PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Moderate without kids

Poohbear88
02-28-2013, 06:56 PM
We have always stayed at a value resort thinking about trying a moderate. Playing an adults only trip world like a quiet one also. What moderate does everyone recommend?

crazygoalie39
02-28-2013, 07:00 PM
I'd go with POR. I like POFQ better, but if you're looking for a quiet, adult trip POR is more suited for that.

Zippy 1
02-28-2013, 08:12 PM
We loved POFQ!! It was very quiet and everything was close. It was also nice to stop in the bar at night for an adult beverage and some very nice music:mickey:

Pirate Granny
02-28-2013, 10:38 PM
FQ...our favorite

Kairi_7378
02-28-2013, 11:42 PM
We enjoyed our stay at POFQ in building 7.

My favorite mod is CSR.

LVT
03-01-2013, 07:19 AM
I have not been to the Carribean Beach one. I like Corando and Riverside. Riverside has an edge with the river, but Coranado is lovely and we hit it a quiet time.

Angelgirl65
03-01-2013, 07:59 AM
CSR has lots of adult options like tanning beds, sauna, fitness center, spa, salon and the Rix Lounge night club. Definitely has the most adult options. They also has the Laguna Bar lakeside which is great for a night cap and it is a very romantic resort at night when it is all lit up. Great for strolls around the beach or sitting on the hammocks. And the Maya Grill is one of the most underrated eateries on WDW proerty.

Melanie
03-01-2013, 08:22 AM
For an adult only trip, I DEFINITELY recommend Coronado Springs, hands down. The atmosphere is very quiet and calm, and the decor and landscaping is gorgeous. Can't agree more with the post above mine.

I like Riverside and Caribbean a lot, but don't care for FQ. FQ is small, which means more kiddos in a compact area. LOL!

c&d
03-01-2013, 08:33 AM
I also go with CSR. It's such a beautiful resort and to walk around it at night is romantic. There are so many hidden areas light up at night.

cajundisneyfreak
03-01-2013, 10:12 AM
My favorite moderate would be POFQ. :thumbsup:

darthmacho
03-01-2013, 03:24 PM
I think any of the moderates would be a good setting with or without kids, but we stayed in Coronado Springs in 1999, and found it to be particularly nice for a couple.You didn't specifically mention wanting romance, but Coronado ad lots of opportunity for that. Walking the grounds, especially at night, can be very romantic. We had a nice dinner at Maya Grill one night and sat by the window and watched the moon rise over the pyramid in the distance.

hauntedmansiongirl
03-03-2013, 01:19 PM
We travel most of the time without kids, as we have none. We have found that the most adult friendly resort is Coronado Springs. Being that it is a convention resort, there are a few extra amenities (spa, computer centre etc) and it is much quieter- great for sleeping in late!! We also found that the buses are not as crowded.

We like POR as well- but for a quieter, more adult vacation we would definitely pick CSR!!

Have a great vacation!!!:mickey:

FLKatie912
03-03-2013, 03:54 PM
We have always stayed at a value resort thinking about trying a moderate. Playing an adults only trip world like a quiet one also. What moderate does everyone recommend?

My vote is Coronado Springs! It's much quieter because it's typically a "Convention Resort"! I enjoyed my Honeymoon there.