PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for DS's Birthday

steph436
03-15-2013, 07:44 PM
We are traveling to Disney for my DS's 10th b-day. Any ideas for his B-day dinner? I plan on ordering a special cake but can't decide on a dinner location. Help! :mickey:

Kairi_7378
03-15-2013, 08:57 PM
If the dinner (or the trip) isn't a surprise, I'd ask DS to help picking the restaurant. I'd go for one of the WS restaurants like Rose and Crown or Tepan Edo. If there is a resort that captures some of his current interests I'd consider visiting one of the resort restaurants. (ie, Artists' Point if he loves the outdoors, Boma/ Sanaa if he likes animals, etc.)

Pop Centurion
03-15-2013, 10:39 PM
My Nieces' most memorable experiences for her 12th Bday was at Crystal Palace, Boma, & Liberty Tree Tavern(when it had characters)

Crystal Palace decorated the table with pixie dust, a few party favors, a signed card from Pooh & the gang, and sang happy bday to her. As we approached the table she looked confused, wondering what all that stuff was. Then it dawned on her & she was all smiles.

For Boma they sang as well, gave her a card signed by all the cast members in their different languages from each region of Africa. The also brought out a cutting board with a bunch of small desserts that weren't at the buffet. She was fascinated by the card & kept reading it the rest of the night back at our resort.

Liberty Tree had characters at the time and they just sang & brought out a cupcake. But what really stood out for her was when Goofy had her get up & dance with him. So mad I didn't have a video camera that year but I did take a bunch of pics.

But just remember that there's no guarantee they'll do any of the same things that people may mention. So don't go in with certain expectations and feel slighted if your experience is not the same. But Disney does love to make kids feel special on their Bday so I doubt you'll be disappointed no matter where you go.

buzznwoodysmom
03-15-2013, 11:09 PM
My boys have enjoyed birthday dinners at whispering canyon cafe. We always stay at WL for their birthday trips so WCC is an easy meal location. I ordered the chocolate Mickey head cake both times and had them delivered to our table.

steph436
03-17-2013, 02:45 PM
We have decided on Sanaa! We tried this restaurant for the first time last year and LOVED it! DS was excited because they let him order lamb even though he was ordering from the kids menu. Next project will be to order his birthday cake. I am not really fond of the podium cakes and would prefer something made just for him!

buzznwoodysmom
03-17-2013, 05:01 PM
The Mickey head cakes I have ordered were not podium cakes. I ordered them through the cake hotline. I think the cost was around $48 and the cake was delicious both times. Very moist! We have ordered these twice now, and would not hesitate to order it again for future birthdays.

steph436
03-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks! That sounds really good! Who do we contact for a cake to be delivered to the Sanaa restaurant?