PDA

View Full Version : Episode 47 - Half a Podcast is Better Than None

John
03-03-2013, 07:30 PM
The Cast: Michael Montanez, Christine Warner, Gary O’Brien, Ian Mitchell & John Yaglenski

- Ian is in lean back mode to start the show

- Tweeting from both coasts

- Disneyland vs. Disney World… again

- Random sounds confuse us

- Tony Baxter retiring and will be used as a consultant.

- New Pirate Adventure coming to Adventureland

- Brady Bunch mention

- Wilderness Explorers - like KidCot for Animal Kingdom

- Check into the Yeti is Down on Foursquare

- Talking Movies. *Star Wars 7 and JJ Abrams. Tomorrowland the movie? OZ is coming. Muppets Again in 2014. Saving Mr. Banks.

- The second half of the show was unlistenable - something happened audio wise and unfortunately, will join the fabled lost episode in things that were great but never made it to air. *Sorry!

LIsten, Download, Love, Tell a Friend or Ten... (http://intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2013/episode-47.asp)

John
03-03-2013, 07:52 PM
So to expand on this a little futher, we use a program to record skype audio since we pull in folks from all over the US. This program records me (the host) in one channel and the callers or podcast staff in a seperate channel.

For some reason, during the second half of the show, the staff audio goes from barely audible if audible at all to full volume, in and out the whole time. It's unlistenable. So you can can hear me full volume but sometimes you hear half sentences, sometimes the audio cuts in and out every word... it's a mess.

Unfortunately, there simply was no way to salvage the second half of the show - which means our best of, discussion of nextgen wristbands etc and singing of 10cc's I'm not in love are all lost.

Sad but at least you get an hour of podcast goodness before the break.

That, and Ep. 48 is already recorded and I am doing show notes now. So, you won't have to wait long for more...

JMTStone
03-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Yay - more singing!

I love Michael's cranky comment at the beginning. I'm thinking of getting a button made. Of course it will light up.

I've got to start following Michael on twitter.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3dd25b3127ccef2ddc20ab2ad00000030O03QZt2bhy0B7e fAA/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00400090837320130304134350395.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

DisneyDINK
03-04-2013, 10:28 AM
On our February visit to Epcot, DW took a picture of me at the little Wizzard of Oz promo display. I'm sure you all already know, but it is between Imagination and Canada off of that garden walkway. There is a picture of a flying monkey with a cut-out so you too can be a flying monkey. There is also a little kids play area themed as the fallen hot air balloon.

Once I saw it I thought. "Yep, that's as much as they could swing to promote or otherwise take advantage of the (possible) popularity of the movie. A ride would have taken them 7-10 years. "

Oh, and for show 50 Best of how about biggest podcast oops. Maybe even favorite thing to gripe about on the podcast?

Seriously, sorry about the technical glitch. It must be lame to have your time and effort wasted due to a technical malfunction. Thanks for the podcasts; I enjoy them. :thumbsup:

BriarRose0708
03-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Sorry to hear about the technical difficulties! I like to think that the lost episode and the other half of 47 are in the 4th boat of Intercotees that never made it off Small World at iCot15.

Would you post what the Best Of topic was and your answers? It's my favorite segment on the podcast and I intentionally avoid show notes until I listen so I can be surprised. :mickey:

John
03-04-2013, 11:25 AM
First - the picture with the yeti shirt with Everest in the background = priceless!

Best of - not sure. I'll have to see if I can hear it and if not, we'll just save it and do it again on another show ;)

Quadstriker
03-05-2013, 03:58 AM
Half a podcast?

Well then I'm going to write half a

Septbride2002
03-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Hey John - I would love to listen to the half pod cast but I can't get it to work in the android app :( I also tried downloading it from the site and I kept getting an error :(

Quadstriker
03-06-2013, 05:16 AM
Since I am related by blood to Gary's youngest daughter, I'm claiming part of the compliment that Michael paid to Gary's lineage.

John
03-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Hey John - I would love to listen to the half pod cast but I can't get it to work in the android app :( I also tried downloading it from the site and I kept getting an error :(

I just fired up my android phone - installed the ap and was able to download. Maybe the site was offline when you tried.

Ian
03-08-2013, 01:30 PM
It really is too bad we lost the back half of the show, because Carol and I were really on ... there were some serious funnies that were lost. :(

Raindrops keep falling on my head ... ;)

John
03-08-2013, 01:34 PM
It really is too bad we lost the back half of the show, because Carol and I were really on ... there were some serious funnies that were lost. :(

Raindrops keep falling on my head ... ;)

Dude - you are loosing it. Carol and Mel weren't on that show. The raindrops show is coming this weekend.

Ian
03-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Dude - you are losing it.This is news to you? :crazy:

dpamac
03-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Since I am related by blood to Gary's youngest daughter, I'm claiming part of the compliment that Michael paid to Gary's lineage.

Your sister certainly stirs in a lot of weirdness into the household crazy pot. Plus, you also contribute to that weirdness as well.

DisneyMP3Maker
03-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Did I hear a Ghostbusters reference from Ian at the beginning of the podcast? Or am I only hoping that it was?

BTW, thanks for all the effort you guys put into the podcasts. It makes driving around the Lou that much more bearable.