PDA

View Full Version : Gluten Free at Disney World?

Alpha Jeanie
03-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Does anyone have any experience eating gluten free at Disney World. We will be there next spring, and need ideas of where is safe to eat. I have some info from the special diets office at Disney, but would love to hear from other families that have actually experienced it.
This will be our first trip to the World having to deal with these diet restrictions.

Thanks for any info.

Scar
03-09-2013, 01:07 PM
I don't personally, but if you click this link (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/search.php?searchid=4214285) , you will see a bunch of threads with this topic. :mickey:

Zawadi
03-09-2013, 04:56 PM
I don't personally, but if you click this link (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/search.php?searchid=4214285) , you will see a bunch of threads with this topic. :mickey:

The link produces an empty search result.

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Scar
03-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Hmmm... It worked when I posted it, seriously. Oh well, do a search and it will come up again.

Just type gluten in the search.

ANG
03-11-2013, 02:49 PM
My stepdad is celiac and we vacationed with him last fall. DW is awesome for gluten free! We just told them on our reservation. Most places the chef came out to see us to explain the menu. They will tell you what is safe to eat and if there is something you really want that isn't, they can make a fair equivalent.

QS are a bit more difficult but not impossible. Look up ahead of time which counter service places have gluten free. So that way you aren't wandering around the parks hungry and wasting time.

irish1967
03-11-2013, 06:56 PM
My cousin-in-law is Gluten Free and visits WDW often. She loves the Kona Café in the Polynesian. In fact, she and her husband spent one night at Disney for their Honeymoon and that is where they had dinner.

We had dinner with her there recently and I believe that almost all of the entrees could be made gluten free. She did have to specifically request a separate dish of butter (due to cross-contamination concerns.) She said that during previous visits, they automatically brought her a separate dish - inexperienced server, perhaps?

Also, there is a bakery in Downtown Disney called BabyCakes that has (I believe) a complete menu of gluten free items. I had a fabulous chocolate cupcake there (after dinner at the Poly.)

Scrappy2
03-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Disney is very gluten free friendly. We were there thanksgiving week and did not have any problems. At QS they just tell them when you start to order and they will send a manager to come out and talk to you and tell you your options. Then the manager goes and prepares the food for you. We were able to get gluten free chicken fingers and pizza, hamburgers, etc. They were very accommodating. At the nicer restaurant just tell your waiter and the chef will come talk to you. At O'hana the chef brought the food to the table and told us to eat only what he brings. We did note on all dining reservations that we had a gluten intolerance.

ledudes
03-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Tell them ahead of time when you make your dining reservations. They are very accomadating. The chef would come out and talk to my daughter about what she might like. At Kouzzina's, they made her hot rolls, yummy pasta, and a fabulous chocolate raspberry dessert! They also carry babycakes I believe and a few other brands of dessert itmes that you can get at teh counter service meals and they had them in our hotel snack area. Places with burgers and stuff also carry gluten free rolls etc.