PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier

pox24
03-19-2013, 08:35 AM
This past week end my DW and I ate at Le Cellier. It had been awhile since we were there and although the meal was very good, it did not warrant the price. this place is grossly overpriced.

faline
03-19-2013, 08:41 AM
That seems to be the general feeling since it was reclassified as a signature restaurant.

disneydeb
03-19-2013, 09:57 AM
We used to love to eat there, but since it went "signature" the service and food prep has gone way down hill... we won't eat there anymore.:(

PlutoPlanet
03-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Understand what you are saying. We're still going to eat there as we love the steaks. Where else would you go for a good value on steak? We tried Yachtsman and won't go back there. I liked Captain's Grille, but DW did not.

BrerGnat
03-19-2013, 12:22 PM
Where else would you go for a good value on steak?

If you want GOOD steak, go to Shula's.

I classify GOOD steak as something I'd get from Morton's or Ruths Chris. IMO, nothing I've had at any of Disney's Signature restaurants has been on the same level. Shula's is excellent. It's also very expensive, but I am willing to pay the price for a really good steak. I also had an excellent Filet Mignon dish at Bluezoo, at the Dolphin. Neither of these are Disney owned, which is probably why they are so good. ;)

mdricks
03-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Try Shula's. Great beef, good service, deep wine list. Its definitely a different experience from Le Cellier but the food is excellent.

:number1:

Brooklynos
03-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Sadly our upcoming November trip will be our very first without Le Cellier. It's one of our fave's but not worth the two meal credit for the same food we got when it wasn't signature. We considered lunch this time around but now that it's 2 TS credits all day we are moving on. Still good food to us, just not worth burning an extra meal credit. :(

PlutoPlanet
03-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll put Shula's on the list.

Hammer
03-20-2013, 02:10 PM
I guess at WDW, it would need to be Shula's. I am not a fan of this high-end chain and I and other members of my traveling party have enjoyed my steaks at similar chains, such as Capital Grille, more. I am also not impressed with Seasons 32 (also a part of this restaurant group). As other high end chain steakhouses aren't on site yet, I would probably go to Shula's. I am hoping, however, with the new Disney Springs they bring in a Capital Grille or Morton's to WDW property. I find it is a better steak.

Honestly, if we want to eat a high end steak, we wait until we are back at my Mom's in Tampa and eat at Berns :tasty: !

dlpmikki
03-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Somewhat off topic but all this talk of steaks reminds me of the wonderful steak restaurant that used to be on the Empress Lilly - Captains Grill I think it was called. Superb steaks every time!

NJGIRL
03-30-2013, 10:30 PM
This past week end my DW and I ate at Le Cellier. It had been awhile since we were there and although the meal was very good, it did not warrant the price. this place is grossly overpriced.

I 100% agree with you about it being over priced, but you are kinder than I am about the quality of the meal. :D

RedSoxFan
03-31-2013, 01:14 PM
We ate at LeCellier in November. I agree that it was way overpriced and the food wasn't all that great. I've eaten there before and enjoyed it then; but not this last time. I doubt we would eat there again.

BigB
03-31-2013, 04:11 PM
my DG and I went in May and we didn't really care for it. We made reservations and still had to wait almost an hour to be seated. The food was good, not great and definitely not worth the two points. I found my steak to be rather ordinary and she found her food to be average at best. We had a much better meal at Flying Fish. We won't be back to Le Cellier again.

Katzateer
03-31-2013, 06:36 PM
Understand what you are saying. We're still going to eat there as we love the steaks. Where else would you go for a good value on steak? We tried Yachtsman and won't go back there. I liked Captain's Grille, but DW did not.

My favorite steaks at WDW are at Konas, California Grill and Narcossees. Not sure how the prices compare to Le Cellier. Haven't gone in years since the staff was really rude the last 2 times I went.

NJGIRL
04-01-2013, 03:21 PM
My favorite steaks at WDW are at Konas, California Grill and Narcossees. Not sure how the prices compare to Le Cellier. Haven't gone in years since the staff was really rude the last 2 times I went.

We also had a very rude waitress in October.

renecat
04-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Le Cellier was a must do for us every trip. We ate there for lunch before they changed it to a signature also. Had a great hamburger there. Now I was told it is no longer on the menu so we also won't be returning.

CuteAsMinnie
04-07-2013, 12:05 PM

Tried it once. That was enough.

Oh, ya... almost forgot... $300+ meal was comped as well.:sick: