PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with the Stars - Season 16

Melanie
02-26-2013, 08:24 AM
The new cast and their partners were just announced on Good Morning America. :dance:

Zendaya Coleman - Val Chmerkovskiy
Andy Dick - Sharna Burgess
Dorothy Hamill - Tristan McManus
D. L. Hughley - Cheryl Burke
Jacoby Jones - Karina Smirnoff
Wynona Judd - Tony Dovalani
Victor Ortiz - Lindsay Arnold
Kellie Pickler - Derek Hough
Ingo Rademacher - Kym Johnson
Aly Raisman - Mark Ballas
Lisa Vanderpump - Gleb Savchenko

Thoughts?

Dopey's Girl
02-26-2013, 09:04 AM
I don't watch regularly, but Andy Dick...:ack:

The rest of the batch isn't bad. I love Ingo!

sportsguy2315
02-26-2013, 09:21 AM
I'm not a regular viewer, but for some reason the name recognition was a bit higher this time around than in year's past. Aly's the early favorite IMO.

Carol
02-26-2013, 09:46 AM
I was thinking the same thing, Andy. Their ratings were not good last season. Perhaps they are trying to boost them this go around.

I gave up watching many seasons ago. That being said, I will tune in to see Lisa and Ingo.

:trio::trio::trio::trio::trio::trio::trio:

IwannabeinNarnia
02-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Hmmm.. I thought I saw somewhere that Bobby Flay was going to be one of the contestants?

Melanie
02-26-2013, 10:30 AM
I love Ingo!

I gave up watching many seasons ago. That being said, I will tune in to see Lisa and Ingo.

I think I'm too many years removed from the soap opera world. I've never even heard of Ingo. :shrug: He's a looker though. :yes:

I'm excited about Lisa. I think she will be funny. She's so dainty and acts a bit fragile at times, so it will be interesting to see her thrown around.

I like Kellie Pickler (not necessarily her music, just her in general) and Aly, and it stinks they were paired with my least favorite male dancers.

I can't wait to see Tristan and Dorothy. Again though, they are making Tristan earn his keep.

Dopey's Girl
02-26-2013, 10:48 AM
I think I'm too many years removed from the soap opera world. I've never even heard of Ingo. :shrug: He's a looker though. :yes:

He was on General Hospital, and was one of my favorites! Yummy!

Belle of the Ball 051411
02-26-2013, 10:51 AM
He was on General Hospital, and was one of my favorites! Yummy!

Jax!!! :blush:

Maleficent_vf
02-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Didn't watch the All-Stars season and won't be watching this one. There's no one in that list that intrigues me in the least.

coloradowendyl
02-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Most of the cast is interesting, however, I am hoping that Andy is the winner of First One Voted off! I find him to be relatively creepy! Odds are good I will fastforward his segments.

TinkerbellT421
02-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Is it me or does Derek always get hot blondes as his dance partner? :confused: lol

Honestly, I'm ECSTATIC to see that Max isn't dancing anymore. I couldn't stand him. He was so arrogant and rude, ugh! But I digress....

Judd is an interesting choice, I like her, though sometimes in interviews she seems a little flaky.

I really REALLY hope Andy is voted off first, he is such a creep! :sick:

When does it start again? I'm sure I will be tuning in because my mom loves this show lol

CynBeth
02-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Go Jacoby!!!

Melanie
02-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Honestly, I'm ECSTATIC to see that Max isn't dancing anymore. I couldn't stand him. He was so arrogant and rude, ugh! But I digress....

LOL! I'm actually going to miss Maks. I've always thought he was a bit misunderstood.

On the other hand, I can't stand Derek and Mark. I'm totally Team Maks, aka Val and Tony, and I'll throw Tristan in there as well. ;)

TinkerbellT421
02-26-2013, 09:29 PM
LOL! I'm actually going to miss Maks. I've always thought he was a bit misunderstood.

On the other hand, I can't stand Derek and Mark. I'm totally Team Maks, aka Val and Tony, and I'll throw Tristan in there as well. ;)

Yea the whole Derek show gets annoying after a while! lol I like Tristan and Val! Tony I'm neutral, don't love or hate him lol

coloradowendyl
02-26-2013, 10:20 PM
The new male pro, Gleb....has some potential as eye candy! Let's see how he dances!

However, Tristan...he can just stand there and smile and totally make the entire show for me!

missymouseworld
02-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Heard that the current Bachelor, Sean Lowe, is also going to be on the cast after he finishes his season. It is also rumored that Peta will be his partner.

Melanie
02-27-2013, 10:05 AM
However, Tristan...he can just stand there and smile and totally make the entire show for me!

No, he has to TALK too. Oh, that accent! :faint:

TinkerbellT421
02-27-2013, 10:22 AM
No, he has to TALK too. Oh, that accent! :faint:

His eyes.....oh those eyes. I'm an eyes person, and for whatever reason I find myself just gawking :jaw: Are we finding ourselves going slightly off topic? lol!! :D

TheDuckRocks
02-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Good grief ladies! It seems that I must start watching DWTS again, looks like I've missed out on a couple of the new hotties.:blush:

coloradowendyl
02-27-2013, 07:48 PM
ABC is owned by Disney...Tristan is relatively new to the US and in effect, also a Disney employee. I think it is a shame he has not experienced a true taste of Americana...WDW. And who better to provide him with an indepth tour...a few knowledgable Intercot moderators and their extremely efficient travel agent!

Ladies...I think in the interest of education of a "disney employee", we must volunteer our services! It would be a tough assignment, but I think we must put aside the difficulty of it and focus on the end result.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

TinkerbellT421
02-27-2013, 09:10 PM
ABC is owned by Disney...Tristan is relatively new to the US and in effect, also a Disney employee. I think it is a shame he has not experienced a true taste of Americana...WDW. And who better to provide him with an indepth tour...a few knowledgable Intercot moderators and their extremely efficient travel agent!

Ladies...I think in the interest of education of a "disney employee", we must volunteer our services! It would be a tough assignment, but I think we must put aside the difficulty of it and focus on the end result.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIMES TEN MILLION!!!! lol :number1::thumbsup::D Tough job but somebody has to do it right? :secret:

Niecyboo
02-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Wendy, to be safe, we'd better send 2 travel agents. What can I say. I'm a giver.

Melanie
02-28-2013, 06:32 AM

I'll skip around the MK with him anytime. lol!

He's just so adorable all around. I really loved him that first season, and say what you will about Nancy Grace, they had a lot of fun together.

CynBeth
03-18-2013, 11:29 PM
I thought most danced very well.

Go Jacoby!!

Melanie
03-26-2013, 05:06 PM
I will never, ever get on the Derek train. Every year he tops himself. :ack: For lack of a better term, what a showoff!

Zendaya is incredible. Val's comment about the pole was funny. Maybe not appropriate around a 16 year old, but I'm sure she's not clueless. Ali isn't turning out to be as good as I thought she'd be.

I hope DL goes home.

Melanie
03-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Seriously? :( Love Dorothy, and so sorry she's injured. LOVE Tristan, and if they don't give that man a youngin' next time, I'm going to :fit:

Melanie
05-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Anyone still watching? I love that someone finally let the golden boy have it. He's a great dancer and choreographer, but he's also very good at using the trickery (smoke machine, in this instance) to draw attention away from any flaws his partner may have. It was difficult to see Kellie's feet. Now, Len could have been a bit more tactful about it, but I think his frustration is from the other two always in his ear about his criticisms. I did feel bad for Kellie though. Not her fault!

I'm in for Zendaya for the win. Val has done terrific with her.

CynBeth
05-07-2013, 07:06 PM
I am still watching. I would love it if my Raven Jacoby would win but realistically I know the women are so much better. I would like to see Kellie or Aly win.

Sylvia
05-10-2013, 11:56 PM
My money is on Zendaya. She deserves to be in the finals; she has been incredible, and improves each week. She is really holding her own against the adults. Val's choreography this season has been wonderful; the pairing of Val and Zendaya has been one of the best I've ever seen during the 16 seasons of DWTS.

I'd like to see Zendaya, Kellie and Jacoby in the finals. They seem to be the most consistent this season.

Melanie
05-11-2013, 08:16 AM
My money is on Zendaya. She deserves to be in the finals; she has been incredible, and improves each week. She is really holding her own against the adults. Val's choreography this season has been wonderful; the pairing of Val and Zendaya has been one of the best I've ever seen during the 16 seasons of DWTS.

I'd like to see Zendaya, Kellie and Jacoby in the finals. They seem to be the most consistent this season.

Agreed and agreed! I like Jacoby, but I wish he'd lay off a bit on the faces and they'd drop the momma thing altogether. That's run it's course. :unsure:

Of course I want Zendaya to win, and definitely think Kellie deserves to be in the finals as well. She's a sweet girl (just don't love her partner). Strangely enough, I haven't warmed up to Aly AT ALL. I usually love the Olympians. She's just so bland, and I think her dancing looks unnatural.

Carol
05-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Anyone still watching?
No. I stopped watching when Lisa left. I haven't watched in many seasons, besides the first episode of all-stars. :clown:

Melanie
05-21-2013, 07:36 PM
Really, really anxious to see who wins tonight. Still rooting for Z & V all the way.

I've never liked Derek and still don't like his 'golden boy' status with the producers and judges, but I will give props where props are due. That dance last night was perfection. I like Kellie and I guess for her sake, I wouldn't be devastated if they won. But I do feel like Z was a better dancer throughout.

Aly is just...awkward. Her shakes and shimmies are strange to watch, and her personality is blah. And I can't stand Mark. If they had to choose a gymnastics Olympian from last summer, wish it had been Mikayla Maroney. She seems like (with her personality) she would have been fun.

My hopes for finish order:

Zendaya
Kellie
Jacoby
Aly

Sylvia
05-21-2013, 08:44 PM
Really, really anxious to see who wins tonight. Still rooting for Z & V all the way.

I've never liked Derek and still don't like his 'golden boy' status with the producers and judges, but I will give props where props are due. That dance last night was p erfection. I like Kellie and I guess for her sake, I wouldn't be devastated if they won. But I do feel like Z was a better dancer throughout.

Aly is just...awkward. Her shakes and shimmies are strange to watch, and her personality is blah. And I can't stand Mark. If they had to choose a gymnastics Olympian from last summer, wish it had been Mikayla Maroney. She seems like (with her personality) she would have been fun.

My hopes for finish order:

Zendaya
Kellie
Jacoby
Aly

I agree. It's hard to believe that Zendaya is so young. She has been the most consistent this season. I'm sure Val wondered how the season would be, when he found out who would be his partner. He probably thought they would be the first couple voted off. I'm sure he was very pleasantly surprised by her talent and maturity.

She has always earned her scores with hard work and talent and without tricks. Val's choreography was wonderful. They made a great team. No matter the type of dance, the routine was perfect and Zendaya's costumes were always age-appropriate. Last night was proof; she and Val could have performed a spectacular hip hop routine, but they chose to perform a beautiful and amazing dance with a variety of styles and without any proops or trickery. Another Disney "kid" with loads of talent and with her priorities in the right order.

Kelli is my choice for second place.

Jacoby just seemed to fall apart and was inconsistent.

Ali always has a smirky smile and acts as though she should win just because she won Olympic Gold. I didn't watch most of her performances because they were strange and not appealing.