PDA

View Full Version : obligations for doing dishes before check out?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
02-28-2013, 12:07 PM
This seems like a silly question, but I honestly don't know the answer. Most of our trips are short ones, 3 or 4 nights, and we typically don't cook, so don't use many of the dishes, pans, etc...in the villas when we stay. We probably use a few drinking glasses, and a couple of forks or spoons. This time, we'll be staying for about a week and I wondered what our obligations are for doing dishes prior to leaving? Should I be doing dishes and putting everything away? Does mousekeeping usually check the cleanliness of all dishes, etc... or run the dishwasher? How do I know the dishes in my cupboards have been properly cleaned? I suppose if I were REALLY concerned, I would just stick everything in the dishwasher when I got there and run it through a cycle. Can anyone tell me about this? Thanks!

DizNut42
02-28-2013, 12:32 PM
We always clean up any dishes we use during our stays. Depending on how much we use, it may be just a few to hand wash before checkout. It we do have a bunch, we at least load up and start the dishwasher before departing.

On entering the room, we will give things a once over. Usually everything is clean, but if not, we'll throw them in the dishwasher

Tinksalot
02-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Most places we stayed requested that you load the dishwasher and run it.

buzznwoodysmom
02-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Most places we stayed requested that you load the dishwasher and run it.

This is what we have done as well.

DizneyRox
02-28-2013, 02:29 PM
I don't trust that dishes are clean when we arrive, everything gets washed...

We also do dishes before we leave, it's the right thing to do.

VWL Mom
02-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Add me to the list of those that runs the dishwasher before we leave. My feeling is it cuts down on the turnover time for mousekeeping which means earlier checkin for the next guest.

MyDisneyworld
03-03-2013, 08:05 PM
I also load it up and put it running before we leave. Not sure if it's necessary but can't hurt.

PETE FROM NYC
03-05-2013, 05:51 PM
In our 2 stays at BLT, we never left dirty dishes, but I clean everything before use, just in case. I can be a royal pain at times, but I do not trust anyones dishwashing skills, even my DW.

gardenia
03-06-2013, 06:34 PM
I also load it up and put it running before we leave. Not sure if it's necessary but can't hurt.

Glad to know we're not the only ones who think this is the right thing to do! Doesn't take much effort either.

Aurora
03-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Add me to the list of those that runs the dishwasher before we leave. My feeling is it cuts down on the turnover time for mousekeeping which means earlier checkin for the next guest.

Also means less work for mousekeeping = fewer mousekeepers needed = lower dues.

mgmnut
03-20-2013, 08:27 AM
We load and run the dishwasher prior to departure too!

Ltmoko
03-20-2013, 01:24 PM
We will do the same as well, dont trust anyone elses cleaning habits!