PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Kidani please?!

TFrauts
03-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Soooo... Apparently I haven't logged into my account here since 2008 :( how sad!! I guess I have been too busy having babies! I now have 2 boys(aged 1.5 & 2.5)...

Now on to my question! We have planned a week at AKL-kidani in a standard view, deluxe studio. Can anyone tell me the kind of view we might expect, or suggest any room/floor requests that might make our stay a bit easier with toddlers? Is there a block that is closest to the pool, or one closer to the elevators?? We have stayed at okw and bwv before, but this is our first time at AKW!

Thank you so much for your help!

AgentC
03-12-2013, 12:00 AM
I stayed in a 1 bedroom standard view at Kidani. Some views over look the pool, but most look over parking. Unlike other resorts most of the parking is in a garage so it is not bad (and I say this as a picky view person). Other than the small parking areas you will then see part of the grounds with quite a bit of vegetation.

There are multiple elevators in the buildings and the walk didn't feel that long to any of them. The blocks closest to the pool are near the lobby. 7604-through 7633 (as well as the 77's, 78's & 79's) are closest to the pool.

AgentC
03-12-2013, 12:05 AM
Here was our standard view.

TFrauts
03-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Awesome! Thank you for your help! They don't look bad at all:0)

lawgirl
03-12-2013, 08:37 AM
I believe our last room at Kidani was around the 7921 area. We could see the pool, and it was great. The view was beautiful, much better than the typical standard parking lot view at Jambo. We really have loved our stays at Kidani. I think the one thing I would probably ask for, if you are planning on taking the busses around, is for a room near the lobby. I can imagine the rooms at the end of the resort take forever to walk to. But, the parking garage is nice. Last time, we were able to park right next to the elevator that was near our room. It was very convenient.

The pool at Kidani is the best. My son (2YO) absolutely LOVED the splash pool area. We are planning on spending the day there next time in April. The pool bar is nice, and the whole area is landscaped beautifully. Also, we really enjoy Sanaa alot, and our son really liked it as well. The only downside to Kidani is having to walk to Jambo to get the quick service Mara. It's not a bad walk, and we never really minded it, but when you are hungry, with little ones, it can be a bit of a downer to have to walk 10 minutes to get breakfast. We usually take food or have groceries delivered to the room.

I hope you have a great trip!

Goofster
03-12-2013, 10:05 AM
We were just at Kidani last week and loved it. We had a 2 BR in the 74s with a standard view that overlooked the bus stop area, which actually was quite nice as there was a lot of vegetation and very little parking and we had a very, very short walk to the bus stop. The only section with a standard view that probably wouldn't be that great is the section that overlooks the larger parking lot in between Kidani and Jambo House. Our kids loved the pool, the animal viewing areas and the overall theme of the resort. Have a great time!

buzznwoodysmom
03-12-2013, 11:07 AM
I don't have any info about the view, we haven't stayed in that view catagory.

I did want to let you know one thing we had an issue with when we stayed at Kidani. There is no easy place to get quick service food. You can get very limited items from the pool bar, room service, or a few things from the gift shop. But there is no Quick Service location in the resort. We found this to be very frustrating when you just want something quick and filling. We ended up getting a frozen pizza and cooked it in the room one night (we were at the pool and a storm came so we didn't want to have to wait for our food out there and then take it to the room through the rain), but with a studio even cooking a pizza wouldn't be an option for you.

The other thing we didn't really care for was the location of the pool. It felt sort of "removed" from the resort. We just thought it was such an odd location.

It really is a great resort, but given the choice we'd go with Jambo House. It was much more convenient for food and pool.

DCDisney
04-18-2013, 03:49 PM
We stayed in a standard view deluxe studio and we had a view of the savannah ! SSSSSHHHHH ... well kept secret I guess... I don't remember the room #, but we were on the outer part of the curved building, facing the very edge of the property. Outside our balcony was the fenceline, but between the building and the fence was part of the savannah. We saw several types of animals walking by our room. Take a look at the resort map and find the outer circle area near the property's edge .. it was still considered "standard view".

TFrauts
05-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Thank you so much everyone! I will keep everyone's tips/tricks in mind...can't believe only 79 days to go!!! Wohooooo