PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan with toddlers!?

TFrauts
03-11-2013, 11:07 PM
My husband and I are in a bit of a predicament... We will be traveling to disney, staying at AKV for 7 nights. We have 2 sons who will be 2 & 3 during our trip. We can't make up our mind if we would like to get the dining plan or not. He definitely does, but I am unsure. He wants the "table service" plan as opposed to the quick service. Our boys are generally good, and we take them out to restaurants quite a bit at home. The only time they start acting up if during really long waits...I am just worried about having to eat table service meals 7 times in a week! Haha... We know we want to do 3 table service meals for sure(chef Mickey, tree, etc!) holy- this turned into a novel...just curious if anyone else has had experience with this... Good idea/bad idea/ restaurants that are great for toddlers particularly! We will not be renting a car, so we will definite be eating on property! Thank you so much your your help!

gerald72
03-12-2013, 12:48 AM
I don't understand the predicament.
You will be eating in Disney restaurants whether you get the dining plan or not.
If you are worried about getting the plan and not being able to use up the credits, then I say don't get it. You will need to purchase the plan for the 3 year old.

Pirate Granny
03-12-2013, 07:45 AM
You will be fine...the boys will do well at the character meals and that is one of the best values if on the dining plan. We have traveled with the grand children numerous times and they have all done wonderful at the same ages as your children...we have not done the signature dining with them (2 credits), as I don't believe they can sit long enough for everyone to enjoy their meal...us and the people around us... The exception being the Castle dinner at the MK...we have done that, but there were tons of kids and characters to boot. The hardest part there was waiting inside for your picture with Cinderella and waiting to be called upstairs to your table. Food comes quickly once you are up there.

KiNg4aDaY
03-12-2013, 10:08 AM
I would echo what others have said here. Even though I don't have kids of my own, its Disney. They are used to having kids be a little impatient and rambunctious. The chances are the table next to you will have impatient kids as well.

As a solo traveler I always made a little mission out of trying to find a solitary spot away from kids for a break, and the only one I have found is my hotel room. So I think you will be fine.

cuteduck223
03-12-2013, 01:02 PM
we do it with our 4 yr old. Did it when she was 2, and when she was 3. Especially character meals or buffet type places she was fine. She did great at Garden Grille, 50's prime time, and coral reef as well. As long as their is something to hold her interest, we've been able to sit and enjoy. :)

Brooklynos
03-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Glad to read this thread!!! We are taking our then 2 1/2 yr old in november and are doing a good amount of table service meals! I agree with the previous posters, my DH and I have gone every year just about and constantly see toddlers in sit down restaraunts. As long as they have something or someone to keep them occupied we've never seen an inconsolable child. :) Plus it's Disney, they deserve to get the whole experience too! :thumbsup:

ledudes
03-19-2013, 01:56 PM
I don't think you will have any trouble with kids at teh sit down restaurants. Be sure to pick times for your meals when the kids won't be extra tired or cranky. If they get tired at night, make your dinners for the earliest times. Don't book any fancy restaurants that are aimed more for a quiet mel, try to do lots of the theme types like character meals, Germany, Sci Fi diner, places like that that have lots going on for the kids to watch. It keeps them entertained while you eat. The table service only ends up giving you one sit down type per day, so use them for character breakfasts and fun dinners and you won't have a problem.