PDA

View Full Version : Blt views

disneygirlie11
03-03-2013, 11:01 AM
We are DVC & will be able to book this month. If we are unable to get a magic kingdom view at BLT, which view would you want? Standard or lake? Can you see the electrical water pageant from the lake view? Obviously, our top choice is magic kingdom view, but nervous that it won't be available. TIA!

Basket Mommy
03-03-2013, 11:42 AM
I've only stayed at BLT once, and we booked lake view. It was a great room! Yes, we were able to see the water pageant every night from our balcony. It was wonderful! I'd book lake view again over MK view. I just think it's relaxing to see the lake every morning.

DizneyFreak2002
03-03-2013, 11:46 AM
If BLT is your home resort, you should have no issue getting a MK view at the 11 month out mark... I have never run into an issue...

disneygirlie11
03-03-2013, 11:54 AM
It's not my home resort...SSR & AKL are my home resorts. On the 17th I'll be 7 months out.

Carol
03-03-2013, 12:56 PM
I've stayed in both and prefer the lake view. I actually had both lake and park view my last trip. You have to realize you may be looking at parking lots leading up to the Magic Kingdom on that side.

Personally I'd book lake view and go to the top of the world to see the fireworks. :)

You can both see and hear the pageant. :)

Good luck. :mickey:

VWL Mom
03-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Personally I'd book lake view and go to the top of the world to see the fireworks. :)

:ditto:

Like Carol, we've stayed in both and feel that the view is not always worth the extra points. We've stayed LK view twice now and have gotten a beautiful view both times. MK View was the walkway, parking lot, and monorail. I'm sure there are some stunning MK views but they are the luck of the draw.

faline
03-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Not all lake views will allow you to see the Electrical Water Pageant from your room. I've had a lake view which was primarily of the pool with the lake beyond and the Water Pageant does not appear in that area.

AgentC
03-03-2013, 04:23 PM
I've stayed in both and prefer the lake view. I actually had both lake and park view my last trip. You have to realize you may be looking at parking lots leading up to the Magic Kingdom on that side.

:ditto:

I know for others seeing the parking lot is worth the MK view but I would rather have to the lake than see cars. :D

tomatoe pie
03-03-2013, 06:09 PM
everyone in our family agrees that mk view is fun for the first time. :mickey: fun to pick out all our favorite rides and areas of mk from our room.:coaster: but after that all you see is the glare of lights from the parking lot. that glare ruins the mk view.

we like the lake view, and once had a standard view (inside the curve) when we spent christmas there. :tree::santa2: it was the most beautiful because almost every window, including our own, had a christmas tree. we love that view.

disneygirlie11
03-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Thank you everyone for your answers!!

PETE FROM NYC
03-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Both of our stays at BLT were lake views, overlookimg the tennis court. We had a partial MK view. Personally, that was good enough for us.

dmallan
03-06-2013, 05:04 PM
We booked lakeview and requested an even numbered room on the north side. That gave us a view of MK from our balcony. We saw the fireworks twice from there and once from Top of the World Lounge. Both were amazing!

tjstrike
03-16-2013, 01:53 AM
We booked lakeview and requested an even numbered room on the north side. That gave us a view of MK from our balcony. We saw the fireworks twice from there and once from Top of the World Lounge. Both were amazing!

That's what we did. Great view of the lake and the fireworks.

phlo8810
03-24-2013, 09:06 PM
We own at BLT and have only stayed there once. We had a lake view. Loved it. View went on forever. You can totally see and here the water pageant from your room. This was nice the first night but it got really old. We had a baby with us and we were in bed after 10 one night and BAM! The pageant started and woke everyone up. Also the MK view is a lot of parking lot plus there are windows everywhere that have MK view from the hotel. Waiting for the elevators is a great view of MK and you can always go upstairs to the top of the world lounge.

disneygirlie11
03-25-2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately, I was unable to get ANY room at BLT, but your response makes me feel better about that! Thank you!!! :)