PDA

View Full Version : DVC Price Increases

VWL Mom
03-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Tim Krasniewski from DVCNews is confirming the rumors and all I can say is wow :jaw:.

Disney Vacation Club has scheduled near across-the-board price increases for mid-March for purchases made directly from Disney. Ten of the eleven Disney Vacation Club properties will see their prices go up effective March 20, 2013. New DEVELOPER rates are as follows:

Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel: $165 per point
Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas: $145pp
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas: $145pp
Disney’s Beach Club Villas: $130pp
Disney’s BoardWalk Villas: $130pp
Disney’s Old Key West Resort: $130pp
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa: $130pp
Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: $130pp
Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort: $115pp
Disney’s Vero Beach Resort: $115pp

“The only resort exempt from the increase is Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, which will remain at its current price of $165 per point.

The above figures are reported base prices. Discounts are typically offered for newer properties; some reduction to the base price is currently offered for points at Bay Lake Tower, Animal Kingdom Villas and Aulani.

Rates are subject to change. Additional fees and closing costs may apply. Contact a Disney Vacation Club sales representative for details.

Current members can purchase any additional points at the above properties in a quantity of 25 or more. For many resorts, completion of the purchase is subject to the availability of the points. At properties which are “sold out”, Disney Vacation Club must reacquire sufficient points–in the buyer’s Use Year–before the sale can be executed.

In the event that points are not immediately available for sale, Disney Vacation Club will place the individual on a purchase waiting list. Credit card information is held and a 10% deposit immediately charged when the points come available. Buyers who initiate a purchase or are added to the waiting list before March 20 should be locked-in at current–pre-increase–prices (recommend confirming with DVC sales representative.”

Christine
03-09-2013, 08:35 AM
Oh wow! I guess if I'm going to add on vero I better get to it! Thank you so much for the alert!! Wonder when "mid March" is exactly? I best just get to the preview center. My guide is never available- he works DCL.

Butters
03-09-2013, 09:16 AM
I wonder what this will do to the resale market? My guess is that's going to increase now too.

VWL Mom
03-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Wonder when "mid March" is exactly? I best just get to the preview center. My guide is never available- he works DCL.

The scheduled date is March 20th.

I wonder what this will do to the resale market? My guess is that's going to increase now too.

From what I can tell by reading the resale boards, prices do seem to be going up since I added on last year. More noticeable is that Disney seems to be exercising ROFR on more resorts.

I think it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Hammer
03-09-2013, 12:40 PM
From what I can tell by reading the resale boards, prices do seem to be going up since I added on last year. More noticeable is that Disney seems to be exercising ROFR on more resorts.

I think it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Makes me glad we bought our resale when we did, because I doubt I'll get $58 a point again for DVC resorts on WDW property. I noticed the prices were going up as well, but still the prices are much better than what DVC charges.

I think that when GF villas go on sale, I could see them making new booking restrictions for resale purchases. It won't be retroactive for resales purchases prior to the change, but I think resale purchases from a predetermined date will have some new restriction, like a smaller booking window or not being able to book certain resorts.

DVC2004
03-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Bought 9 years ago and glad every day- especially after seeing this. I can't understand those that say "I'm waiting to buy for this resort or that resort." Why risk being priced out of ownership. :confused:

Maleficent's Dad
03-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Makes me glad we bought our resale when we did, because I doubt I'll get $58 a point again for DVC resorts on WDW property.

I think that when GF villas go on sale, I could see them making new booking restrictions for resale purchases. It won't be retroactive for resales purchases prior to the change, but I think resale purchases from a predetermined date will have some new restriction, like a smaller booking window or not being able to book certain resorts.
Agreed. DVD must be going nuts with resale prices!!! And I do think resale restrictions will be put in place and enforced. Anyone else believe that the GF pools will now be "off limits" for pool hopping?

Even if you don't pool hop, I think more and more, as DVC expands and numbers grow, we will see more and more restrictions effecting all members/owners.

VWL Mom
03-09-2013, 08:48 PM

I agree, I was actually expecting to hear something at the December meeting.

Anyone else believe that the GF pools will now be "off limits" for pool hopping?

Even if you don't pool hop, I think more and more, as DVC expands and numbers grow, we will see more and more restrictions effecting all members/owners.

I think you're right. I'm glad we went with the buy where you want to stay mindset. I love VWL and if push comes to shove would always be happy there.

Christine
03-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Well we did it! Added on Vero Beach today!! Woohoo!
The price is just too good to pass up, but mainly we need that 11 month window! We go several times a year and I want ocean view! Sometimes we only get partial days (and I dislike moving rooms) or garden view. This wil increase my chances significantly!

So we are pretty happy. And as always, love the ice cream at the end! :mickey::secret:

TinkerbellT421
03-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Holy shamoley batman! D those seem like major price increases, or am I just out of the times seeing I haven't looked into these prices for a few years?