PDA

View Full Version : POTC Fastpass Line w/ pics

Christine
03-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Last night, we were at MK and rode Pirates. Instead of picking left or right line, the right side had a concrete wall divider. I asked the CM what it was, and it's the new FP line. He said that side had been shortened, and the left line had been extended. I didn't find the left line to be longer, but it was completely empty so it seemed very quick.

Here is a shot of the divider and just some for fun in the ride...with no flash :)

indytraveler
03-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the heads up. My DD is heading there for springbreak next week and I'll have to give her a heads up. FP's for this ride will doom it. There are already two loading areas why change

PrincessJadesMom
03-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the pics, they brought a smile to my face. They make me even more excited for our next trip. :mickey:

DisneyorBust
03-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the update Christine and for the pics!
I'm questioning why they decided that PoTC needed a FP line?
I have been to WDW many times and if it is a busy time, both lines can be filled and when it is slow it isn't needed. :confused: Oh well, I guess I need to experience it for myself....only 15 more days to go!:D

DizneyFreak2002
03-04-2013, 07:42 PM
One word, or maybe one word and a sign: Fastpass +

Adding FP to rides which don't need it... The decisions made in WDW never cease to amaze me of how bad they are...

MrPeetrie
03-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the update Christine and for the pics!
I'm questioning why they decided that PoTC needed a FP line?
I have been to WDW many times and if it is a busy time, both lines can be filled and when it is slow it isn't needed. :confused: Oh well, I guess I need to experience it for myself....only 15 more days to go!:D

Thanks for the update, as well.

I'm wondering, too, why they added a FastPass line. I, for one, loved the fact this attraction did NOT have a FastPass line. It always moved fast enough despite its popularity.

hauntedmansiongirl
03-05-2013, 02:44 PM
It makes me sad that they are adding a Fastpass line. It worked great the way it was! Boo!!

GBBT
03-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Looking at an apps' wait time and it's only 20 minutes..POC doesn't need a fastpass.

DizNut42
03-05-2013, 08:03 PM
I agree, no FP needed on POTC. Nice going Disney, ruing a perfectly good line with FP:down:

Altair
03-05-2013, 08:32 PM
I've got a feeling the Stand-by line at any attraction is not going to be a pleasant place to be very soon.:(:mad:

megustamex
03-09-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm sure this must be because of the new magic bands and the ability to plan out your entire trip with fastpasses ahead of time. They'll probably make people think that you need a fastpass for everything - or maybe all the other rides that truly require fastpasses will be all booked up and you'll feel like you have to take what you can get; i.e. "Well, at least I got a fastpass for Pirates.". I'm dreading magic bands even more.

DisneyDawgette
03-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Looking at an apps' wait time and it's only 20 minutes..POC doesn't need a fastpass.

Agreed!

DizneyFreak2002
03-10-2013, 11:46 PM
I've got a feeling the Stand-by line at any attraction is not going to be a pleasant place to be very soon.:(:mad:

Been part of the message I've been trying to tell people about this new system... Not going to be good and enjoyable at all...

Goofster
03-11-2013, 01:16 PM
I think taking out one side of the queue for fastpasses is not a good thing. Yikes!

PirateLover
03-11-2013, 11:28 PM
You know, I saw this post a few days ago and didn't comment, but the more I think about it, the more it annoys me. I am with the previous posters- this ride does NOT need Fastpass. I have been to WDW during high capacity times when both sides were open and the lines extended past the entrance. Despite the length, the lines moved fluently, but that is because both were open. Having one side solely dedicated to Fastpass is unnecessary and will cause the standby times to soar during peak seasons.

waymickey
03-12-2013, 07:53 AM

I have the same feeling!

Mrs Bus Driver
03-12-2013, 09:03 AM
I am not ready to throw in the towel on FP+. The lines for Poc will still move quickly after all it is a continual loader. It seems the goal of the program is to spread park guests out more. In order to do that more rides will be FP's. This will allow the system to spread guests out. I think it could work. Besides those of us with more experience won't waste our FP's on Poc we will let others do that. Guess I am one of the few that won't mind picking my FP's ahead of time. I have been with the group that keeps asking, what do you want to do? Now we will have a plan and we can change it if we want to. Looking forward to trying it out.:mickey:

badkitty
03-12-2013, 09:32 AM
I noticed a spot in the redesigned queue where the non-FASTPASS side has an opening to the FASTPASS side. (It is near the last bend.) I'm sure when the FASTPASS side isn't busy, the CMs will filter guests to that side.

TheVBs
03-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Agreed, POTC definitely doesn't need a FP line, unless it's just there for the ability to pre-book with FP+. Hope there isn't a negative impact on the line flow. Plus, don't you get different views of things from each line?

tjstrike
03-16-2013, 09:06 PM
I'm a firm believer in the FP system and I think there's room for FP's on every ride. We all use them so why not put them on every ride ? It's not like some people are able to get more than others, they're available to everyone.

Pirate Granny
03-17-2013, 03:57 PM
So what happens to the foreign people and older people who bring their grandchildren/children and don't have access to a computer or cell phone with wi-FI...we just made the leap to wi-fi recently...but I HATE the idea that I have to now commit my day to a specific park, regardless of weather or crowds or just plain don't feel like going to XXXX that day. We have cut back on ADRs so as to not commit entire days to specific parks. I'm not getting warm fuzzier at all..:(

MrPeetrie
03-19-2013, 01:38 PM
...We have cut back on ADRs so as to not commit entire days to specific parks. I'm not getting warm fuzzier at all..:(

Pirate Granny, so have we. In 2011, we used the Dining Plan for the first (and last) time and subsequently had ADRs for each day. That "locked" us into a specific park.

In 2012, we tried Tables in Wonderland (much, much better for us) an had much more flexibility with regards to specific parks because we only had ADRs on half our days.

For our future trip, I had floated the idea of arriving at the bus stop early and just "reading the crowd" to determine which park to attend. Whichever appeared lightly visited would be the park we'd attend. FastPass + will stunt that type of activity and virtually eliminate spontaneity.

Remember, it's supposed to be a vacation: a time to get away from the daily struggles and relax. It's beginning to feel more like homework.

SlinkyDog
03-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Why a fast pass for Pirates when we all know one is really needed for Tom Sawyer Island.

Maleficent's Dad
03-24-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm a firm believer in the FP system and I think there's room for FP's on every ride. We all use them so why not put them on every ride ? It's not like some people are able to get more than others, they're available to everyone.
Because with the new & upcoming FP+ system, guests will be limited to 3 FP's daily (rumor is that you'll only be able to pull one headliner daily).
With limiting numbers, Disney thinks that by having FP's everywhere, people will be appeased, especially if headline attractions are to be limited (which I do believe they'll do initially). Thus for those who show up with zero FP's (those who did no prior research), they'll have the option to FP Tiki Birds the day of...

Tekneek
03-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Because with the new & upcoming FP+ system, guests will be limited to 3 FP's daily

Indeed. Traditional FP, as we know it, will be dead. Anybody who converts to paperless tickets (aka the RFID bracelets), will no longer be able to participate in the regular FastPass service and will only be able to schedule their FP+ through use of the My Disney Experience website/app. So there will not be a FP station spitting out return tickets all day for POTC.

EeyoresBestFriend
03-25-2013, 04:11 PM
...with no flash :)

Good girl!! :thumbsup:

You were probably already imagining the uproar if you hadn't said that!! :D

EeyoresBestFriend
03-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Indeed. Traditional FP, as we know it, will be dead. Anybody who converts to paperless tickets (aka the RFID bracelets), will no longer be able to participate in the regular FastPass service and will only be able to schedule their FP+ through use of the My Disney Experience website/app. So there will not be a FP station spitting out return tickets all day for POTC.

So what happens if you get the RFID down there, but have no online access? or do you have the choice of paper or RFID.

I, like the others, do NOT want to book every moment and I wouldn't have any tech with me (i'm on vacation) to try and book FP - what would I do?

Tekneek
03-25-2013, 05:38 PM
S
I, like the others, do NOT want to book every moment and I wouldn't have any tech with me (i'm on vacation) to try and book FP - what would I do?

I don't know the answer. I know from the TOS for My Disney Experience that paperless tickets will not be able to participate in the standard FP system currently used in the parks. Once most people are over to paperless tickets, presumably those FP stations will be gone. People who insist on paper tickets will probably find themselves with a vastly different in-park experience.

I have heard that you might be able to use Guest Relations to book FP+ reservations, or that there may be kiosks in the parks, but it would certainly make it more difficult to make changes on the go.