PDA

View Full Version : Photo pass upgrade?

barbiegirl314
02-25-2013, 12:30 PM
I thought I had read about a new photo pass that they offer at the parks now that allows you to add on pics from character dining and ride photos.

Do you get this upgraded photo pass in the park or is it something you preorder like the photo pass disc?

Strmchsr
02-25-2013, 01:08 PM
It's called Photopass Plus and you can preorder or get it in the parks. You are correct that it includes all ride photos and photos from any of the places that offering dining pics (like Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana)

Cass&KenziesMom
02-25-2013, 02:50 PM
You can do either but it's cheaper to pre-order. We got it for our trip a couple of weeks ago. Well worth it in my opinion.

barbiegirl314
02-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Do you still just the photo pass card at the parks? I guess I'm confused as to how the Disney cast memebers would know which photo pass you had and what can be added on. We're doing a few character meals so I definitely think it would be well worth the upgrade

Strmchsr
02-25-2013, 03:24 PM
You definitely need to pick up the 1 Plus card. I haven't preordered the Plus so I don't know if they send you a card or you pick that up, but I do know the Plus card is different from the regular PhotoPass card.

chefmickey3
02-25-2013, 07:11 PM
In order to get the ride photos and meal pictures you need your Photopass Plus card which is red and comes with a nifty lanyard. However, you can add on any regular photopass pictures put on any old card or waterpark card. It is important to take a picture of the back of your cards so that you can access the pictures even if it gets lost.

We used Photopass Plus last summer and LOVED it! We loved having pictures of Splash Moutain (beginning of the trip my DS8 had the poncho on and head down but by the end of the trip no poncho and head and hands in the air!) We would have lost those memories without PhotoPass Plus. Plus our character meals - which we are prone to buying. We definitely felt it was a good value for the money.

Disdaddy
02-26-2013, 06:27 AM
Where can you order it? How much is it?

c&d
02-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Does everyone in your party get the card? Our son is traveling with a friend and I know they would love to have the pictures from rides, since they will be on their own most of the time.

Strmchsr
02-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Where can you order it? How much is it?

From the Photopass website or at the park. If you pre-order 14 days or more before your vacation it's $149.95 ($199 if you purchase at the park or inside 14 days). Here's the link (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/specialoffers/wdwppp.htm?CMP=KNC-WDW13_PhotoPass|G|1130081.WBS.MAR.DIMG) the special offer.

Does everyone in your party get the card? Our son is traveling with a friend and I know they would love to have the pictures from rides, since they will be on their own most of the time.

I'm not 100% about this, but I'm pretty sure I saw it's only 1 Plus card per family, though you can add regular photopass pictures onto the account. Not sure how that would work if the family divided up for the ride photos.

Cass&KenziesMom
02-26-2013, 10:51 AM
It is only 1 Pass+ card per family so the only way to get the ride photos would be for the whole family to be on the ride together I believe.

Disdaddy
02-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Thanks

Disdaddy
02-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Is there a list that tells what meals and rides you can use it at?

Strmchsr
02-26-2013, 11:58 AM

It's anything that offers a ride or dining photo. I don't know of a full-list, but it's things like Test Track, Splash Mountain, RNRC, Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Everest, and Dinosaur. Meals would be places like Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana. CRT does it, too, but your photos are included with the meal already there.

FLKatie912
02-26-2013, 12:57 PM

I'm sure there is a list on the internet somewhere but from what I've experienced is:

Test Track, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Tower of Terror, Rock'N Roller Coaster

Hoop De Doo, Spirit of Aloha, 1900 Park Faire, Ohana, Tusker House, Cinderella Royal Table, Akershus

As a general rule, it's not that they take pictures at the characters that visit your table during a character dining experience, but it includes the pictures that occur prior to being seated.

Disdaddy
02-26-2013, 07:47 PM
I might be wrong but $150 sounds high to me? Am I missing something?

Strmchsr
02-27-2013, 07:50 AM
I might be wrong but $150 sounds high to me? Am I missing something?

The non-preorder price is $199. It's higher than the old normal Photopass price, but you get more for it. Yes, it's high. Just depends on how much you want unlimited ride/dining photos.

twinboyz
03-08-2013, 01:54 PM
We just recently pre-ordered ours. It comes to the house as a coupon. You take the coupon to a Photopass location and I assume they trade the coupon for the lanyard and card. Someone else can hopefully verify that.

You also get a disc too, not sure what's on it as I haven't opened that yet.

55 sleeps and we are there!!:cloud9:

IMADisneyFreak
03-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Hi everyone, I want to jump in here too since I am researching for a June trip and this is the first I have heard of the Photo Pass+. So the $149 means that I would be paying in advance for any and all ride/dining Disney photos? Rather than getting off of, say, Tower of Terror and then purchasing an 8x10 while I am there (for probably 20 bucks)? This pass would allow me to review all the photos taken during the trip and have prints made as part of the $149 package? :confused:

Thanks!

disneydeb
03-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Yes, but you must stop in the camera shop in the first park you attend to activate your photopass+ card lanyard and then let the photographer scan it before or after he/she takes the photo. You must find your photo on the viewer when disembarking your rideand have the photopass representative scan it onto your lanyard for it to be on your photopass photos.

If you have others in your party without the lanyard theymust have the lanyard with them to hve the ride photo scanned. Other photos in the parks may be placed on the card a photographer gives them then, but you will have to go to a photopass camera shop in one of the parks or DTD to have them loaded onto your lanyard before going home.

This was new to me for my trip last November and I feel as if I wasted a lot of time running back and forth to get the lanyard, have pics scanned, etc.
They said they were working on another method to have the photopass + lanyard available for guests when we arrive, I am thinking it will eventually be something on the RFID. At least I am hoping it will be.:mickey:

IMADisneyFreak
03-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Great! Thanks for the response, this helps. Now to decide whether or not to get it, and it sounds like I should rather than spending a lot of money on individual photo purchases when getting off of rides. :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
03-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Disney has also just added Attractions+. That's an option to get your ride photos, but not the dining photos. Haven't seen the price on that, but if might be a better choice if you're not doing dining at photo places.

disneydeb
03-14-2013, 09:35 AM
We were able to use ours at Space Mountain, Dinosaur, EE, Splash Mountain, Hoop de Doo, Donald's Safari Breakfast, Cindy's Castle, ToT, everywhere one could get a pic with a ride or a meal with a ride. If you are always tempted to buy a pic of your loved ones having the time of your life, it is well worth the money for me, but maybe not all the running around you have to doto get all the pics loaded..