PDA

View Full Version : closed "MY" Disney Store

minnie04
02-25-2013, 10:15 AM
I went to the 'Falls' (outdoor shopping mall in Miami) where my Disney store was. I was walking up to it, ready to go in and BAM!!! It’s a new store with clothes in it. My son and I were so sad. lol We loved going there. I guess sales weren't great and they had to close, but I never got to say good-bye (and by this I mean grab all the sale items as they were closing). My son and I stood there for a few minutes looking around to see if maybe they relocated. I asked one of the girls in another store and she said 'it happened right after Xmas" it was sad as we were leaving the mall. A little girl was walking up towards the store saying " mommy where is the Disney store" :(

Dragongirlx
02-25-2013, 10:48 AM
I feel your pain. They did this to me in Edinburgh when they closed the store on Princes Street.
I just have to browse the disneystore online to ease my pain.

Kenny1113
02-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Yep, happened to me last month.:(
I wonder if Dadeland still has one? I hate going there so I'd like to know before heading that way.

minnie04
02-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Last time I was at Dadeland it was still open :mickey:

kakn7294
02-25-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I feel your pain and sadness. We used to have 6 Disney Stores within an hours drive, one was only 10 min away. Now, all but one are gone and I only get to the remaining store maybe 2 times a year. It's so sad walking past the location of "my" Disney Store as the facade has never been redone - it's still got the Disney look.

Juggalotus
03-06-2013, 10:31 AM
We used to have one here in Grand Rapids. Before we had kids, we'd go in and browse occassionally, buy a few gifts for nephews and such.

Then, right about the time my wife got pregnant with our daughters, it closed. I was not too happy about that.

Thankfully, there is one at Lakeside Mall in Sterling Heights near my parents. So we'll go there when we're over to visit.