PDA

View Full Version : BLAH winter storm....

luvDaMouse
03-05-2013, 02:23 PM
We leave tomorrow for the world out of Philly at 7pm please please only be rain :fingers:.... we have the last flight of the day just hoping and praying we get out before it gets bad :sad: the weather channel has not helped me they have no idea what kind of tract this storm is going to take I guess I just have to :wait: wait and see.
I am so done with winter and really need some :sun:
Dana:mickey:

PopPhan
03-05-2013, 02:44 PM
I live in York - about 2 hours west of Philly - and the storm is supposed to hit here somewhere around 2am tomorrow (Wednesday)....We are in the 8" - 12" band, whereas Philly is in the 5" - 8" band...(This was as of 1pm this afternoon.) The wind is going to be more of a problem than the snow itself. They are expecting sustained winds in the 20 - 25 mph range with gusts into the 30+ mph range.

Since the storm hits early and is supposed to be at least a 24 hour event, give yourself plenty of time to make it to the airport and expect delays...

The good news is that, once this storm passes, it is supposed to warm up significantly by the weekend -- into the low to mid 50's!!!

Have a great trip!

luvDaMouse
03-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Thanks!
I am leaving work on Wednesday at noon, normally it takes about 2 hours so I should have plenty of time to get there. Our flight is at 6:50pm. I just can't seem to get an idea of when it is supposed to hit, tonight into tomorrow morning?? or Wed into Thursday morning?? The prices of the flights have jumped sky high for flights tonight I guess people are trying to get out today to miss the weather :(

faline
03-05-2013, 06:49 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Snow storms are one of the challenges of travelling during the winter months.

DisneyDog
03-06-2013, 08:15 PM
This was another disappointment. I was hoping school would let out early today and I would have to leave work to go home and be with my son. Yet, it was nothing more than another rainy day. Oh well, at least no shoveling!:party:

minnie04
03-07-2013, 11:06 AM
The good news is that, once this storm passes, it is supposed to warm up significantly by the weekend -- into the low to mid 50's!!!
Have a great trip!

I don't mean to :laughing: , but "low to mid 50" IS our winter storm :laughing: It hit in the 40's this morning and everyone was all bundled up. I got to work and they had the heat on.. And now at 11:00am it’s in the mid 60's and sunny. I wish we had just a little more of the cold at least till the end of the day.

On the other hand I hope you make it out of Philly and have a wonderful time here in the Sunshine State, we love having ya!!! :mickey: