PDA

View Full Version : Ever had a cast member look at you funny?

The Horned King
03-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Just wondering if it's just me. After years of disney conditioning you find yourself reciting the spiel with the cast member on attractions such as the great movie ride or jungle cruise....

Or when you can countdown on the tower of terror till the library doors open from the lobby...

Honest mr, disney doesn't take over my life! Honest! :secret:

Dopey's Girl
03-06-2013, 04:31 PM
I had a HM CM ask once if he should turn off the audio in the stretching room. There were just a few of us in there, and we were all reciting it. It was pretty funny!

The Horned King
03-06-2013, 04:36 PM
I think one of my favourite memories was on the trams in the magic kingdom parking lot. Was speaking to the cast member at the back. And when we stopped he handed me the mic for a few seconds.

Remember, lower your head and watch your step. Or if you choose not to do that lower your voice and watch your language! Five people to a row only, please make sure that children are seated to the inside, and if you have a stroller please make sure it is folded and placed on the floor in front of you!

FLKatie912
03-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Just wondering if it's just me. After years of disney conditioning you find yourself reciting the spiel with the cast member on attractions such as the great movie ride or jungle cruise....

Or when you can countdown on the tower of terror till the library doors open from the lobby...

Honest mr, disney doesn't take over my life! Honest! :secret:

They probably look at you crazy because they HAVE To listen to it every day and go home trying to erase it from their minds. :mickey:

KiNg4aDaY
03-06-2013, 07:27 PM
I definitley have! I've ridden tower of terror so many times that I know the opening spiel in the library room. There is the one scene where the tower is struck by lighting and everyone in the elevator starts shaking as they are standing in place...yeah...I do it too while they are doing it...just something silly.

Guests look at me funny when I say the monorail spiel along with the recording.

I also get funny looks when I stop to pick up trash on the ground and carry it over to a trash can. Hey..I used to work there, its automatic!

SBETigg
03-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Yes, but mine wasn't for narrating an attraction. I went to the front desk at the Polynesian to ask if the Electric Water Pageant was going on at the planned time or delayed because the fireworks were going on then. The CM had no idea what I was talking about, got a second CM who also had no idea, and finally a third who knew what I meant but still couldn't answer my question. A family heard me asking and ended up asking me what I was talking about, so I explained what the Electric Water Pageant was and recommended they come out and watch.

I don't repeat spiels because it really annoys me when people do that-- sorry friends. :blush: Though of course I would think it was awesome if I was with one of you and you did it.

Dopey's Girl
03-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Yes, but mine wasn't for narrating an attraction. I went to the front desk at the Polynesian to ask if the Electric Water Pageant was going on at the planned time or delayed because the fireworks were going on then. The CM had no idea what I was talking about, got a second CM who also had no idea, and finally a third who knew what I meant but still couldn't answer my question. A family heard me asking and ended up asking me what I was talking about, so I explained what the Electric Water Pageant was and recommended they come out and watch.

I don't repeat spiels because it really annoys me when people do that-- sorry friends. :blush: Though of course I would think it was awesome if I was with one of you and you did it.

That's really funny Sherri! I have helped people find items in stores that CMs claim not to have. You get some strange looks doing that too!

And I only do spiels if I'm alone in an attraction, because it annoys me too. I did it in HM because I believe there were 3 of us, plus the CM and the other group knew it too!

SBETigg
03-06-2013, 07:55 PM
And I only do spiels if I'm alone in an attraction, because it annoys me too. I did it in HM because I believe there were 3 of us, plus the CM and the other group knew it too!

If the whole group is doing it, of course it's all in fun and not at all annoying.