PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopping

DDawg1968
02-22-2013, 03:59 PM
A question for you savey Disney travelers. We are planning a three day trip for this October and we are talking about which tickets to get. I am sure that my sweetheart and myself will be able to do Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom in one day. Has anyone ever thought about getting an extra day on their ticket to do two parks in one day instead of getting a Hopper ticket? The hopper ticket is $60.71 per person and the difference between a 3 day and a four day ticket is only $14.91 per person. has anyone tried this, do you think it would work. We would only need to "hop" between these two parks.

emerzmom
02-22-2013, 04:12 PM
I do not think you can do that. I believe that you can only use one park per day on your multi day ticket period. Even if you want to just use the extra "day" for an extra park on the same day it won't work. Single park multi day tickets (Magic Your Way tickets) can only be used one time per day in one park.
I really think this is correct. If I am wrong someone else will surely let you know.
:tink:
Julie

MargaretMessler
02-22-2013, 04:36 PM
From what i understandthat is correct. Though i fail to understand why they would care.

DizneyRox
02-22-2013, 04:41 PM
From what i understandthat is correct. Though i fail to understand why they would care.
Lots of people have thoughts about doing this, and Disney doesn't allow it. Systematically, your ticket will be rejected and you will be sent to Guest Relations to either upgrade your ticket, or directed to the bus stop/parking lot. This loophole was closed a few months before the Magic Your Way tickets were actually released.

The reason why Disney cares is because park hopping costs more than adding an extra day to a ticket.

Polynesian Dweller
02-22-2013, 06:13 PM

Pretty straight forward. One day base ticket is $94.79 (includes tax), Park hopper addon to a multiday ticket is $60.71, and to a single day ticket $31.95.

Adding one day to the OP's 3 day ticket is $14.91.

Basically, what the OP is suggesting is one quarter the cost of the park hopper addition and one seventh of a single day ticket. Disney won't give away that much revenue.

vamaggie
02-22-2013, 06:22 PM
If you have a 3 day MYW ticket and 2 days are used, if you upgrade and add the PH option on that 3rd morning, is it the same cost or do they pro-rate it?

BigRedDad
02-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Its the same cost. There is no pro-rating. Disney will get their money from you one way or another.

Polynesian Dweller
02-22-2013, 10:03 PM
If you have a 3 day MYW ticket and 2 days are used, if you upgrade and add the PH option on that 3rd morning, is it the same cost or do they pro-rate it?

Same cost because the PH option is a one time cost for the entire duration of a multiway ticket. It's one time $60.71 for 2 days or 10 days, it is not per day.

ANG
02-24-2013, 07:30 AM
No, they do not allow this. I tried to do this in 2009 with a Military Salute 4 day base ticket (I was only there 2 days). It seemed to make sense to me but I had to no idea it wasn't allowed

Canuck Park Hopper
02-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Note to OP: Check out the price of a four-day ticket package anyway - even though you can't (as has been pointed out) actually use the fourth until the day after your third day/use; it may actually be less expensive than a three-day package.

I just did pricing for my Aunt planning a three day at the end of April, but saw it was cheaper for her to get a four-day (even though she won't be able to use it).