PDA

View Full Version : Episode 48 - Get Out Of The Line!

John
03-11-2013, 03:40 PM
The Cast: Melanie Bounds, Carol Robert, Ian Mitchell, Gary O’Brien, John Yaglenski

- We talk Coffee and welcome Joffrey’s to Walt Disney World. It goes on for a while. We actually start things on a positive note.

- Mel went to Asia. *How about that.

- New Big Thunder Mountain Queue.

- We talk Mork from Ork.

- Queue the movie, Fastpass the movie, Busses the movie!

- Interactive Queue’s - where does it end.

- Get out of the line! Carol is scared of the my plus magic doodad.

- Monorail Red is Back and unwrapped.

- Beautifully Disney Cosmetics

- Omnimover boat ride

- Downtown Disney - AGAIN. Disney Springs?

- And we’re BACK!

- Best of Resort Lobby. Gary goes with Wilderness Lodge, Carol says the Grand Californian, Mel prefers the Disneyland Hotel, Ian goes fru-fru at the Grand Floridian, and John likes Boardwalk.

- Resort ID cards, dedicated Monorail cars, the guard shacks.

- Downtown Disney resorts

- Star Wars, Han Solo and more.

- Disneyland - the girls detail their trips and experiences from their recent visit. World of Color, Starbucks, attention to details, the big wheel and more.

- Spectromagic returning or not?

- New Run Disney Forum

- Segway Tour eliminated

- Rain songs

>> Listen, Download, Share, Love, Rinse and Repeat - then tell two friends - and so on, and so on, and so on... (http://intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2013/episode-48.asp)

Dopey's Girl
03-12-2013, 10:57 AM
You all kill me. Love having the main group (Mel and Carol!) back. I love Michael and Christine, but I have missed the balance that Carol and Mel bring.

I'm scared of the My Magic Plus (or whatever it's called) too. There are already so many visitors who have no clue what is going on (dining plan, fastpass) that I just see this as another chance to frustrate people further.

Best resort lobby, I have to agree with Gary. There is just something very special about the Wilderness Lodge lobby. It's so cozy and inviting. A close second would be Beach Club, just for the smell alone.

Mel and Carol's frequent posts on Facebook and the Twitter from Disneyland sealed the deal for me, I'm officially planning a Disneyland trip next year. I already had the bug, but their pics just put me over the edge. I won't however repeat Mel's mistake of riding the wheel of death. That thing scares me silly!

I'm really excited for our runDisney group. Makes training for my first ever 5k even more exciting, just knowing that a bunch of Intercot'ers will be there too!! Can wait to see what the shirts end up looking like. I do think the Yeti needs to be on it. Carol, you need to keep your weather issues at home! Can't believe that Ian is coming too! Too fun.

BriarRose0708
03-12-2013, 12:33 PM
You can find me on the Twitter at @dancernl :cool:

I'm trying to stay ambivalent about the Magic My Way Plus do dad until I can experience it myself. In someways it sounds good in theory but in practice and accounting for human behavior (or idiocy) it has the propensity to backfire badly. Incidentally, there was an episode of Phinaes and Ferb where Doofenshmirtz made a MAKE UP YOUR MINDINATOR! which would work well in these situations.

Best resort lobby for me would be the Grand Floridian. I love the tiles they put in a few years back, the birdcage, band, gardenview tea room, grand staircase and on any given day you're almost guaranteed to catch a glimpse of a bride.

Put me on the list for a runDisney shirt! I agree the Yeti should be on it somewhere :yeti:

JMTStone
03-12-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm tweeting "Get out of the Line" and tagging @INTERCOT from now on.

Quadstriker
03-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Is a fastpass a snack?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

dpamac
03-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Is a fastpass a snack?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You know, buying a stupid churro shouldn't require as much paperwork as it does on the meal plan. I've renewed my licence plates faster, with less hassle, fewer signatures and only one receipt.

It wouldn't surprise me if the guys who came up with this system are also the guys who came up with medical coding.

Melanie
03-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Best resort lobby, I have to agree with Gary. There is just something very special about the Wilderness Lodge lobby. It's so cozy and inviting. A close second would be Beach Club, just for the smell alone.

If I'd gone east coast, I'd probably have said Wilderness Lodge as well. Like we discussed on the podcast, besides the coziness, etc and the great decor, I love how the creek begins the pool in there and the totem pole is a family photo tradition. Lots of memories there!

About the wheel of death, (and I added another word on there that John had to edit, I think), if you have hesitation, DON'T GO! I have issues with heights and flying and all that, but for whatever reason I had convinced myself I could do this and was quite confident going on. What a mistake! I was almost immediately paralyzed with fear. I know I made the experience miserable for Beth (MNNHFLTX) and Donna. :blush:

Dopey's Girl
03-12-2013, 11:18 PM
If I'd gone east coast, I'd probably have said Wilderness Lodge as well. Like we discussed on the podcast, besides the coziness, etc and the great decor, I love how the creek begins the pool in there and the totem pole is a family photo tradition. Lots of memories there!

About the wheel of death, (and I added another word on there that John had to edit, I think), if you have hesitation, DON'T GO! I have issues with heights and flying and all that, but for whatever reason I had convinced myself I could do this and was quite confident going on. What a mistake! I was almost immediately paralyzed with fear. I know I made the experience miserable for Beth (MNNHFLTX) and Donna. :blush:

My aunt and mom thought I had lost it. All I could do was hang on and shake. Couldn't even speak I was so freaked out. NEVER AGAIN! I'm pretty sure after we got off I said a few words that would have been edited too.

Melanie
03-13-2013, 07:20 AM
My aunt and mom thought I had lost it. All I could do was hang on and shake. Couldn't even speak I was so freaked out. NEVER AGAIN! I'm pretty sure after we got off I said a few words that would have been edited too.

Sounds familiar. ;) So Meg, we'll just look at the Wheel of Death as a beautiful part of World of Color and move on. lol!

Dopey's Girl
03-13-2013, 08:08 AM
Sounds familiar. ;) So Meg, we'll just look at the Wheel of Death as a beautiful part of World of Color and move on. lol!

That sounds like a plan. So silly, a dang Ferris Wheel scares the tar out of me, but I can ride Everest, RnRC, ToT and all the other thrill rides all day long!

Melanie
03-13-2013, 08:09 AM
That sounds like a plan. So silly, a dang Ferris Wheel scares the tar out of me, but I can ride Everest, RnRC, ToT and all the other thrill rides all day long!

I can't do ToT anymore. It's the falling thing, as was the Wheel of Death! Duh, duh, duh....duuuuuh.

TinkerbellT421
03-13-2013, 08:21 AM
I have to go with John and say the Boardwalk. My absolute favorite. The smell, the colors, the setup, the design. Ahhh to be home :mickey:

GET OUT OF THE LINE!!!!!! Ugh!!!! Does anyone else get annoyed when they get stuck behind the lottery players in a quicky mart?
Lotto player: I will have 20 tickets, separate, 4 numbers, I will give you the numbers.
Cashier: ah, umm, okay **looks at me with sad eyes**
Lotto Player: First ticket...ummm 2, 7, 9, 1...wait no make that 9 7 3 1....
Me: GET OUT OF THE LINE!!!

I used to work in a liquor store, you would think that is pretty easy. I was a craft beer manager, I can't even express the amount of stupid I had to deal with. lol. Usually I go in a liquor store with a purpose, I know what I want, I am getting it, ringing out and leaving, not spending the next five hours asking every different employee 8 million stupid questions like "Is white wine, white?" "Nope, it's orange, you should try it"

I can see the lines now with Magic+ thingy. You guys are so right. I get increasingly violent when I am stuck behind the first time Dinning Plan goers who not only have NO idea what they want while staring at the menu, but don't have the slightest idea how to even use the dinning plan. I already used a snack credit today, so does that mean I can use another right now? really? Are you sure? Because I think I want "x" but is that even a snack? :mad::thedolls:

Dopey's Girl
03-13-2013, 10:28 AM
I can't do ToT anymore. It's the falling thing, as was the Wheel of Death! Duh, duh, duh....duuuuuh.

I love ToT! I think that is why my family was so taken aback when I lost my mind on the Wheel of Death!

dpamac
03-13-2013, 04:49 PM
I used to work in a liquor store, you would think that is pretty easy. I was a craft beer manager, I can't even express the amount of stupid I had to deal with.

You were a craft beer manager and never mentioned this? Have you heard anything I've ever said? I worship beer.

TinkerbellT421
03-13-2013, 07:17 PM
You were a craft beer manager and never mentioned this? Have you heard anything I've ever said? I worship beer.

Lol, I have mentioned this :) but it was on the eventually locked beer thread, might have had something to do with magic kingdom? Lol

Yes, loved it. I got a craft beer certificate. I went to school, to drink beer all night, it was awesome :) and I was in charge of ordering beers I wanted stocked, I held a beer tasting every Thursday to try to sell craft beers. Teach people to broaden their horizons. It truly is a job I miss and loved.

PirateLover
03-13-2013, 08:49 PM
My husband also had a horrible experience on the "Wheel of Death." ;) He is afraid of heights and never goes on ferris wheels, but he decided to buck up and give it a try. He chose the cabs that move because they didn't go quite as high. It was pretty scary! I have some video of him trying not to flip out. :D

Glad you guys liked the "3 Pigs" Starbucks! I think it's hard to convey to people who haven't been there just how nice and it is, and why they shouldn't worry about the Main Street Bakery.

PirateLover
03-13-2013, 09:00 PM
You definitely had me laughing at the end. I often quote rain related songs on Facebook when it's a rainy day. One time, Ian and I actually went back and forth on a status naming all the songs with rain in it. He is very good at this ;)

Quadstriker
03-14-2013, 04:33 AM
Yes, loved it. I got a craft beer certificate. I went to school, to drink beer all night, it was awesome :) and I was in charge of ordering beers I wanted stocked, I held a beer tasting every Thursday to try to sell craft beers. Teach people to broaden their horizons. It truly is a job I miss and loved.

We can hang out.

TinkerbellT421
03-14-2013, 08:07 AM
We can hang out.

:thumbsup: sounds good.

diz_girl
03-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks guys for another great Podcast. It's nice that Mel and Carol are back, but missed Michael and Christine. BTW - Will we ever hear from Jeff again?

My favorite lobby would also be WL. During my last stay there I enjoyed some hot chocolate while sitting next to the spring and looking at the Christmas tree. You can't beat that.

I love John Pinette too. Although my favorite bit of his is Herve Villechaize as Batman. But you guys were hysterical.

I'd also be interested in an Intercot Yeti running tee, as I just signed up for Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K during the Wine & Dine Half weekend.

Didn't anyone else notice Gary's "I love his cubes" comment about Barnabas T. Bullion?

dpamac
03-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Lol, I have mentioned this :) but it was on the eventually locked beer thread, might have had something to do with magic kingdom? Lol

You're a certified server then. Cool! My plan for when I quit working in publishing is to work as a Cicerone. I'm willing to do the work.

TinkerbellT421
03-14-2013, 07:55 PM
You're a certified server then. Cool! My plan for when I quit working in publishing is to work as a Cicerone. I'm willing to do the work.

Stop license certified too. Except it expired in January :( boo. Well I'm willing to do work too!! If it paid more money I would have kept that job in a heartbeat. Flying dog is my fav craft beer among many others.

tomatoe pie
03-29-2013, 01:28 PM
the smell in the wilderness lodge lobby is awful. they need to close off the restaurant and then the lobby would smell better. the wilderness lobby it's self is just beautiful and interesting.
the villas at the wilderness lodge has a lovely lobby and is probably the most relaxing.

the animal kingdom lobby is fantastic. very comfortable with all the different setting areas with disney tv.

the grand floridian is beautiful and elegant.

beach club and boardwalk are very lovely. the antique toys and furniture in the boardwalk lobby are priceless.

the only lux lobby in wdw that is not interesting is the contemp. just boring. we love blt but there again. decor is boring.

Buttercup
03-31-2013, 10:58 PM
CANADA REPRESENT! :number1: Jennsky and I are trying to put together a plan to get ourselves to the 5K in January. Seriously... we can't pass up the opportunity to see our ICOT peeps again!

And, speaking of Canada, y'all forgot Gordon Lightfoot's "Rainy Day People". :cool: