PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Flower Garden *cough-Food and Wine-cough* Festival with Photos

Christine
03-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Good evening! Today kicked off the start of the 20th Flower Garden Festival at Epcot. I thought I'd share a few shots that I was able to get in a VERY quick trip around the world!

The front arrangement is cute. My first thougth when I saw Goofy holding the cake was "wow, how cute would it have been if they'd dressed Spaceship Earth up like a cake?" :D

Melanie
03-06-2013, 09:43 PM
So they resurrected the Lion King characters up front this year. Interesting. Weren't they missing last year?

I wish they'd bring back they Tangled tower. Oh, you say that's now in the MK? Darn. ;)

Christine
03-06-2013, 09:45 PM
The topiaries looked nice, a few new ones, some familiar. I thougth the Peter Pan set was well done---Peter is on top of a building and Capt. Hook is looking at him. Pretty creative.

When they first announced adding food and wine stands to the F&GF, I know I scoffed about it on the podcast and on here. But truly, it's not overbearing.

There are not that many kiosks, and the foods are trying to go with a garden home grown theme. I'll be honest: the flowers and topiaries are nice of course. But the variety of lawn mowers on display- the lessons on pruning and composting -are what they are. ;) I've decided I'm not going to complain about the idea to work in nice treats in the middle of it all. I am pleased to say that the food and wine booths do not overshadow the flower and garden fest, but rather provide a nice distraction.

As for the spiced rum Dole whip...I know a lot of folks on the twitters are disappointed that it's "just a dole whip with a little shot of rum at the bottom. "
I disagree. It's lovely. I mean, after all, it is just intended to be a yummy foofoo dessert drink, not something to sit and play quarters with! :) :papple:

Christine
03-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Just a few more...

Melanie
03-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Where exactly are Mater and Lightning now?

If you were reading Twitter today, you'd think it were September, not March. :unsure: I've been vocal about not liking the food and wine booths being added, but it is what it is.The new kiosks bring more money. Stationary topiaries do not. Bon Appetit and Happy Gardening!

Christine
03-06-2013, 10:27 PM

If you were reading Twitter today, you'd think it were September, not March. :unsure: I've been vocal about not liking the food and wine booths being added, but it is what it is.The new kiosks bring more money. Stationary topiaries do not. Bon Appetit and Happy Gardening!

Mater and LIghtning/ Radiator Springs are over behind Mouse Gears. Where the Fairies used to be.

I totally voiced the same feelings, up until the second I got there. But it truly isn't overpowering and doesn't feel like the F&WF in my opinion, for whatever that's worth. :blush:

Melanie
03-06-2013, 10:29 PM

Never mind! I just remembered you tweeted they are now where the Fairies had been in previous years, over by MouseGear.

Melanie
03-06-2013, 10:30 PM
I totally voiced the same feelings, up until the second I got there. But it truly isn't overpowering and doesn't feel like the F&WF in my opinion, for whatever that's worth. :blush:

Good to hear!

PirateLover
03-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Peter Pan is so cute! Love it. Thanks for the info and the great pics :thumbsup:

MrPeetrie
03-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Thank you for posting these beautiful pictures. It only makes me miss Epcot more, though!
:(

Katzateer
03-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Enjoyed the pictures - thanks for posting them! Really looking forward to trying the new food booths! I had planned all our stops in October and did not get to ANY of them during our trip in October during the Food and Wine Festival. Glad to see all the choices I will have in April!

disney obsessed
03-07-2013, 08:36 AM
I wanna live five minutes from disney world! How fun that you can just pop over and send us shots. Thanks!

MinnieMal
03-07-2013, 08:43 AM
Christine, thank you SO much for posting these! With the snow falling (a-gain) outside my windows this morning, I can't tell you what a treat it was to see your photos and to see all the beautiful COLOR! Visit is now five weeks away and will be enjoyed so very much.

hoop de do
03-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Top-Notch pics again.
I look forward to them.
Thanks so much again and keep em' comin'.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Christine
03-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Thank you for posting these beautiful pictures. It only makes me miss Epcot more, though!
:(

I'm sorry- I promise I'm only trying to share the magic, not punish or torture ;)

I wanna live five minutes from disney world! How fun that you can just pop over and send us shots. Thanks!

Come on! It just takes a big leap and leaving everything you know behind. Just jump! :)

Glad you are enjoying the pics- ill get more daylight ones and from the expo very soon.

MizMissy
03-07-2013, 10:10 AM
I LOVE your pictures!! Thank you so very much for sharing.
I am so missing the World and not sure if I will ever make it back, but it's nice to live vicariously through your photos.

SBETigg
03-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the report! I was also a little nervous about the F & W booths during this time. I love WS during F & W Fest, but I love it more without the crowds that F & W brings, plus I can pay more attention to all of the wonderful things the countries of WS already have to offer. So, mixed feelings. Then I saw the number of booths and offerings at another site, and I really feared it was going to be overkill. Good to know it's not too bad, and there are some good things to try, but that the focus remains on the flower and garden presentations.

Also, Spaceship Earth cake? Don't give them ideas.

And the Peter Pan display is super cute.

cer
03-07-2013, 10:48 AM
My first thougth when I saw Goofy holding the cake was "wow, how cute would it have been if they'd dressed Spaceship Earth up like a cake?" :D

I agree with Sherri-

Do not even joke about this....

Thank you so much for the pictures! :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
03-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Thanks for the great pics Christine!
I can't wait to see them and in less than 2 weeks I will! :D

VWL Mom
03-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Once again, thanks for the photos! I'm glad to see the topiaries and plantings survived the cold the other morning. I know they were working really hard the other morning when it dipped below 32. The horticulture department deserves some well earned kudos.

TheVBs
03-08-2013, 07:13 AM
I love the photos! Thank you so much! :mickey: With snow still on the ground here, it's a nice little escape in my head to see the F&GF pics. Really glad to hear you enjoyed the food kiosks as well. I, for one, will never complain about extra food and wine offerings. :cool: Wish we could be there, but we're hoping to make it next year.

beksy
03-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the pictures! Now I really feel like I need to do a Spring visit one year.

DisneyDawgette
03-10-2013, 11:46 PM
So sad that my trip for this week got cancelled! But your pictures help remedy that! Looks wonderful! Next year, I'll get that trip! :mickey:

DisneyDINK
03-11-2013, 10:13 AM
As for the spiced rum Dole whip...I know a lot of folks on the twitters are disappointed that it's "just a dole whip with a little shot of rum at the bottom. "
I disagree. It's lovely. I mean, after all, it is just intended to be a yummy foofoo dessert drink, not something to sit and play quarters with! :) :papple:

I'm intrigued; is it a shake that's mixed together for you like a frozen margarita or is it separate and you have to mix it together yourself?