PDA

View Full Version : Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

DDawg1968
03-11-2013, 05:32 PM
WOO HOO!!!!! Just booked my first trip in almost 5 years!!!! Im So Excited!!!! Adult trip long weekend, October 25-28. Fingers crossed for free dinning or some other discount!!!! Im Happy Happy :mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
03-11-2013, 05:53 PM
It really stinks when you have to wait so long between trips.
DW and I had a trip drought from 1999 til 2007. And the trip was lousy b/c we wasted all of our time trying to find them, and wound up missing our ADRs.
When we got back home, it almost felt like no vacation.

mgmnut
03-11-2013, 07:20 PM
WOO HOO!!!!! Just booked my first trip in almost 5 years!!!! Im So Excited!!!! Adult trip long weekend, October 25-28. Fingers crossed for free dinning or some other discount!!!! Im Happy Happy :mickey:

Awesome! Gives you something to look forward to. It will be nice to be back after all that time away! Hopefully you stumble upon some discouts to boot!

WhiteRose1
03-11-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm going after waiting for 5 years too! but this is actually the way we plan it!

We wait every 5 years and go other places in-between.

Since my hubby and I have been married (celebrating 10 years this oct, and yes we are going for our 10th anniversary!) we have been to disney twice, and the other years went to other places like europe, alaska, cruises through the panama canal, driving trips up the coast, weekend get-aways, etc.

This way when you do go back to Disney...there is something new to see...I think this is really important for kids too, because it gives them a chance to get some culture.

When I was a kid we went every six years, you can see my history on my signature.

PirateLover
03-11-2013, 11:24 PM
5 years! How do you do it! Haha... I had 7 years between my first two trips (when I was dependent on my parents) but since I started dating my now-DH, we have not gone more than 1 1/2 years without visiting a Disney park. Heck, we were just there in October and have the itch to go back right now! In that way, it's like an addiction...the more times you visit, the more you want to go back! :cool:

Ms. Mode
03-12-2013, 08:29 AM
We too went in October and plan a trip for this December with our DD and new SIL. When I started out it was over 13 months between trips, even worse for our DD with over 19 months between trips...she's having major withdrawl problems. :blush:

DisneyDawgette
03-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Oh gosh, I grew up going to Disney every year and then went 5 years without! I'm now about to purchase an annual pass, and DBF who went with me for his first time in June is right there too! We came back from Orlando on Sunday after a quick day at Downtown Disney (it wasn't why we went, so no Disney time :( ) and we've been itching to get back! At least 4 trips planned for the next year, including a trip that I have been allowed to start planning for honeymoon time! :mickey: :cloud9:

So happy you can get back! Kuddos for abstaining for 5 years between each trip! ;)

pdrlkr
03-19-2013, 10:44 AM
:congrats:

LudwigVonDrake
04-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Congratulations!! :wave:

vizsla
04-11-2013, 05:09 AM
:thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
04-11-2013, 02:55 PM
It's wonderful to hear how excited you are!!! I'm always excited (and jealous) when friends tell me they are going!! I get disneyitis the day after we leave....I do t know if I could survive five years in between trips!!