PDA

View Full Version : La Cellier in May - First Time Advice?

Boost
03-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Our family of five will be having dinner in the afternoon over Memorial Day weekend at La Cellier. We have three kids: 10, 8 and 4. All are used to dining at WDW and elsewhere. This will be our first time dining at La Cellier and although we live just an hour from WDW, it has literally taken us years to be able to get a reservation here. We are obviously very excited about this and just wanted to know if anyone had any first time dining advice for our night at La Cellier. Thank you in advance!

Strmchsr
03-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Just to be sure you are aware - Le Cellier is now a "signature" dining experience, which means much more expensive OOP or 2 credits on the DDP. That goes for lunch and dinner.

I used to really enjoy Le Cellier. We won't ever go back now that it's a signature restaurant (not worth it IMO). A lot of folks feel that way, which is why Le Cellier is now pretty easy to get an ADR for. So, make sure you check the menu before you go so that you're aware of options and pricing. Since the food tends to be a little "fancier" that will also help the kids know what to expect and what their choices are.

tinksmom02
03-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Just a few minutes ago I was so excited because I was able to score ADRs for LeCellier on Mother's Day, but I just looked over the menu (read: prices) and now I'm rethinking that decision. I remember it being good the few times we were there in the past, but I don't remember it being THAT good.

Strmchsr
03-07-2013, 10:00 AM
I remember it being good the few times we were there in the past, but I don't remember it being THAT good.

In all fairness, they didn't just up the prices and keep the same stuff. The meat is a higher quality cut and the other stuff is supposed to be higher quality as well, but I've yet to go to a signature restaurant that I really felt was worth the money outside of the GF Chef's Table. I agree with you, though. Le Cellier is not something I'm interested in any longer.

tinksmom02
03-07-2013, 10:58 AM
In all fairness, they didn't just up the prices and keep the same stuff. The meat is a higher quality cut and the other stuff is supposed to be higher quality as well, but I've yet to go to a signature restaurant that I really felt was worth the money outside of the GF Chef's Table. I agree with you, though. Le Cellier is not something I'm interested in any longer.

Still, it's quite a price increase if what I'm really interested in is the soup & breadsticks! :secret: :blush:

mdricks
03-07-2013, 12:58 PM
We (a party of four grown men) skipped LeCelier for just that reason and hit Shula's instead.
Having eaten at both I would suggest Shula's for the price.

:number1:

GoldenDreams
03-08-2013, 12:15 AM
We still love LeCellier and enjoyed a recent meal there. It was a bit chilly in the restaurant, so my advice would be to bring a sweater or sweatshirt. I hope you enjoy it!

VWL Mom
03-08-2013, 05:50 AM
We seem to be in the minority here that actually likes it better since the change to 2TS. We do not use the DDP though, we pay OOP. We tend to get a few appetizers to share and have been quite happy with them. We've tried the filet, lamb, and pork and enjoyed them all. We'll be returning again in June with DS21 joining us.

Boost
03-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Thanks for all the advice, everyone! We will give it a shot and let you know. We anticipate a great experience! Thanks...