PDA

View Full Version : QSDDP, worth it?

icee94
02-28-2013, 11:04 AM
I am planning a trip for late July and early August of 2013 for me and four friends. I am a frequent world travler, one friend has been twice, another once and the other two are newbies. I was wondering if the Quick service plan is worth it or just pay with preloaded disney gift cards for meals? I know what the plan involves, and am wondering if it is a good deal. We are planning to stay at All star Music, and I know that they have a food court. Any thing that you can give me would be helpful.

SBETigg
02-28-2013, 11:32 AM
I think it's convenient if you like to pay ahead for meals, but not really a great deal. It seems to me that you could spend less off plan, or just break even if anything. There are extras you might not need, like dessert with every meal. The QS desserts aren't really anything special and we usually skip them when not on a plan.

DizNut42
02-28-2013, 12:47 PM
We have not done the QSDDP, just the original standard. For us, it is just way too much food. DW and I generally share a meal so we end up not using everything, so we lose value.

Now, if you want to splurge, it can be a good value. The first time we did the DDP, we hit the TS restaurants looking to get the biggest bang for the buck. All tolled, it would have cost us several hundred $$$ more if we paid out of pocket for all the meals. But, like is said above, just way too much food...