. ;)

Tri Minnie
03-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Thank you for starting this thread. I did the half in January, and I think I am going to stick with that. I have given some thought to the full, but I think I might leave that to my husband. So right now I am in for the half, and my husband will do the full. Although since the non running person is in charge of the kiddos, I am not sure which will be the bigger challenge :)

MelissaW
04-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Thought I'd start a thread that we can keep updated as to who exactly is coming and who is doing what races. I know the announcement of the new 10K race (which is rumored to be Minnie themed) has changed plans of some of us.

So chime in here, and we'll keep the list updated. If you want, please include non-ICOT members who may be traveling with you. On the official meet thread, we'll start moving forward soon with some concrete plans as to special shirts, meet ups, etc. :thumbsup:

Hi Melanie - just wanted to let you know so you can update your list that I will be for sure doing the 5K or MIGHT upgrade to the 10K (with this new option, especially since the medal is a Minnie Mouse!) and my husband Tim is doing the 5 K and my daughter Grace will be doing the 5K and maybe upgrade to the 10K too. I know for sure whichever race we do wind up doing it will be just one race, because after all - for us this is still our annual trip to WDW and we don't want it to be all about the races - but we most definately want to meet up, cheer on other folks on and order any ICOT swag and Tshirts to show our ICOT support! WOO HOO!!!:thumbsup:

Buttercup
04-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Jenn (jennsky) & I are planning on doing the Family Fun Run 5K!
We are trying to convince our older sister to come and cheer us on as well... her name is Kelly but she is a "MAYBE" at this point.

k10
04-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Running the 1/2 w/ my Sister in Law and Cousin - all 1st time runners! Many years spent spectating and cheering on family and friends. We're hoping to dress up as characters from Alice in Wonderland.

My sister and close friend are running the FULL! It's going to be an exciting weekend.

:yay::fan::hatter::ccat::walk:

cer
04-11-2013, 03:04 PM
My husband (Mike) and I are in for the Dopey Challenge.

:help:

Carol
04-12-2013, 07:52 AM
I was just thinking about this type of list. It will be nice to know who we are cheering for at each race.

Me ----------------> :cheer:

My son Shayne is running the 5k, 10k and Half Marathon.

IceCreamBeer - (Cheryl) is running the 5k & 10k
Her son Gunner is also running the 5k.

Melanie
04-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Got some updating to do! :thumbsup:

Tri Minnie
04-12-2013, 04:09 PM
I mentioned this on a different thread, but my husband and I are switching roles. I am now doing the full. Yikes!

JMTStone
04-15-2013, 03:46 PM
Jon (DH) and I (Mel) are doing the 5K and will be on INTERCOT cheer squad for the other races. Happy to hold banner and whoop it up.

JMTStone
04-18-2013, 02:00 PM
I mentioned this on a different thread, but my husband and I are switching roles. I am now doing the full. Yikes!

Then I'll be one of the INTERCOTEES cheering for you!

Tri Minnie
04-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Then I'll be one of the INTERCOTEES cheering for you!

Thank you! I am looking forward to running with and cheering for fellow Intercotees :)

k10
09-13-2013, 01:06 PM
Thought I should give you my name for the running list: Kristen!

PS - Anyone doing costumes that we can watch out for and cheer for? I'll keep an eye out while running the 1/2. And while spectating the full marathon.

Hope everyone's training is going well!

J9
09-15-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm signed up for Dopey. I don't k ow what I was thinking and have been freaking out ever since!!

tcam326
09-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Hi, I'm new here. A friend told me about the group. I'm registered for the 5k & 10k. My husband & I are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. :mickey:

dnickels
09-16-2013, 08:27 PM
4th consecutive Goofy Challenge for me. One of the wheelchair racers and I'll be wearing maize (mostly) & blue so I shouldn't be too hard to spot when I go by.

BriarRose0708
09-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Hi, I'm new here. A friend told me about the group. I'm registered for the 5k & 10k. My husband & I are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. :mickey:

Hi! Welcome to INTERCOT! I'm excited you're here and you'll be joining us for the Marathon Weekend.

INTERCOT is a wonderful site, as I'm sure your friend has told you. Don't hesitate to ask questions, jump in and join the conversations! Looking forward to seeing you around and meeting you & your husband in January!

badkitty
09-17-2013, 01:25 PM

:welcome:

tcam326
09-17-2013, 02:36 PM
I usually do the races by myself. So, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Yungbuck73
09-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Glad ur here and we all will have a great time in January. There are scheduled meets set up.

tcam326
09-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Ok. I'll look and see where they are. Thanks. :mickey: