PDA

View Full Version : Must Do's for Young Children

Dream'nDisney
03-03-2013, 09:31 AM
We have some friends heading to WDW for the first time with their 1st graders. I have not really researched things to do for young children in many years. Any suggestions on "Must Do's" for each park?

BelleKP
03-03-2013, 10:48 AM
We have some friends heading to WDW for the first time with their 1st graders. I have not really researched things to do for young children in many years. Any suggestions on "Must Do's" for each park?

I always suggest to parents of younger kids that stopping and playing is a 'must do' on every trip. Take time to enjoy HISTK play area at HS and The Boneyard at AK. The splash areas at MK and EP. Kids need time to just play! It also gives parents a much needed breather ;)

roses
03-05-2013, 12:04 PM
:exactly: Take time to have "down time" in the parks. Make use of the Baby Care Centers - they are for kids too! Air conditioned, a movie, and coloring. Great way to get away from the crowds. I just took my 3 year old, and basically we went over with her the different aspects of the parks, watched videos of them on YouTube to prepare her, then let her "rule the roost", if she wanted to go on the Carousel 3 times in a row - we did :dizzy: Tea Cups 10 times?! Sure thing! :crazy: But the most important part, is to have a plan, but break the plan ;)

k10
03-05-2013, 12:25 PM
i would definitely suggest everything in New Fantasyland. ESPECIALLY: Enchanted Tales with Belle, as it's interactive for the kids and you meet Belle. then also, the Dumbo ride in Storybook Circus. they now have 2 of the rides and an awesome interactive queue that is has a really fun playground and a/c. it's so much fun.

must do, i say! and i don't have kids!!! :mickey: