PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dinner Package

MargaretMessler
03-14-2013, 08:23 AM
I am mulling over the idea of booking this in order to minimize our wait time for Fantasmic, since we will be at DHS on Star Wars weekend. Is it worth it? Or should I just plan on doing the show another night if the line is too crazy?

Which restaurant would you choose? And do you always get first show if there are two? Travelling with my 60+ mother on this trip, I don't think the late late show would be a good option.

whitney37354
03-14-2013, 10:55 AM
We did the package & ate at Mama Melrose. We had great seats & walked straight in.

TinkerbellT421
03-14-2013, 11:33 AM
We did the Fantasmic Package. And honestly, if you don't want to stand in line for 2 hours before show time, I would highly recommend getting it.

We also ate at Mama Melrose, and we were skeptical about that reservation. We LOVED it. Loved the service, the atmosphere and the food was to die for. We now have a new must do for DHS, and normally we NEVER eat in DHS unless we have a reason to.

The Fantasmic reservation was very easy and stressfree as far as worrying about actually getting a seat. I would do it again if we ever wanted to see the show.

PETE FROM NYC
03-16-2013, 08:14 PM
We had the package at H&V in 2009, and still could not get in. Later trips, no problem.

Pirate Granny
03-17-2013, 04:09 PM
We have a package for the first night of Star Wars...didn't realize that when I booked it...I called 180 out and could only get 3:30 at Mama Melrose, for two adults and one child. Packages are only for the first show, and will not be honored for any reason at the second showing...and you better be in the package line no later than 30 minutes before the show, or you've lost your reserved section! What we do to not have to wait In a long, long lines with a 3 year old!

MargaretMessler
03-17-2013, 04:41 PM
We have a package for the first night of Star Wars...didn't realize that when I booked it...I called 180 out and could only get 3:30 at Mama Melrose, for two adults and one child. Packages are only for the first show, and will not be honored for any reason at the second showing...and you better be in the package line no later than 30 minutes before the show, or you've lost your reserved section! What we do to not have to wait In a long, long lines with a 3 year old!

I'll take 30 minutes over the possible 1 1/2 to 2 hours in the stand by. Going to have to mull this over, I'm still leaning somewhat toward going back on a free night (or maybe on the night after we do AK) instead. Mostly because none of the TS restaurants really thrill me. It would be Mama Melrose if anything.

Pirate Granny
03-18-2013, 08:28 AM
At this late date there may be nothing available for the package anyway...unless someone cancels...I would call immediately to even see what was open. You are only 60-90 days out!

kcrc
03-18-2013, 10:13 AM
We have done the package at Mama Melrose's and have enjoyed it each time! I thought I read somewhere that the package reservation times are only the earlier times. I'm trying to remember the latest time we've been able to get - maybe 4:45?

MargaretMessler
03-18-2013, 06:01 PM
We have done the package at Mama Melrose's and have enjoyed it each time! I thought I read somewhere that the package reservation times are only the earlier times. I'm trying to remember the latest time we've been able to get - maybe 4:45?

I think there were some in the 5:00 range, and yes - to the person who mentioned that there might not be availability - there were several times open on that day between 3 and 5 for each place.

DANAM
03-22-2013, 10:35 PM
If it helps we went last year during Star Wars weekend and Memorial Day weekend. We walked over 20 minutes before the show and there was plenty seating on the far left. The Fantasmic area was packed. We decided to sit on the far left. I drove myself crazy getting the package for preferred seats and we didn't use them.

Nunavut family
03-23-2013, 11:07 AM
I got a Fantasmic Dinner Package for April 18, at Hollywood and Vine for 6:10 pm. I know the reviews aren't the best but it will work as my children are very easy to please. We can have dinner then make our way to Fantasmic when we finish.

Oh, forgot to mention that I made the reservation this past Thursday at lunch time. The other two restaurants only had lunch seating times available.

Lindsey310
03-24-2013, 02:34 PM
We loved the fantasmic dinner package and def thought it was worth it!! We literally got in line 10 min before the show started and got great seats!! We ate at Mama Melrose's and really loved the food. :eat:

ANG
03-25-2013, 03:19 PM
TY everyone for the info. We're doing our first fantasmic dining package on our next trip