PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here from Indy????

Scott C
03-08-2013, 04:38 PM
DS23 just took a position with Lilly and we are looking for some advise....

Thanks
Scott C

Katzateer
03-08-2013, 07:03 PM
From Evansville but lived in Indy for a few years. My BIL lives north of city. He used to commute to an office near the airport but works closer to Lafeyette now.

What kind of info you want?? We lived within a few miles of downtown near the airport but I would look out of the city if he does not mind a drive. Beautiful country! If he can afford North and want a good area, check the school ratings. Lots of beautiful homes in Carmel area not sure about apartments. I think the area around St.Vincent hospital has a lot of apartments and good places to eat.

If your son is looking for an apartment, check the Northern loop - or heading towards Ohio. Some of my husbands co-workers lived in apartments outside the city going towards Columbus. Not a bad area and just right outside the loop around the city. I would avoid South and West side near airport if he can. Apartments aren't as nice.

Belle of the Ball 051411
03-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Fishers is also a nice area.

Katzateer
03-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Fishers is also a nice area.
:thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
03-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Carmel is a great town

Scott C
03-08-2013, 09:09 PM
He is talking about living near downtown. He apparently will be an engineer at their main facility. It seems that he could possibly be called in at strange hours so he does not want much of a commute. He does have some friends in the Fishers area, but I don't think that will be a factor. Anything decent just south of downtown?