PDA

View Full Version : Storytime w Belle, MK?

minnie-mouse
03-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Does this attraction/meet and greet use Fast pass? Does it get really crowded? Also, I noticed in a youtube video of it, that after the play Belle hands each person who acted as a character in the play something. What is it?

PlutoToo
03-12-2013, 07:56 PM
We were there just after it opened so it was really crowded. It was not a fast pass attraction and the average wait was 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours. After the story, Belle hands her helpers a bookmark. It was cute, but not 2 hours worth. IMHO.

DisneyDawgette
03-12-2013, 08:28 PM
I watched a YouTube video that was posted of this attraction in January, and the people waited in line forEVER. They were champs about it, but I took one glance at that line and went, "never in a million years."

WDWForever
03-12-2013, 08:55 PM
We were there a month ago. Very crowded because it was so new (like the other new attractions). Waited 90 mins the first time but worth it when my 6 yr old daughter played the part of beast and was the only one who got to dance with Belle at the end. My 4 yr old played the kettle. They tried to give all kids parts if they can. No signing but those who did play parts got a photo opportunity with Belle at the end. Did it two other times and my girls played other parts. Best is to go at opening.

Butters
03-13-2013, 09:14 AM
We went 2 days after it opened, got there at park opening and made a mad dash for it... Still waited 30 min.

My 2 yr old DD loved it but would not wait over an hour for it

Melanie
03-13-2013, 09:39 AM
To be fair, the awesome part for me, and worth the wait at least once, is the magic mirror portal. That is an incredible effect. :jaw:

The storytime part is cute, and when I was there, even if you didn't get chosen for a main part, they offered lesser parts, if you will, to those who wanted to participate and then have the opportunity for the one on one time with Belle.

PirateLover
03-13-2013, 11:16 AM
If you are a big Beauty and the Beast fan, it's worth it to check it out at least once. No one likes to wait in a super long line, but the cottage is so well themed, and as Mel said, seeing the mirror turn into a portal live and in person is truly one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed. If you participate in the show, you get a guaranteed photo and interaction with Belle. She gives you a bookmark that says something along the lines of "Thanks for being part of my favorite story." The only bummer is it isn't laminated so it's easy to crumple/lose. As a 20-something with no kids, I greatly enjoyed it as it brought me back to my days as a 7 year old who was obsessed with the movie when it first came out. I only wish the library was even BIGGER! :thumbsup:

etibbetts
03-13-2013, 12:11 PM
When I went there was only a 20-25 minute wait and I thought it was well worth it. Even my nephew who was anti Princess and had no desire to go, loved it and chose to get a part in the play. The bookmark is cute and the adults are given a photopass card at the end that has pictures from your group.

I wouldn't wait over an hour, but I highly recommend checking it out. As someone else mentioned, the mirror effect is really cool.

k10
03-13-2013, 12:38 PM
On our honeymoon in Jan, my husband and I hit MK for morning EMHs and right to this attraction. Waited 25 minutes.

Final verdict, from 2 adults w/ no kids: absolutely adorable and different. But I wouldn't wait in line for more than 45 minutes, now that I've done it.

DonaldDuckUSA
03-15-2013, 08:53 PM
DBF and I waited 45 minutes and he "felt it was a little kiddie" but its fun to watch. There are a few neat special effects. We've done a lot of MK, so we didn't mind spending a lot of time on something new. We probably won't do it again until we have kids, but I thought it was very sweet.

ANG
03-16-2013, 09:13 AM
We did this attraction during the private viewing in October so we didn't have to wait long. I think it's a must do for any Disney fanatic. I agree with other PP that maybe if you try at park opening or late evening when Fantasyland isn't as busy?

DS2 was 18 months and was chosen to be Maurice. I will NEVER forget how adorable he was holding up the iron bars prop and shaking it when Belle knelt down to him. I think it's one of my favorite memories from ALL of our Disney trips. The bookmarks are in our shadow box with our pins.

Just keep trying!

roses
03-16-2013, 12:14 PM
I was lucky enough to be down there in October and happen to be walking by while they did a secret preview. I went up and asked, and they just let us in! It was AWESOME! Our wait was only 5 minutes for both Enchanted Tales with Belle and The Little Mermaid. :cloud9: Love the theming throughout the New Fantasyland!

beksy
03-26-2013, 01:25 AM
Do adults participate to or just the kids?

Katzateer
03-26-2013, 08:34 AM
To be fair, the awesome part for me, and worth the wait at least once, is the magic mirror portal. That is an incredible effect. :jaw: e.

I agree - the details and the mirror are amazing. I have been through twice and would not wait in line again unless it was short (or I had little ones that wanted to go).

But, they did an amazing job and I love the interaction with the kids.

Katzateer
03-26-2013, 08:41 AM

If there weren't enough kids to fill the parts I could see them Letting adults but I think they try to just let enough kids in so they can all have a part. A couple of adults or teen parts if older kids don't fill them.

The reason the line moves so slow is a small group is let in each time and I believe they are counting the kids that enter not the adults since the kid parts seem to work out perfectly.

roses
03-28-2013, 07:47 PM

They used both when I saw it. But there wasn't enough kids to even fill the production - the only child not used was my DD but that's because when we entered she was asleep on my shoulder :)