PDA

View Full Version : special occasion buttons

KiNg4aDaY
03-11-2013, 10:46 AM
I was just reading a guide on how to get free stuff at Disney World (having been there before, I was just curious as to what it said). Most of it was a little strange (like riding the monorail for a few hours because its free).

One thing that stood out to me was that they have special occasion buttons. I knew they had birthday buttons, but the book stated that the parks have buttons for first time visitors. Does anyone know if this is true? My 4 nephews and my SIL are visiting for the first time and I thought it would be neat to pick one up for each of them.

k10
03-11-2013, 10:54 AM
I can attest to seeing other guests around parks wearing 1st Time buttons. :thumbsup: I believe you can bring it up when checking in. Or at an guests services location.

faline
03-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Yes. They do have First Visit buttons. I believe the buttons are also available at the resorts. When we've had birthdays and/or anniversaries noted on our reservations, we've often been provided with the buttons at check-in.

caryrae
03-11-2013, 11:35 AM
If you look here http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/celebrations/customizations/?sortBy=ng:hasCelebrationTypeFacet&fv_186129=on you can see what it looks like. It is just a little down the page.

Dopey's Girl
03-11-2013, 11:55 AM
I have seen Birthday, Anniversary, Engagement and I'm Celebrating buttons. Guest relations at the parks or in one of the resorts should be able to get them what they need!

KiNg4aDaY
03-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Thanks a lot for all the replies! Do you guys think these are something that I could pick up and surprise my family with, or will they only give me one since I'm staying in a room by myself?

faline
03-11-2013, 02:39 PM
I think they would provide you with the pins upon request - espeically when you explain why you want them.

ANG
03-11-2013, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't see why they wouldn't give you a few buttons. We lost our family reunion buttons mid trip and they had no problem giving us new ones.

You could ask for them on the sly if your family is around.

JRocker
03-11-2013, 05:37 PM
You can pick them up at City Hall in the Magic Kingdom.

Main Street Jim
03-11-2013, 05:57 PM
You can pick them up at City Hall in the Magic Kingdom....or at any of the Guest Relations locations in the parks.

:thumbsup::mickey::thumbsup:

Capt_redshirt
03-11-2013, 08:57 PM
i recall one cast member handing out im celebrating to everyone that passed by his door at PO;FQ i think my dad got like 4 of them that day

azcavalier
03-12-2013, 09:07 AM
They will give you whatever you need, at least from my experience. When I checked in last Nov., we were going to be with a family that was coming for the first time. I just told the CM at the Check-In Desk that they would be there soon and checking in, but I wanted to surprise them. She asked how many I needed. I told her "seven", and she handed them over. Even one for the baby.

MrPeetrie
03-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Right now, Expedia is running a commercial with a little boy and his father, riding the Mad Tea Cups together. If you look closely, you can see the little boy is wearing a "My 1st Visit" button. It's a cute commercial.

PopPhan
03-12-2013, 03:04 PM
I don't know if they would do this, as I have not tried it, but if you have it noted on your reservation that there are first time visitors in your party, they might just have the buttons ready with your check-in package.

Just a thought......

Sylvia
03-12-2013, 04:34 PM
I picked up 4 of the First Time Visitor buttons at City Hall in the Magic Kingdom to include in a special gift bag for friends who were going to WDW later in the year. The kids wore their Disney shirts, ears and buttons on the plane, so by the time they arrived in Orlando they were ready for fun.

DisneyDawgette
03-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Right now, Expedia is running a commercial with a little boy and his father, riding the Mad Tea Cups together. If you look closely, you can see the little boy is wearing a "My 1st Visit" button. It's a cute commercial.

This commercial made me tear up! Not just because it's cute, but because I'd very much like to be there too! ;)

I see a lot of people heading out of Guest Relations with them every trip. Along with celebration, birthday, and honeymoon buttons. Good luck, and I hope you all have a magical trip! :mickey:

disney obsessed
03-12-2013, 09:17 PM
My favorite button was given to me very randomly. I was at the cashier at a shop in ak and the lady asked me if it wad my first time there. My answer was, "no, this is my 29th visit."

She gasped, reached in a drawer and wrote, '29th visit'.

It sparked a lot of conversations.

MrPeetrie
03-13-2013, 12:11 AM
On our 2011 trip, when we made our reservations we were asked if there was anything special we were celebrating. I told them, it's our DS's (then 19 months) first trip.

When we checked in, along with our ticket and information package Disney had a "My 1st Visit" Button for him to wear! We pinned it to his Mickey hat and he wore it every day! Precious!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-16-2013, 10:46 PM
There is no reason why they wouldn't give you the buttons as they don't guarantee you anything except congrats etc. And if you ask for a birthday button they don't verify that it's actually your birthday that day. We've taken a trip in December to celebrate a special birthday but my birthday was actually in Oct. I wanted to go in Dec though so that we could see all the holiday decorations so that was my birthday trip. I got a button with no problems.

KiNg4aDaY
03-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Im sure that they will give me the buttons too. I can't really ask for them in advance because my reservations are seperate from my brother's so I'm technically not in the same party. I will certainly ask for them though.

My nephew's birthday is a week after we are at WDW so we are going to get him a birthday button while we are down there.

Brer Fox
04-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Everyone was wearing buttons last week.:mickey:

wdwnutz
06-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Last month was my DS 7th birthday on the day we arrived at Pop Century. When I made the reservation they noted that we were celebrating his birthday. They had a pin ready for him upon checking in with his name on it. After we arrived in the room the phone rang and it was Minnie Mouse singing Happy Birthday to him. Also there was a picture of Mickey Mouse on the table wishing him a Happy Birthday! We also had an 845pm reservation for dinner at Ohana which we also noted his birthday. We requested a table near a window so we could view the lighted boats go past and see Wishes over the castle. At the end of Wishes they brought out a birthday cupcake for him, sang Happy Birthday and told him to make a "Wish"....he had an amazing birthday thanks to Disney! The next day we left on the Dream...at Animator's Palette DS told Crush it was his birthday, so Crush had the other diners join in to sing him Happy Birthday again! DS wore his button for our whole trip and a lot the cast members and guests wished him a Happy Birthday when they saw him...he told everyone that the trip was his Bday present!:party: