PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown

moe513
03-03-2013, 08:47 AM
This trip to WDW I wanted to try to eat outside at Rose and Crown for Illuminations. Can anyone tell me what time I should make the ADRs and what I need to say when we check in at the podium? Any other tips are appreciated too.

Thank you:mickey:

Capt_redshirt
03-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Illuminations starts at 9 usually... so 730 to 800 would be ideal.... That being said .... everyone knows about this as a spot to see illuminations so getting outside is not easy. you can ask the hostess to be seated outside but so hasn't everyone that has reservations at that time.. Its truly the luck of the draw. also keep in mind there are people that might be eating outside earlier that will slow down just so they can enjoy their seats for illuminations....

retiredfigment
03-03-2013, 01:08 PM
The last time we ate at Rose and Crown we were fortunate enough to eat at a table next to the rail. Awesome! I do remember though that many diners from inside came out for the show and there did not seem to be any problems with that.

SBETigg
03-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Yes, it's really luck of the draw. They won't let you wait for a table with a view there. If one happens to be open when your ADR time comes up, then you will get it. But they do have the viewing area and will lead you there when it's time for Illuminations if you so desire and it's not being used for a private event. 7:30-8 seem to be good seating times to try for it, as previous poster recommends. It's an extremely popular ADR time and everyone wants the view.

Pirate Granny
03-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Welllllll, after eating ash from the fireworks at least four times, we now eat where ever they put us, and move to the outside viewing area for the fireworks...actually, we've been in the window seat a few times and love that...can see, hear and feel the heat. And best of all NO ash.

k10
03-05-2013, 03:03 PM
just some feedback based on my experience doing this in january:

we made our ADR for 7:20. we were done way too early and then were so tired, we didn't even stay for the Illuminations. (but then again, me and my husband were at Epcot for EMHs "rope drop" and also drank around the world so you may not be tired)

maybe make the reservation for 8pm or a little bit later to ensure you overlap with the performance. it is worth seeing!