PDA

View Full Version : RFIDs and FastPasses

MrPeetrie
02-26-2013, 10:27 PM
If this has already been addressed, then I apologize, but I have a question.

When we go to Walt Disney World, I'm designated as all-time ticket carrier. When we arrive at the gates, I hand them out to my DW, DD (and next trip my DS). Then, I collect them after entering.

When we need FastPasses, by default I'm all-time FastPass-getter. So I have everyone's tickets and only I get into the line. So, my question is:

With the new RFID system, will each person have to get into the FastPass line individually? Or, can the bracelets be removed and one person obtain FastPasses for the whole group?

Please, let me know.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

LVT
02-27-2013, 07:00 AM
We do the one runner also. I am waiting to see how this works. I thought there were a few kiosks at the entrance rather than by the rides.

Strmchsr
02-27-2013, 07:44 AM
Bracelets can be removed, but the idea is with Fastpass+ you won't need a runner anymore. You set your fastpasses before arriving in the park.

Goofy4TheWorld
02-27-2013, 09:12 AM
My understanding was that you could not use tradional Fastpasses if your tickets were on an RFID card/bracelet. If you choose to go RFID you have to use Fastpass+ and schedule you Fastpasses online. Traditional Fastpass machines do not have RFID readers on them.

All based on my understanding from reading Intercot, so I could be wrong.

MickeysBestPal
02-27-2013, 12:34 PM
1- My understanding was that you could not use tradional Fastpasses if your tickets were on an RFID card/bracelet.

2- If you choose to go RFID you have to use Fastpass+ and schedule you Fastpasses online.

3- Traditional Fastpass machines do not have RFID readers on them.

1- I don't believe that's the case.

2- I don't believe that's the case.
AFAIK, you can make the choice of not scheduling FP ahead of your day at the park,
and therefore, using only the day-of FP's.

3- Most/All of the current FP kiosks are being/have been retrofitted to offer the new RFID FP readers as well. And, there are several attractions that did not use FP at all that are being/have been set up with only the new RFID FP readers.