PDA

View Full Version : AoA Little Mermaid Room

DANAM
03-23-2013, 01:08 AM
Hi all just booked our trip for the holidays at AoA. I requested building 9 close to parking. It appeared to be the closest standard room to food court. We normally drive to the parks instead of taking the buses. Thats why I asked for close to parking. We always stay in building 9 at Pop. Would you say this is a comparable location to building 9 Pop? Is the food court situated on that side of the main building like Pop?
Also, where is the laundry room located in thiis area? Is it coin operated or do I need to swipe my card?
Any other tidbits you wanted to share would be great.

roses
03-23-2013, 11:48 AM
I'm interested in the replies to this question as well. :thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
03-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Haven't stayed there yet, but have eaten in the food court a couple of times...love it...will go there again in May. Laundry is at the pool areas (quiet pools, can't say I noticed it at the main pools...too busy taking in the theming which is wonderful.

AgentC
03-23-2013, 02:03 PM
I can answer some of your questions. I stayed in a Little Mermaid room in Building 7.

Buildings 8 and 9 are definitely the closest to the parking but the walk wasn't bad to building 7.

I would say 7 and 8 are about the same walk to the food court. The easiest way is to go straight through the Lion King Section. When you enter Animation Hall through the entrance that is across from the feature pool, the back of the food court is right there. Walking briskly I made it in about 5 minutes. Leisurely will probably take 10.

Laundry is at the quiet pool on the side closest to building 7. I did not do any so I do not know if it was coin or card.

DANAM
03-24-2013, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the information. We have always been happy at Pop. My DD and DS are very excited to try AoA.

Katzateer
03-25-2013, 08:39 AM
We have stayed twice - once in Little Mermaid and once in Lion King.

The fastest path back to the main building and food court is through the Lion King section. Parking is about same distance to the buildings as it would be at POP.

My guess is the laundry would be set up the same as POP. Did not do any laundry either visit.

Be sure to set aside a couple of hours to walk the grounds of the resort - the theming is great. I took a lot of pictures.

All 3 pools are nice but the main pool is one of the nicest on Disney property.
Hope you love the resort as much as we did- have a great time!