PDA

View Full Version : Vera Bradley coming to Disney Parks

TinkerbellT421
03-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Okay, so I am super excited for this.

Per Disney Parks blog this morning.

posted on March 5th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

I’m excited to announce that new Disney-inspired handbags and accessories by Vera Bradley will bloom this fall at Disney Parks. Known for their stylish quilted cotton luggage, handbags and accessories, Vera Bradley has been infusing color into all aspects of women’s lives for more than 30 years. Disney Theme Park Merchandise worked closely with Vera Bradley to develop two new patterns that will appear on items this fall. I spoke with Cathy Dawson, merchandiser for accessories at Disney Parks, about these colorful additions.
“We are thrilled to introduce Vera Bradley to our accessories assortment,” exclaimed Cathy. “In recent years, we’ve seen several guests in our parks and resorts sporting fun, colorful bags by Vera Bradley. Even our Disney Cruise Line team recently added some items by Vera Bradley to the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. We thought it would be wonderful to add a splash of Disney to these popular and colorful accessory items.”

The new Disney-inspired patterns have names, which is something Vera Bradley does for all of their patterns. Cathy said the black pattern is called “Midnight with Mickey,” while the pink pattern is named “Just Mousing Around.” These patterns will be seen on duffel bags, totes, cosmetic bags and more.
When released this fall, guests will find these items at select locations in Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. They will also be sold via the Disney Parks online store at a future date.
If you plan on visiting the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, please stop by the Festival Center, located between Mission: SPACE and Universe of Energy in Future World, to get a first look at these bags on display. The festival runs from March 6 through May 19, 2013.

buzznwoodysmom
03-05-2013, 11:34 AM
First Dooney, now Vera! This is getting very dangerous! Lol.

Now I really need to make an October Food and Wine Festival trip happen!

BriarRose0708
03-05-2013, 11:38 AM
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!!:mickey:

Not the biggest fan of the Dooney designs or the price tags, but I LOVE me some Vera! I can't wait to see pics!!!!!! Wahoo!!!!! :yeti:

SBETigg
03-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Fortunately, I'm not a Vera Bradley fan. I won't be tempted. I think.

Melanie
03-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Fortunately, I'm not a Vera Bradley fan. I won't be tempted. I think.

Me too, and I KNOW I won't be tempted.

Glad you gals are excited though. It's fun when Disney teams up with well known brands.

I'll be back in a few to attach the pics, Tonya.

TinkerbellT421
03-05-2013, 11:53 AM

Glad you gals are excited though. Its fun when Disney teams up with well known brands.

:thumbsup: Thanks!

Now, like I said on Twitter, this MIGHT not be as dangerous as it could possibly be for me. I am pretty picky with my Vera designs, I like the all black and white, all blue and white, etc., I do NOT care for the Neon bright, pink prints, etc, which in the pics appear to be the two prints they are releasing. But, we all know how that goes, there will be better bigger more prints as it becomes popular, so HOPEFULLY they stick with the print I don't care for so my wallet won't hurt as much as it could :spend::shop:

I sent a million texts to DBF when I saw it, he came upstairs to my office and said, "I think I will have to stop your Disney shopping budget" lol, he knows this is a dangerous thing. He said "Well at least it's pocket books, you don't need anymore" I said "Ummm hello? DO know me? Who ever said there is a limit on pocket books?!" :confused: hehe I am so excited I'm going to burst!

I do like how they are trying to appease to the masses though. For those that don't like Dooney or their price tag like BriarRose said, she now has Vera, for those that don't like Vera like Tigg and Mel they still have Dooney, but then it's dangerous times two when there's the fans of both....ugh this is going to be ugly in January on my wallet....lol

buzznwoodysmom
03-05-2013, 12:03 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks!

Now, like I said on Twitter, this MIGHT not be as dangerous as it could possibly be for me. I am pretty picky with my Vera designs

This might be what saves my pocket book as well. I too am very picky about Vera designs. I have only liked a handful out of the many, many designs over the years, but the ones I did like I really liked! Lol. I am also more into the smaller accessories. I don't really want/like a huge bag with a print all over. Some of them look like granny bags if you ask me. So if these new Disney prints don't come in small accessories then it might not be too dangerous for me after all. Still excited for the possibilities!

buzznwoodysmom
03-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Just saw the pics. Not really a fan of either print.

Dopey's Girl
03-05-2013, 12:07 PM

Glad you gals are excited though. Its fun when Disney teams up with well known brands.

I agree. It's too busy or something for me. But still exciting that there is another brand bringing fun Disney accessories!

Dulcee
03-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Ah I love Vera! And while I thought the Dooney bags were adorable they were outside my price range.

I'm all about these!

TinkerbellT421
03-05-2013, 01:12 PM
btw, can someone fix my title? lol I wrote "Very" instead of Vera. oops lol

kakn7294
03-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Oh no! Now I might have to get these! The hubby will be so happy...

DVC2004
03-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Vera's not my style, but happy for those who are fans.

DizNut42
03-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Oh No!! DW loves Vera. My wallet is doomed :jaw:

GBBT
03-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Can't believe women still pay the outrageous prices for Vera bags and they're not made in the U.S. anymore.

Madame Leona
03-06-2013, 11:02 AM
I was excited until I looked at the Vera Bradley website and saw the prices :( I do think the bags are cute though. Something I could see myself owning.

Katzateer
03-06-2013, 06:22 PM
I like the dark one. I had one Vera purse I liked but it wore out. I have a Vera wallet with an owl design. May have to get one of the purses.

The Dooney one I have is the dark Mickey balloon pattern that I love and the only expensive purse I have ever purchased but I find it spends all it's time lately in the closet. I don't take it on train trips, it isn't practical for flying trips to WDW and I am Not going to take it to work. Poor little bag hasn't seen the light of day in months!

One thing that used to bug me about middle school kids - they had lots of those Vera bags. Parents have to be crazy to give kids those expensive bags. One of my daughters friends had 20 of them and her family was just a normal middle class family.

buzznwoodysmom
03-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Anyone else think the prints are too bright/"springy" to come out in the fall? With such bright colors it would be better suited for a spring release, in my opinion.

kakn7294
03-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Not sure how much I like them. I'm pretty picky about which Vera prints I like and these seem a little too busy for me. I plan to go to the preview at the F&G Festival to see them in person.

SurferStitch
03-07-2013, 12:30 PM
This is great news for Vera fans (which I am NOT). At least I won't have to budget big bucks on our next trip for one of these.

Now, if they did a Tink or Lilo & Stitch with a tropical motif, I may be tempted (maybe). I just don't like the prints Vera uses... too granny for my tastes. :blush:

Jeri
03-07-2013, 03:41 PM
I have never had a Vera bag, but when I saw these the first thing I thought was they would make a cute diaper bag.:blush:
I will have to look at them in person, and at the price but IF I get one it would be to carry my daughters stuff in when we go out.

I can say I will for sure be getting a new Dooney when we go.:thumbsup:

jillluvsdisney
03-09-2013, 07:38 PM
I saw this on Twitter a few days ago. I'm thrilled. I loved Vera Bradley and own a few bag and totes.

luvkatiebug
03-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Ah I love Vera! And while I thought the Dooney bags were adorable they were outside my price range.

I'm all about these!

I agree completely! I have admired the Dooney bags for some time, but out of my price range too. Will have to get one of these as soon as I Can.:mickey:

LittleRoosMommy
03-17-2013, 09:29 AM
I LOVE Vera!! My DD9 and I were so excited when we saw this!! Can't wait to check them out at F&G in a couple of weeks! This could be very dangerous for us! DH is not going to be very happy! ;)

TinkerbellT421
03-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Stopped by the Vera Bradley store in the mall here at home the other night. Girl said people have specifically been going to that store asking about the disney bags, she said a lot of people are excited about this. Fr now, Vera is not releasing two specific patterns. See how sales go and then probably come out with more. I figure it's going to be the same as Dooney was, two specific patterns and then once they see the sales fly them off the shelves they will see the money cow and continue new designs for short periods of time. But that was in general conversation with the girl at the store. It's going to be the same thing with Dooney, only available at disney, or ons disneys website, not available to individual Vera stores or outlets.

LauraleeH
04-05-2013, 04:17 PM
While I don't really like Vera anymore, I appreciate the fact that it's a lot cheaper than Dooney. Also, my mom has had the duffel bags and I will admit that they are wonderful for traveling, so I will probably end up getting a duffel and cosmetic case for my Disney trips. I can't justify $400 for the Dooney duffel. The LARGE Vera Duffel is only $85, and it packs at least a weeks worth of clothes and is still able to fit as a carry-on in planes.

kakn7294
04-11-2013, 11:45 AM
I saw the samples last Thursday - very cute! The pink is a very bright pink with a very busy pattern. Mickey and Minnie seem to get a bit lost on the pink. The black is less busy and Mickey and Minnie are more visible. Of course, there is no exact timetable for release (the sign says Fall 2013) and no prices listed but there were bags of all sizes in the display case.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
04-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Love the Vera Bradley bags. Can't wait to see them on our next Disney trip in October.

October 18th -October 26th:mickey: