PDA

View Full Version : Ack! Help on character breakfast!!

Chrissykees
03-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Oh, friends, I am in a quandary! :confused: I had us planned to go to Chef Mickey's for our character breakfast. Last time we went it was so much fun! Then we took the monorail to MK. Perfect!

This time it's not working out the same, but I still want to go! :mickey: I have us scheduled to go to CM, then to AK. But, it seems like AK day would be a better day for an evening meal since they close early. Any character dinner meals at resorts?

Then I was thinking maybe we could do Donald's Safari breakfast that morning? Looks like similar characters? I have completely confused myself!!

Help!!!

Chrissykees
03-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Wait a second.......does CM do dinner character meals??

If so, How does it compare to breakfast? Any thoughts?

Itchy
03-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Yes they do serve dinner. I have not been to breakfast there but the characters for dinner should be the same.

Good luck getting Reservations..

Hope this helps..:mickey:

AgentC
03-06-2013, 08:45 PM
I think Donald's Safari Breakfast is one of the better character breakfasts. It has all the breakfast basics plus an assortment of more exotic choices.

Characters are generally the same as CM with 2 exceptions. Donald does not come to tables. There is a photo with Donald before you enter the dining room. You may also use your own camera to take a photo with Donald. Their picture with Donald is optional. Sometimes Minnie is here. Sometimes she is not.

Donald, Mickey and Daisy should always be there.

I am not a huge dinner buffet person but the dinner buffet at Chef Mickey's is fine. The same characters appear at dinner as breakfast.

Jen1984
03-07-2013, 06:19 AM
I'd go for Donald's Safari Breakfast, we much prefer the food, and the location works for you!

jamiem
03-07-2013, 07:03 AM
I think Donald's Safari Breakfast is one of the better character breakfasts. It has all the breakfast basics plus an assortment of more exotic choices.

Characters are generally the same as CM with 2 exceptions. Donald does not come to tables. There is a photo with Donald before you enter the dining room. You may also use your own camera to take a photo with Donald. Their picture with Donald is optional. Sometimes Minnie is here. Sometimes she is not.

Donald, Mickey and Daisy should always be there.

I am not a huge dinner buffet person but the dinner buffet at Chef Mickey's is fine. The same characters appear at dinner as breakfast.

Ditto on Donald's Safari Breakfast at AK.

MargaretMessler
03-07-2013, 08:23 AM
I actually preferred the character breakfast at AK to the CM one. Added bonus is if you get in for the earliest available seating, you can get "in" the park sooner than everyone else and thus a headstart headed to attractions afterwards. But the food was also better, IMO.

Madame Leona
03-07-2013, 01:45 PM
My kids can't go to Disney without going to Chef Mickey's for breakfast and Tusker House for breakfast. I think they are both quite good and pretty even as far as food quality and character interaction.

Cass&KenziesMom
03-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Haven't been to CM for breakfast bit out tje the breakfasts we did do Tusker House was definitely the best. They had a lot of variety.

Dulcee
03-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Tusker House character breakfast in the AK is a must do for us on trips. The food has all the standard breakfast fare plus some more "exotic" choices. Plus we love getting into AK before the crowds.

Kenny1113
03-07-2013, 04:39 PM
I think Donald's Safari Breakfast is one of the better character breakfasts. It has all the breakfast basics plus an assortment of more exotic choices

:ditto:

mousetrapper
03-07-2013, 11:15 PM
My DDs will be 22 and 19 our next trip in May and still insist that CM be our first dinner of our trip! We do love it - it's very Disney, all the must-see characters are there, the food is satisfying and the desserts are yummy...the perfect way to kick off our WDW trip. And you can't beat the ambience of the CR - love the Mary Blair artwork - or the Monorail entrance!

Lisa and Alan
03-09-2013, 08:13 AM
If you must do a character meal for dinner Park Fare at GF. If characters are not a must how about Boma at AKL. Yum. Or O'hana's at the Poly. Got hungry just writing this.

disneydeb
03-09-2013, 10:58 AM
With a 5 year old and a 3 year old grandchildren, we all prefer Donald's Breakfast Safari at the AK over Chef Mickeys! All the characters of CM plus Daisy!

DisneyDawgette
03-11-2013, 12:16 AM
From our experience, Tusker House trumps Chef Mickey's! Easily! :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
03-12-2013, 12:44 PM
From our experience, Tusker House trumps Chef Mickey's! Easily! :thumbsup:

:ditto:

cuteduck223
03-12-2013, 12:59 PM
we also ALWAYS choose Tusker over Chef Mickeys. Better variety (and quality) of food, and that delicious juice!:thumbsup: