PDA

View Full Version : It's the little things....

Tygger7
02-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Not sure if this is the best area to put this, so please move if it fits better elsewhere. :mickey:

My DD is at WDW right now doing the college program. As you can imagine, she has seen her share of rude & mean people. I was talking to her and said I was planning to make little "thank you for making our vacation magical" cards to hand out to CM's that do a great job during our next vacation, just to encourage them. My DD said, "You know mom, that's great. But you know what really makes us feel good? When a guest looks at our name tag and addresses us by name." I was speechless....something so simple, yet so meaningful. So in addition to handing out my little thank you cards, I'm going to make sure and use CM's names whenever I interact with them. It's definitely something I would have never thought of if my DD wasn't working there. :thumbsup:

minnie04
02-28-2013, 09:16 AM
I'll have to remember that on our next trip. I always thank CM for every little thing they do, but now I’m going to say it using their name... :mickey:

That's one of my biggest pet peeves, when people don't say Please & Thank you when someone helps them or does something nice. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
02-28-2013, 10:10 AM
I almost always talk to the CMs about their hometowns listed on their name tags. For some reason I find myself fascinated by all the many places the CMs come from. I find my kids doing the same thing as well. Either they get it from me or they are just as fascinated as I am.

Cheshire_Girl
02-28-2013, 03:42 PM
While I don't do this all the time, I do it frequently, and do my best to rememebr to do it ALWAYS...I do it because I like it when people address me by name. It means that I am a person to them :)
I have seen some pretty rude people in the parks treating CM's like their only purpose in life is to serve them-I would imagine that get's old day after day...
Thank you for the reminder-maybe now I will be better at this.

1goofyfamily
02-28-2013, 04:53 PM
I will definitely remember this. I'm bad at remembering names so I generally don't great people by name even when I know what it is. Most of our interactions were when we'd get ride swap tickets (4 kids), waiting for the characters or at EPCOT Kidcot stops. My wife was always the one to chat it up and thinking back you could tell the CMs appreciated it.

brownie
02-28-2013, 08:44 PM
It's always good to address people by name!

DisneyDINK
03-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Great thread! I love the idea of making the day a bit more fun for the CMs.

DisneyorBust
03-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Great reminder to show a bit of appreciation for the CM's!

Katzateer
03-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Be a good thing to do in everyday life - at grocery or Walmart or Target. Thanks for the suggestion!:thumbsup:

GottaLvDisney
03-02-2013, 07:42 PM
We always try to thank the CM & be polite, but I don't know that we think to always use names. We'll remember this on our next trip.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Be a good thing to do in everyday life - at grocery or Walmart or Target. Thanks for the suggestion!:thumbsup:

I was going to say the same thing. Working retail (part time) I always try to thank the customer by name. We put that info in when we ring up their sale, even if it's cash. It also helps with repeat business in that case.