PDA

View Full Version : How bad is it?

Maleficent_vf
02-28-2013, 04:37 PM
I have friends going to WDW for the first (and only) time. Unfortunately, they are going Easter Weekend. I know it is going to be mobbed, but how bad will it be? Christmas/New Year's crazy or just busy?

They are not looking forward to the crowds. Any tips on tackling the parks as a newbie during peak traffic times would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Christine
02-28-2013, 04:46 PM
I am in the parks every Easter for the Easter pre-parade (I just love the bunnies and Easter bonnets!)
It is crowded but it isn't New Year's Eve crowded.
And with Easter's timing this year who knows!?

MinnieMal
02-28-2013, 05:49 PM
My DS and I were there over Easter two years ago - crowded, but we managed just fine. :ebasket:

I'd recommend that your friends try to plan their dining in advance if that's important to them as restaurants seemed to be fairly booked. Our frequent plan at crowded times is to head to the parks late evening, toward closing, as a way to avoid any intense crowds.

Lindslou
02-28-2013, 07:03 PM
My advice would be to get them the Unofficial Guide which has touring plans in the back. The touring plans are really helpful to tour efficiently when there are crowds. I used them at Christmas time and managed to get on everything that I wanted to.

villavic
03-01-2013, 10:05 AM
I'll be on march 27-31 week, and they already told me it will be crowd. Fortunately it's not my first time so I' focused just on specific attractions and places. I think I'll be capable to commit all my plan.

SBETigg
03-01-2013, 10:13 AM
It's going to be a very crowded time for first timers. But my first time was at Easter (back when there was just the MK) and it still made a great impression on me and I couldn't wait to go back. With the right attitude and some advance planning, they will have a great time.

They should make sure they know what they really want to do and see in each park, prioritize, and use FP. Mostly, they should keep in mind that they are not going to be able to see and do it all, so relax and enjoy what they can get to-- don't rush through it. And who knows, maybe they will go back one day even if they think they won't now.

thejens
03-03-2013, 11:13 PM
I have gone several times during Easter week. I agree that following the Unofficial Guide is a great idea. I have used them with great success. The main thing is to be at the parks at opening and either follow the UG tour plans or hit the most popular or your most important rides first. Definitely book your meals as soon as possible. It will be great!

MarkC
03-04-2013, 09:31 AM
I would seriously prepare your friends and tell them it's going to be more crowded than they can possibly imagine. I've had friends go during normal times and tell them about crowds, and they come back telling me they couldn't believe how crowded it was.

Us Disney veterans like the people on this board are used to crowds. Newbies are not. Prepare them for the worst so they have a good idea what it will be like. I actually feel sorry for people who's only experience is during these types of times. They never get to experience the joys of the real Disney.

Maleficent_vf
03-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks everyone. I am trying to prepare them (without scaring them!). Mom and Dad are not looking forward to this trip, but their daughter (an absolute angel) is just bouncing off the walls with excitement! :thumbsup: