PDA

View Full Version : Ohana Character Breakfast

KiNg4aDaY
03-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Hey all: My brother just made an ADR for Ohana at Polynesian for the character breakfast. Just wondering if anyone has ever done this. How is it compared to other locations like Chef Mickey's? They told him on the phone the breakfast is served family style instead of buffet style.

Just curious ;) we leave in a few weeks and things are starting to fall into place!

mydisneygirls
03-14-2013, 02:25 PM
We always enjoyed breakfast at O'Hana's. Correct that it's served family style so in terms of difference between here and the other buffets is that, in my opinion, you don't get as a variety of food choices. At O'Hana's they serve (bring to the table) Mickey waffles, egg, sausage, bacon and I think some fruit. We don't do breakfast any longer not because of the food but because of the price. For myself and may 2 daughters, it was over $110. I can't justify that for eggs and bacon.

paymerich
03-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Not bad but not great either. We would not do it again. Ohana dinner is magnitudes better.

Jeri
03-14-2013, 02:46 PM
We did this for the 1st time back in 2010 and loved it. There is plenty of food. They will keep bringing you more if you want it.
Yes, it is family style so they have a big platter with your eggs, bacon, sausages, and potatoes. They brought around Mickey waffles frequently and give you as many as you want. We also got a bowl of some breakfast breads or something like that. Again these were very yummy too. We really liked the juice they served.

The characters were very fun and took lots of pictures and our server was amazing too.

We really liked this breakfast and are going to be doing it again this October.

AgentC
03-14-2013, 02:47 PM
We have always enjoyed Ohana's character breakfast. If I had to compare to other breakfasts, I would say the food is as good as Chef Mickey's but less variety.

In addition to the items mydisneygirls mentioned you also get a special juice, potatoes and two types of breakfast bread. It is all you can eat just like a buffet. Since my kids are all about the Mickey waffles, the lack of variety doesn't bother us. If food more than characters is your interest I think the breakfast at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom is the best.

Character interaction really comes down to what characters you like. We find Stitch to be entertaining. We've also had great interaction here with Mickey. If Lilo and Stitch don't interest you this might not be your place. For us it is always on the top of the list.

mydisneygirls
03-14-2013, 02:54 PM
I agree with paymerich about dinner!!!!!:thumbsup:

whitney37354
03-15-2013, 03:27 PM
We had six character meal breakfasts & O'hana was our favorite.

KiNg4aDaY
03-15-2013, 03:49 PM
It looks as though we are switching to Crystal Palace because of transportation issues. We were told that we would have to get taxis to get to Polynesian that early because Disney transportation isn't operating.

Melanie
03-15-2013, 04:33 PM
You know, I have sung the praises of the 'Ohana breakfast on here for years. I have so many fond memories here, and it's always been a family favorite. :lei:

Last fall, when it came time for ICOT15 and my traveling group began discussing what meals we wanted to do, I immediately said I wanted to do breakfast at 'Ohana. I think it was probably our worst meal of the trip. I felt so bad about it. :( It pretty much boiled down to service though. We started out on a bad note when we were seated at a table by the right windows where the sun was coming in, and would have blinded two of us had we sat there. We were moved, but it didn't seem like they were too happy about us asking.

Our server was out there, kinda erratic and distracted the whole time, and getting things in a timely manner was an issue. And then we witnessed him spilling a tray of drinks on our neighboring table. It was horrible. Totally an accident, but horrible nonetheless. Add to that the characters didn't seem as engaged compared to my previous visits. Whether that was due to our party being only adults, I can't say. But it was kind of disappointing since if anyone knows me, they know I'm pretty gaga over characters.

The food was still good (I really like the family style) and I just LOVE the juice.

All this said, I will certainly return, because I know anyone and any place can have a bad day. I've had too many great experiences here not to give it another chance. I hope you have a great time, and have an extra glass of juice for me! :stitch:

Melanie
03-15-2013, 04:34 PM
It looks as though we are switching to Crystal Palace because of transportation issues. We were told that we would have to get taxis to get to Polynesian that early because Disney transportation isn't operating.

You could get transport to Magic Kingdom and then take the boat or monorail over to the Poly.

FLKatie912
03-16-2013, 05:40 PM

What time are the reservations? Transportation begins an hour prior to park opening.

DANAM
03-22-2013, 10:44 PM
I have to agree with the above post. We love 'Ohana and can't go to Disney without going for dinner and most of the time breakfast too. But when we went it May it was okay. Service was horrible but atmosphere was excellent as usual. We have deceided to give tge spot a rest for awhile. Its a shame because tge atmosphere is wonderful. My kids love it. We normally eat here on or last morning before the 12 hour drive home. It our tradition but we are thinking we are going to give another spot a chance this December.

Davy Crockett
04-03-2013, 12:04 PM
We've done them all as our DD loves character meals and I can say without reservation that Ohana's was one of the best breakfast experiences we've had. BUT to be able to get into the park ahead of everyone else then either Crystal palace at MK or Donald's dining experience at the Tusker house at AK. Eating at Crystal Palace IF you go early enough will give you a great opportunity to take some really memorable pictures in front and around the castle with virtually no one around. Some of our best family photos have been from doing this.

Mike96
04-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Love it! One of our favorites that seems to be a yearly tradition. All the food is brought to your table which works great for us since we have (2) young children. Eggs, Sausage, Bacon, Mickey Waffles, Potatoes, etc and some very yummy beverages.

There is a family portrait taken at the beginning and then characters come to each table. (Stitch, Lilo, Mickey and Pluto) It is a bit pricey but we are usually on the dining plan so it is what is.

Enjoy
Mike:mickey::mickey:

ASweetLov
04-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Out of curiosity, what kind of juice do they serve? Everyone on here is saying how great it is.

Williams5
04-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Out of curiosity, what kind of juice do they serve? Everyone on here is saying how great it is.

It's either pure Guava or a blend that includes Guava, I can't recall exactly.