PDA

View Full Version : All Star Movies

Sunshine1010
03-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Hi everyone,

Slowly planning another trip to WDW in November of 2013. Decided to try ALL STAR MOVIES this time.

Can anyone give me an opinion of this place? When was the last renovation?

I've heard that out of all the sections...only 2 are 'standard'. The rest are 'Preferred'.

P.S. Is there free wifi in the value resorts?

Strmchsr
03-10-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm not sure about the standard/preferred.

I can say I enjoyed Movies quite a lot. Out of all of the values (except maybe AoA) it feels the most explicitly Disney with theming from favorite movies everywhere. Most of the time Movies has its own buses, mostly due to it being the most popular of the All-Stars and, thus, tends to be more crowded.

Last renovation was 4-5 years ago. I can't remember exactly which year.

Yes, wi-fi and mini-fridges are at all value resorts.

brownie
03-10-2013, 07:49 PM
We haven't stayed there in quite a while but have enjoyed our stays there. You'll have free wi-fi. The food court is bigger at Movies than at Music or Sports. We like the theming, especially the Toy Story section.

SandmanGStefani24
03-10-2013, 09:10 PM
enjoyed my stay quite a bit, actually. My only gripes are the same for any of the All Stars, which are thin walls, rooms that are mostly clean but show missed corners due to time constraints, and lack of variety in the food halls.

That being said, my room was still pretty nice, gave me everything I needed, and the service was excellent. I always rent cars so I never used the buses, so no info there. I would gladly stay there again no problem.

One other thing, I got a preferred room in 2005 but have never done it again. It saves a little cash, but the rooms also tend to be quieter and since I rent cars as mentioned, I can drive closer to my room, or drive to the food halls golf cart style. Hope this helps!

BigB
03-10-2013, 11:11 PM
We have stayed at the Movies for our most recent trips. And we love the value of them. We use them to sleep, shower, and change and find them adequate. If you plan on using the Disney bus system you should opt for the preferred room. The first year we tried the non-preferred and had a fair wailk. Nothing too bad but if you wanted to go get something from the store or cafeteria it was a bit of a hassel. Our favorite room by far is the Buzz Lightyear building. The rooms were close enough to the pool for a quick dip but far enough that we didn't hear everyone partying at the pool.

A nice added bonus for staying at the ASM is you essentially have two busses to choose from. One night after HS closed our bus line was huge, so we decided to hop on the Music bus. We "raced" a couple back to the hotel. Upon arriving at Music we took the short walk to Movies and beat the other couple. In fact we already grabbed some munchies and were on our second round at the pools side bar by the time the others arrived.

debbymc4
03-12-2013, 07:50 PM
We stayed a year and a half or so ago. Loved it. We could even see fireworks from the window of our room. My son was deeply into Toy Story at the time, so the giant Buzz and Woody statues were the best.

debbymc4
03-12-2013, 07:50 PM
I lied. It was Pop Century where we saw the fireworks.

NewmanFamily6
03-18-2013, 07:53 PM
We have stayed here twice. Once in Mighty Ducks and once in Fantasia. If you have small children then it is worth preferred in Fantasia. Thier little legs tire out quickly and when you have to carry them Fantasia is much closer:thumbsup:

PirateLover
03-21-2013, 05:56 PM
We stayed there in 2009. We were in Fantasia, although I really don't remember if we had actually requested preferred. Either way, we really enjoyed our time there! We found it less busy than Pop Century, very clean, and we liked the pool. It was a fairly busy time so for the most part we got designated buses and didn't have to share with the other All Stars.

yjgirl32
03-22-2013, 09:32 AM
We just stayed there over the Thanksgiving holiday and found them to be very nice. We did not get a preferred room. We were in Mighty Duck section which my son loved because he likes hockey so much. The walk was not bad. The bus system wasn't bad. Like the other post mentioned we had our choice between movies and music for bus transportation.

Metalfan
03-22-2013, 11:59 AM
I love the All Stars and think they offer a tremendous value for a Disney hotel. The Movies is the 3rd of the All Star Resorts meaning that it's the last stop for the buses (I believe). You'll have thin walls and always the chance that some groups of screaming kids will be there but besides that I think they are great. The beds are comfortable and the rooms I've always found to be bigger than most people give them credit for. The food court is pretty solid. If you want to be guaranteed to be closer to the pools or Cinema hall you'll want to get a preferred room. It's a bit more expensive. However, I've stayed at the All Stars and got these rooms without paying the preferred rate. Ultimately it's up to the hotel and the person checking you in and where you end up. Not sure when it was last renovated, but it's a nice hotel for sure. And yes about a year ago Disney implemented free wifi in all Disney hotel rooms and you'll have a mini fridge as well!

wdwcarrie
03-23-2013, 11:08 AM
We've stayed at Movies several times and really enjoyed it. My son, who was almost three at our last visit, really liked walking around and seeing the statues, especially Toy Story and Dalmatians!

Tekneek
03-23-2013, 11:25 AM
We really like that one. We've stayed there 4 times over the years. It is good for the little ones.

roses
03-23-2013, 11:50 AM
I loved the Movies when I stayed there - it was amazing. I loved the theming, the staff was great, the walk from the buildings wasn't far, and the buses were continuous! Enjoy!

chrim
03-26-2013, 03:45 AM
The non preferred buildings are Mighty Ducks and Herbie (The Love Bug).

I last stayed at All Star Movies in Oct. of 2010. The rooms were renovated at some point after that stay, so maybe 2 years ago or possibly less.