PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend - February 20-23, 2014

Melanie
03-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend -
February 20-23, 2014
:princess::prince:

Events:
Princess Half Marathon - Sunday, February 23
Disney Enchanted 10K - Saturday, February 22
Cinderella Royal Family 5K - Friday, February 21
Kids Races - Friday and Saturday, February 21 & 22

Registration as of 6/12/13:
Disney Princess Half Marathon - 50% full
Disney Enchanted 10K - 75% full
Glass Slipper Challenge - SOLD OUT

Event Costs:
Disney Princess Half Marathon
$160 by August 13, 2013
$175 between August 14 and November 19, 2013
$190 on or after November 20, 2013

Disney Enchanted 10K
$95 by August 13, 2013
$110 between August 14 and November 19, 2013
$125 on or after November 20, 2013

Glass Slipper Challenge
$270 by August 13, 2013
$290 between August 14 and November 19, 2013
$310 on or after November 20, 2013

Cinderella Royal Family 5K
$60 per participant

runDisneyKids Races
$15 per Kids Dash participant
$30 per One Mile Run participant

Official Page Here (http://www.rundisney.com/princess-half-marathon/)

Melanie
05-31-2013, 08:19 AM
Updated with new event dates and also the costs.

Registration begins June 11th, and count on this one selling out quickly as well.

Christine
06-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Early registration opened today for annual passholder a and DVC members (not sure about Chase Disney visa). I just signed up for the Tangled 10K! Woot!

NewDVCowner
06-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Is early registration available for DVC members for ALL RunDisney events? I want to sign up for the Tinkerbell Half at Disneyland however am going to be out of the country the day registration opens. Considering how quickly the Disneyland Half filled up I'm afraid that the Tinkerbell will fill up before I'm back in town the next week.

If it is available, how do you go about doing it? I didn't see anything obvious on the webpage.

Thanks so much!

Christine
06-06-2013, 05:02 PM
It generally is available early. I would start checking dvc's website about a week or two before regular registration opens. :)

NewDVCowner
06-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Thanks!

magicofdisney
06-06-2013, 06:10 PM
I was forced to convert to the new ticket last month (AP) and I can't register online with that ticket! So frustrating... :mad:

badkitty
06-06-2013, 09:57 PM
I was forced to convert to the new ticket last month (AP) and I can't register online with that ticket! So frustrating... :mad:

Do you still have access to the passholders section?
I converted a month ago as well but I was able to access the site with my log in and going to the passholders event page. The last event on the page is runDisney. There should be a password and link to Active.com. I didn't need my passholder number because I already was in Disney's system as an AP.

Good luck. I hope you can get in.

I spent so much money today. Glass Slipper and Tinkerbell. What was I thinking? ;) I haven't done the Tinkerbell before so I'm really excited!

Melanie
06-07-2013, 12:44 PM
I spent so much money today. Glass Slipper and Tinkerbell. What was I thinking? ;) I haven't done the Tinkerbell before so I'm really excited!

So you're getting the special Coast to Coast. Nice. :cool:

I just registered my hubby for the Glass Slipper. LOL! He's done the Princess before, so it's not new to him being one of a few Princes amongst the many Princesses. ;) I'm just jealous he'll get to go to Florida without me! :envy:

magicofdisney
06-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Do you still have access to the passholders section?
I converted a month ago as well but I was able to access the site with my log in and going to the passholders event page. The last event on the page is runDisney. There should be a password and link to Active.com. I didn't need my passholder number because I already was in Disney's system as an AP.

Good luck. I hope you can get in.

I do but for whatever reason it NEVER holds my passholder info. Nearly every time I log into the site (going back many years) it makes me reinter my number which now is nonexistent on the new tickets. :( I know I can simply call, but...

Good luck with your runs. I've never officially entered a race. :party:

Melanie
06-07-2013, 02:54 PM
I do but for whatever reason it NEVER holds my passholder info. Nearly every time I log into the site (going back many years) it makes me reinter my number which now is nonexistent on the new tickets. :( I know I can simply call, but...

I had the same problem all three years I was a passholder. Honestly, the system for entering all those numbers/letters is ridiculous, and having to do it every time is :bang:

Melanie
06-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Well, it didn't take a full day (after registration opened to everyone) for the Glass Slipper Challenge to sell out. Either this is the new norm, or folks are just very, very excited about these new 10Ks and Challenges. Time will tell!

As of now, you can still register for the 10K, but I wouldn't wait long.

JMTStone
06-12-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm trying to justify in my mind doing February right after January. AAAAAAAAAAAAA. I know I don't have long to decide.

cknorr28
08-13-2013, 05:54 AM
We will be able to register with one of the travel groups for the Princess but their room rates seem awful high. The cost for Caribbean is $276.00 a night. Does that seem high for the time of year? Plus Park Hopper tickets would be $293.00 for 4 days per person. We haven't booked yet just checking pricing. Also do many males run this race? I don't want to seem out of place.

badkitty
10-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Does anyone know the host resorts for the Princess weekend? I can't find it anywhere on the runDisney site yet the other races show the resorts on the travel page. Ugh. I'm worried I'm not going to get correct accomodations.

Melanie
01-28-2014, 09:00 AM
Alright, which of you are running and supporting #runICOT at the Princess Half weekend next month? It's coming up quickly! :princess:

My hubby is going down and doing the Glass Slipper Challenge, but alas, I cannot get away to go with him. So sad! :sad:

Good luck to those running as you finish up your training! :walk:

k10
01-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Good luck, runners!!! :number1:

AgentC
01-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Alright, which of you are running and supporting #runICOT at the Princess Half weekend next month? It's coming up quickly! :princess:

My hubby is going down and doing the Glass Slipper Challenge, but alas, I cannot get away to go with him. So sad! :sad:

Good luck to those running as you finish up your training! :walk:

I'll be there for the 5K. I'm not sure if I will be out there cheering on the other days since I'll have the family with me.

And go James! He is going to be the bling king this year. :prince: And :( that Mel can't come.

Melanie
01-28-2014, 10:56 AM
GO CINDY!!! I know you are happy to not be dragged down by your slow, out of shape friend from last month. ;) I know you'll rock a PR!

AgentC
01-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Aww. Thanks Mel. I'm sure I'll miss you and Cheryl's company. :)

Melanie
01-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Aww. Thanks Mel. I'm sure I'll miss you and Cheryl's company. :)

We had fun! :pluto:

Christine
01-28-2014, 01:16 PM
5&10k again for me!!!

runICOT meetup anyone!? A visit to column?

Mel, if I can get my off-property act together I'll go cheer the 1/2!! Go James! Go runICOT!

AgentC
01-28-2014, 01:28 PM
5&10k again for me!!!

Mel, if I can get my off-property act together I'll go cheer the 1/2!! Go James! Go runICOT!

I'll try, Christine.

Melanie
01-28-2014, 01:31 PM
5&10k again for me!!!

Fun! Man, I wish I could swing it to come. Just a few more years and these pesky kiddos will be out of the house. ;) LOLOL, just kidding! :D

badkitty
01-30-2014, 08:34 PM
Waivers and corral placement for the half are up! Corrals A - P for the half. I'm in J for the GSC. I'm not sure how that translates for the 10K though since I would expect there are fewer corrals and I will have the same "J" bib...

This will be a short trip for me. I can't wait for my first challenge!

AgentC
01-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Waivers and corral placement for the half are up! Corrals A - P for the half. I'm in J for the GSC. I'm not sure how that translates for the 10K though since I would expect there are fewer corrals and I will have the same "J" bib...

This will be a short trip for me. I can't wait for my first challenge!

Cool! I'm excited for you and I love the Glass Slipper medal.

Melanie
02-19-2014, 05:26 PM
Wow, Disney sure knows it's customers. ;) The Fit for A Princess Expo merchandise was just 'sneak peeked' on the runDisney Facebook page, and there are tons of options. Personally, I'm asking my hubby to pick me up the Glass Slipper Challenge wine glass. :wine:

I think they should have at least one option for the men, as there are a 'few' running. lol! Something about being a Prince amongst all the Princesses, or something along that line.

Check it out here! (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.865654206793876.1073741855.139057592786878&type=1)