PDA

View Full Version : Cape may cafe ??

brianjdu4
03-15-2013, 09:58 AM
What do people have to say about this buffet?

Scar
03-15-2013, 10:19 AM
I've been there once with a party of 10 and everyone enjoyed both the food and service. I wouldn't call it the best restaurant on property, but good enough that I would go there again.

ledudes
03-15-2013, 10:38 AM
We have done the character breakfast and the seafood dinner and we enjoyed them both. If you like seafood, the dinner has lots of great choices, and the breakfast is fun becasue of the characters in their beach outfits. Most breakfast buffets have the same basic foods so it is similar to Chef Mickey's and Crystal palace as far as the food.

DizneyRox
03-15-2013, 01:09 PM
While I enjoy the restaurant, the price is out of touch with reality. It's a good place, but not worth the cash.

I have heard reports recently of them trimming the selections at dinner, but can't confirm that it's true. I would say that it's a real possibility, but it's been so long that I can't say for sure if I saw less the last time I was there vs earlier trips.

It used to be a once per trip stop, but it's no longer on the list.

bruin1344
03-16-2013, 12:39 PM
one of my favorite buffets on property and usually eat there every vacation

PETE FROM NYC
03-16-2013, 08:12 PM
We finally had ADRs last Sept.
Probably the best meal we had that trip.
Can't wait to return Sept next year.

TinkerbellT421
03-16-2013, 08:20 PM
You're going to find this place gets A LOT of mixed reviews. We love it, eat there every trip, except this past December. We love the dinner, and the sad part is we dont even eat what what most people go there for, the crab kegs and clams.

Madame Leona
03-17-2013, 09:01 AM
We've only eaten there for breakfast but it's not someplace I would care to revisit. The food wasn't the worst I've ever had but it just seemed vary bland and not a large variety.

Oddly enough, I would still like to give dinner a try before I completely right off this restaurant.

Katzateer
03-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Used to go every trip for dinner - my family really likes the seafood. I found a lot I liked also and the desserts are wonderful! the girls liked drawing on the paper tablecloth.

Never did try the breakfast.

debbymc4
03-17-2013, 06:50 PM
We have been to the character breakfast. I agree that the price is a lot if you are paying cash. We also really enjoyed walking around the resort. We went on our departure day and it was a good way to transition my young son to leaving.

RavsRuleDisney!
03-18-2013, 03:05 PM
one of my personal faves (dinner buffet). It is a bit pricey but hey, you're at Disney, what isn't?! :blush: Lots of good selections from salads, mains & sides + great dessert selection....oooh, now I'm getting hungry!! Can't complain - one week to go and we are there!!!! :number1:

PlutoPlanet
03-19-2013, 12:22 PM
I think the buffet is good, not great. DD liked it when she was 10; they have good kid options. The clams and mussels are very popular (check the current menu.) We've stopped going there, though. After having eaten there 5 times, we going elsewhere. Service was always first rate. Very good desserts too.