PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break resort for 3 college students

JoDisney
02-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Ok, keep in mind they are college students. They are FL residents and are doing the 3 day pass for $119. I am looking for a resort for them. What is available is POP, Caribbean Beach, and POFQ. I wanted Riverside, but that is totally booked. POFQ is more $ compared to Riverside and CB. POP and CB are double beds (pretty cramped). Riverside would have been the answer, but it is booked that entire week. I don't know if they should book POP, CB or go off-site. What do you think? I think on-site is better for safety.

Lindsey310
02-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Ok, keep in mind they are college students. They are FL residents and are doing the 3 day pass for $119. I am looking for a resort for them. What is available is POP, Caribbean Beach, and POFQ. I wanted Riverside, but that is totally booked. POFQ is more $ compared to Riverside and CB. POP and CB are double beds (pretty cramped). Riverside would have been the answer, but it is booked that entire week. I don't know if they should book POP, CB or go off-site. What do you think? I think on-site is better for safety.
Def do on site. Then you won't have transportation and safety worries. Would NOT do pop. Hated it in sept for so many reasons! How about Coronado? If that's too pricey, I would stick with FQ.

forever a child
02-22-2013, 05:25 PM
They are college kids...I just don't think they will care. LOL Have they been before? Are they really into Disney and the themeing? If so choose based on that. Are they going to use the amenities? If so....a moderate with Bikes, water to DtD etc would be great not to mention the water slide at the pool. If they are just going to be park commandos then the value would be fine. Honestly, my nephew just crashed on a bed with a bunch of other guys when they had been driving late night and needed to stop for some sleep. He's in college and they can crash anywhere! Just my two cents! :D

Kairi_7378
02-22-2013, 07:44 PM
I like that POFQ has the boat to DTD, which I can see college kids enjoying. If the cost is an issue, go with Pop. They will have a great time!

JesGettingStarted
02-23-2013, 10:59 AM
My very first trips to Disney were during college with three other girls. We were hardly ever in the room except to get dressed and sleep. Spending extra money to stay at a place other than a value would have been an extreme waste for us. We had no problem sharing beds even with some of us being more on the plus size of life. If they are only going for three days most of their time is going to be spent at the parks so I would just go with a value and save them some money to play with!

LVT
02-23-2013, 09:36 PM
1twin air mattress can be squeezed into a POP room and give them 3 beds. There is a small frig in the room. A curtain crosses the entrance to the sink area to make a dressing area.\
No reason to waste money on better rooms.

vamaggie
02-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Are they paying or are you? I would go with the value-agree no need to spend the extra $$$ on amenities they will probably not use and not miss. If asked, my guess is they'd rather have the extra $$ (that would be paid for a mod) for extras (food, begs, activities etc) in the parks or DtD. (I know I would at that age)

bruin1344
02-24-2013, 09:16 AM
Def do on site. Then you won't have transportation and safety worries. Would NOT do pop. Hated it in sept for so many reasons! How about Coronado? If that's too pricey, I would stick with FQ.

I agree with 100% of this post. Look into Coronado. I stayed there with 4 friends in college and at the time, they had discounts that brought the rate closer to a value resort.

JoDisney
03-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Good news - POR came open this morning, and I changed their reservation from CBR to POR! This way they will have queen size beds, the boat to DTD, and a better food court. This will be a better resort for them. It pays to keep checking back. Thanks, everyone.