PDA

View Full Version : How to get 1 point

Pooh Fan
02-22-2013, 11:00 AM
So I have made my booking for a 2bdrm Villa at AKV for a big family trip in September. Woohoo :mickey:
I'm trying to use the rest of my points through an exchange for a small getaway for just my wife and I in April close to home so we can just drive. I am 1 point short and had planned to rent this from Disney. I did not realize that this was not an option when doing an exchange. This raised 2 questions for me.
1. Is there any way around this? Is it possible to get 1 point anywhere?
2. I've had years where I have lost 1 or 2 points as they expired and were left unused as they couldn't be banked. Now I'm wondering if I could help someone in the future who is in my current situation. I would rather give these points to a DVC member rather than just let them expire. Is this possible? If so where do you connect with other DVC members on issues like this?

VWL Mom
02-22-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm assuming you have no points to borrow? That would be the easiest.

MS can rearrange points used for bookings. You should be able to buy the 1 point you need from them and have it applied to the September reservation. That would free up the one point you need for the exchange.

Carol
02-22-2013, 02:24 PM
If you have a friend that also has DVC they can transfer one point into your account.

JMTStone
03-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Does The Timeshare Store sell one point?

Donald A
03-10-2013, 10:26 PM
I am pretty sure members can buy up to 15 points per year if needed.