PDA

View Full Version : Epcot World Showcase...Best drinks?

k10
03-06-2013, 11:35 AM
As 21+ :mickey: fanatics, we're traveling with friends in September with our eyes set on Epcot (and JUST missing the food and wine fest. d'oh!). I had recently discovered that Germany, for example, offers wine flights in their pavilion. Now I'm going to take the time to research the other pavilions with similar offerings, but thought a thread might help me gather some info, too.

:marg::beer::wine::hatter:

Melanie
03-06-2013, 11:51 AM
My favorites are the Avocado margarita at La Cava in Mexico :marg: and a Golden from the pub in the United Kingdom. :beer:

Have fun! I love :marg::beer::wine: my way around Epcot!

MizMissy
03-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Grand Marnier slushie outside of France.

Woodchuck Cider in UK

SBETigg
03-06-2013, 12:03 PM
France and Italy also offer wine tastings. Japan offers a saki tasting, plus frozen kirin. The Grey Goose or Grand Marnier slushes in France are also can't miss, if you like that sort of thing. I always get a frozen fiesta margarita in Mexico, but also tequila tasting at Cava del Tequila (and there are some unique margaritas, too). A black and tan from Rose & Crown. So many good things! Make sure you also drink some water, stay hydrated, and share some snacks along the way with your drinks. Nothing worse than feeling overindulged at WDW.

SandmanGStefani24
03-06-2013, 12:08 PM
France and Italy also offer wine tastings. Japan offers a saki tasting, plus frozen kirin. The Grey Goose or Grand Marnier slushes in France are also can't miss, if you like that sort of thing. I always get a frozen fiesta margarita in Mexico, but also tequila tasting at Cava del Tequila (and there are some unique margaritas, too). A black and tan from Rose & Crown. So many good things! Make sure you also drink some water, stay hydrated, and share some snacks along the way with your drinks. Nothing worse than feeling overindulged at WDW.

agree with all of these, with a note about the sake in Japan. As much as I love almost all things Japanese, I actually hate the taste of sake. There is however, one type they sell there that tastes like a cross between rose petals and champagne that was really quite nice. Worth a look...

Melanie
03-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Japan offers a saki tasting, plus frozen kirin.

OMG, Sherri, how could I forget my new favorite - ice cream beer! It's so good.

k10
03-06-2013, 12:30 PM
OMG, Sherri, how could I forget my new favorite - ice cream beer! It's so good.

Oh man, I'm kicking myself now! In January I turned my nose up at the frozen Kirin. It is a must in September.

***Plenty of water and snacks to be consumed all during this joyous consumption, yes. Would never want to be "that guest" at WDW. :thumbsup:

mdricks
03-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Like a moth to a flame mdricks is drawn to posts regarding drinking at Epcot......

I go every year for a 21+ bacchanalia.

We are more the get up early head straight to WS find a bar stool and plop!

The new wine bar in Italy is great. Comfortable chairs great wines and good small-plates.

Make sure you set aside an hour to chill out there.

:number1:

Christine
03-06-2013, 01:11 PM
My top two are the classic margarita in la cava, and the morrocarita in morocco

But I may add a seasonal third today at the opening of Flower Garden Festival when I try the spiced rum Dole Whip!!!

Kenny1113
03-06-2013, 03:43 PM
My top two are the classic margarita in la cava, and the morrocarita in morocco

But I may add a seasonal third today at the opening of Flower Garden Festival when I try the spiced rum Dole Whip!!!

Sounds interesting what is in the morrocarita?

The dole whip sounds really good, please report back! :)

My FAvs around WS are the margarita in Mexico and the grey goose slushie in France.

Melanie
03-06-2013, 03:45 PM

I'm seeing reports and pictures on Twitter today that it's basically just a Dole Whip with a shot of spiced rum at the bottom. Some folks are expressing disappointment. I'm wondering what they expected. :confused:

Christine
03-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Sounds interesting what is in the morrocarita?

My FAvs around WS are the margarita in Mexico and the grey goose slushie in France.

A moroccorita is vodka, triple sec, & lime slushie! YUM!!!

I'm seeing reports and pictures on Twitter today that it's basically just a Dole Whip with a shot of spiced rum at the bottom. Some folks are expressing disappointment. I'm wondering what they expected. :confused:

Lol- that's exactly what I expect it would be- a dole whip with a splash of rum.

Maybe they thought it'd be rum with a shot of dole whip? ;)

Melanie
03-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Maybe they thought it'd be rum with a shot of dole whip? ;)

Could be, you know, for the Flower & Wine Festival. ;)

TinkerbellT421
03-06-2013, 05:06 PM
There was a really good beer in Germany, I forget what it was though!

Golden in the pub at England.

Kirin at Japan!

And tequila and/or margarita in Mexico! :marg:

Melanie
03-06-2013, 05:06 PM
There was a really good beer in Germany, I forget what it was though!

Golden in the pub at England.

Kirin at Japan!

And tequila and/or margarita in Mexico! :marg:

Sounds perfect to me! ;) :thumbsup:

gardenia
03-06-2013, 05:50 PM
I always grab a Prosecco in Italy! It's like champagne. But Italian. They also serve it with peach something-or-other, but I'm a purist, don't like other stuff mixed in.

JerseyDad
03-06-2013, 06:07 PM
....in France ...a St. Germain Cocktail. Incredibly refreshing in the summer.

SBETigg
03-06-2013, 07:47 PM

That makes me laugh! Really? The description says it all-- it's a Dole Whip with spiced rum. So... wow, big shock when you get a Dole Whip with spiced rum? I wonder if some people think the actual Dole Whip has a rum flavoring added? Or something? Odd.

GAN
03-06-2013, 07:52 PM
My favorites are the Avocado margarita at La Cava in Mexico :marg

Possibly one of the best drinks I've ever had! As in a not to be missed attraction - this is a not to be missed cocktail.

TinkerbellT421
03-06-2013, 08:38 PM

I'm pretty sure that anything is good with rum, cause I like rum, so if it was a dole whip, with rum, and bacon, I think I'd still be happy. Rum?! Bacon?! Dole whip?! :cloud9:

Quadstriker
03-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Soju Slushy from Korea during Food and Wine.

SBETigg
03-07-2013, 10:08 AM
I'm pretty sure that anything is good with rum, cause I like rum, so if it was a dole whip, with rum, and bacon, I think I'd still be happy. Rum?! Bacon?! Dole whip?! :cloud9:

Maybe you can convince them to add some candied bacon. Then people might be more impressed.

MouseHouser
03-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Can you still get mango margaritas in Mexico? I had one years ago, and ever since, have reported it to be my favorite cocktail.

Melanie
03-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Can you still get mango margaritas in Mexico? I had one years ago, and ever since, have reported it to be my favorite cocktail.

As far as I know you can, at the outdoor kiosk. :marg:

SBETigg
03-07-2013, 08:24 PM
As far as I know you can, at the outdoor kiosk. :marg:

The ones at the outdoor kiosk are not like the ones they used to serve inside (and I haven't seen them in awhile, but they might still have them). The ones inside the pavilion, pre Cava days, were fresh pureed mango and very delicious and memorable. The ones outside might have some mango, but they seem more like flavoring to me.

Bonehead
03-14-2013, 12:11 AM
My top two are a Grand Marnier Orange Slush in France, and a Blood Orange Margarita in Mexico. (I must like oranges or something)

snowflakegirl
03-14-2013, 09:42 AM
I love to get some Reisling wine in Germany. On our last trip DH and I went back at least three or four times to try different varieties! (Dry and off-dry reislings are some of our favorite wines!)

I'm also a fan of pretty much any type of margarita from Mexico because I'm a fan of tequila. My husband also had the Marrakesh Express from Restaurant Marrakesh and said it was delicious.

BriarRose0708
03-14-2013, 11:51 AM
I like to get a Margarita from Cava del Tequila, Prosecco in Italy, a frozen Kirin beer in Japan, Grey Goose slush in France, and a Strongbow cider in the UK. :beer:

Auroring Good Time
03-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Mexico - jalapeņo margarita
China - tipsy duck in love
Germany - wine tasting
Italy - wine tasting and Italian margarita
France - wine tasting and champagne
Morocco - Moroccorita
UK - hard cider

TinkerbellT421
03-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Maybe you can convince them to add some candied bacon. Then people might be more impressed.

Lol! :thumbsup:

k10
03-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Mexico - jalapeņo margarita
China - tipsy duck in love
Germany - wine tasting
Italy - wine tasting and Italian margarita
France - wine tasting and champagne
Morocco - Moroccorita
UK - hard cider

OH MY! what is a Tipsy Duck in Love???

PETE FROM NYC
03-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Grand Marnier slushie outside of France.

Woodchuck Cider in UK

I, too love the GM slushie. DW and I are both diabetic, so we share one. Heading back to enjoy another 9/14.

Gator
03-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Since I always stick to non-alcoholic, I'll definitely recommend anything from the Joy of Tea in China pavilion. The green tea slushies are really good.

Yo Mickey!
03-23-2013, 05:12 PM
the jalapeno margarita at la cava in mexico - unbelievably delicious and a must for me.

Melanie
03-23-2013, 05:19 PM
OH MY! what is a Tipsy Duck in Love???

I went and looked it up, since I'd never heard of it.

Ingredients are iced coffee, tea, chocolate, Jim Beam and whipped cream. Served at the Joy of Tea kiosk in China.

hubbyofadisneyholic
03-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Over the year's our favorites are...

DW - Gran Marnier Slushie from France
DD - Welsh Dragon @ Rose & Crown
Me - either a pint of Bass Ale from R&C or a liter of any good dark beer from Germany.:beer:

acts
05-09-2013, 03:01 PM
I see you are going in May...and just wanted to remind you that they added food/drinks booths to the show this year for the first time. Trying to be more like the Food and Wine, which I think was a great idea. There was a champage/pom liq drink outside Morroco that was yum!

k10
05-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Ingredients are iced coffee, tea, chocolate, Jim Beam and whipped cream. Served at the Joy of Tea kiosk in China.[/QUOTE]

- holy smokes! MUST try. my sister will LOVE.

I see you are going in May...and just wanted to remind you that they added food/drinks booths to the show this year for the first time. Trying to be more like the Food and Wine, which I think was a great idea. There was a champage/pom liq drink outside Morroco that was yum!

- highly exciting news!!!