PDA

View Full Version : Oh c'mon!!!!!!!!!!!

brianjdu4
02-21-2013, 03:11 PM
I've tried to get reservations for the Be Our Guest restaurant for dinner. 4 people. I've tried each day of the calendar from now until June 15 and there are no tables available! Are you kidding me? What gives? I mean, c'mon, not a single seat? For 4 months? everyday?

Anthony007
02-21-2013, 03:21 PM
I had to move BOG to our last night in order to get a table in August.

Capt_redshirt
02-21-2013, 04:13 PM
my guess is that people are booking even if they are not going to it.... i would keep trying im sure there are going to be openings

BrerGnat
02-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Go for lunch!

No ADR needed. :thumbsup:

crazygoalie39
02-21-2013, 04:30 PM
I tried every single day of our trip in the end of June and not a single opening then either. I just go back to the ADR site almost every day to see if I can get in. Hopefully we will eventually.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Me too! I tried bright and early this morning for every night of our August trip, and couldn't get a thing.

Lunch ... here I come!

1DisneyNut
02-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Handle it like I do. I do not make dining reservations at all anymore. I don't even get on the dining reservation site. When we are at the parks and we decide we want to try to eat somewhere, I check to see if anything is available on the disney app on my phone or we walk over there and see if we can get in. If not, I will leave the park and go over to international drive or another close location offsite and eat at a better quality restaurant for half the price. On our last trip we actually left Magic Kingdom and went over to City Walk at Universal and ate at Margaritaville.

I will not ever make dining reservations and then have to work my vacation enjoyment time around them again just because Disney allows everyone to schedule their dining 6 months ahead of time. The whole system irritates me to no end and in my opinion ruins the theme park experience and enjoyment.

brianjdu4
02-21-2013, 05:33 PM
It's getting really silly to do this. Half the people who made reservations don't even show up.

Aurora
02-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Be Our Guest will be like Cinderella's Royal Table for awhile, since it's brand new and everyone wants to have the experience in the New Fantasyland. For now, it will be hard to get in, especially in the summer. Don't count on people not showing up for their ressies for this restaurant. I would go for lunch.

buzznwoodysmom
02-21-2013, 05:45 PM
If you can't get it, just have lunch there one day. We did so last week and it was excellent! I'll go ahead and give a little report on our experience.

We got off the new Little Mermaid ride and got in line for BOG around 10:28. The line was long, but I was told that it didn't open for another 2 minutes so everyone waiting would be able to get in with just the amount of time it took to move people through. DH and older DS took off to get FP for Space Mountain. By the time they got back DS and I were almost in the castle. The line moved very quickly and there was plenty to see and take in during the wait with it all being brand new to us. A CM was handing out menus to anyone who wanted to look at one.

Once in the castle we went through a room of knights, such a hoot. There were screens in this room showing pictures of the menu items. We had plenty of time to decide what we wanted and be prepared to order. Just wish everyone else had done the same.....

Ordering was quick and easy....for us. For some reason everyone ahead of us took forever to order. No kidding we were timing people. Some people were taking nearly 10 minutes to order, and I am sure some took longer. So I had DH time us. We had had ample time to figure out what we wanted. Our total order time was just 2 minutes and 41 seconds!!! Even the CM told us it must be a record!!! LOL

We sat in the large ball room, but were able to take a walk and look at the other two rooms as we waited for the food to be delivered. The drinks were self serve, and the food was brought out by CMs on a cart. They give a little spiel and then say "we proudly present your lunch". They roll to the top of the cart open and place the dishes on the table. The food is served on real plates, with real silverware. Very nice counter service experience.

Now on to the food. Both boys had the steak sandwich with fries. They pretty much tossed the bread and ate the meat as a steak. Both said it was really good, but I didn't taste it. DH had the warm seared tuna with salad. It was very good, but he would have liked the tuna steaks to be a bit warmer. I had the braised beef (stew I guess), which was really good, better than any other counter service meal I had that week. It was a very tender beef (the menu I looked at online says pork, but I am sure what I had was beef) with mushrooms and onions in a thick brown gravy, over mashed potatoes and was served with green beans, all of which was very well prepared. We also had cupcakes for dessert. For the table we had two chocolate, one lemon and one strawberry cream. They were all good.

I'd say we were in and out in under (or just at) an hour. Not too bad considering the place is so popular. We will definitely be having lunch there again, and I'd definitely do it if I couldn't get an ADR for dinner during a trip.

tadshome
02-22-2013, 07:07 AM
I tried to get a reservation today for August 31st at exactly 0600hrs on line and there was no availability for the whole of dinner service. Surely it could not have gone that quickly? This was for the 180+10 as we are staying on site.

Pirate Granny
02-22-2013, 07:40 AM
I would call...we have reservations for fantastimic package in May, and it's still not showing on the site to even book. We have ADR for dinner at BOG, but would've done lunch if we didn't get. It's quite warm standing in line on the bridge...and it was Dec....so be prepared in the summer...zero shade. Food is good, although since they bring all together, my fries were cold by the time I finished my soup (potato leek). We ate in the west wing, which is what I'm hoping for for dinner...

BrerGnat
02-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Is this not one of the ADRs that requires the credit card guarantee? If not, it should be.

olivegirl
02-22-2013, 08:49 AM
My 180 days out was yesterday and was online at 7am and was able to get BOG ressies for August!! And yes credit Card to hold ressie was reequired. Early bird gets the worm!! Can not wait!!! :thumbsup:

BuffaloJason
02-22-2013, 08:58 AM
Go for lunch!

No ADR needed. :thumbsup:

I thought we might just go for lunch one day on our trip first-week-of-February (historically, the quietest week of the year). We passed by at 10:45am and there was already a line stretching all the way up the road back into "old" fantasyland. Unbelievable demand for that place.

Luckily we had a dinner reservation so I got to check it out. Neat place, but it wouldn't have been worth waiting in that line IMO

Melanie
02-22-2013, 09:46 AM
I waited in line for lunch, and it wasn't bad at all. Just depends on personal preference and what you're willing to do. If you get there early and get in line, it won't be a long wait. I'm glad I did lunch as opposed to dinner. Food was good, and I satisfied my curiosity by having the chance to check the place out.

AgentC
02-22-2013, 10:47 AM
I didn't mind waiting in line and I am so not a line person. I had good company :D and the line moved faster than I expected. I think it was around 15 minutes to move through the line.

I probably wouldn't wait if the line stretched much beyond the bridge or if any of my party is really hungry. My family tends to be very impatient when they are hungry.

azcavalier
02-22-2013, 12:45 PM
We have ADRs for April 28th for two, but we wanted to move them to later in the week (that's the first night we're there). Can't do it. I've checked multiple times, and there are not even slots for 2 during any dinner hours the entire week we're there. So, we'll just work around it. We've been for lunch. Really want to try the dinner experience.

Jen1984
02-22-2013, 05:50 PM
I managed to get a reservation for dinner in August: at 4pm :-( our only other option was 9pm, and this was exactly 180 days out. I did need a credit card guarantee.

Question is, is it worth it over lunch? I only want to see the inside as it's one of my favourite films, and thinking I should give it up to someone that wants the dinner more and hope that the queue isn't too bad for lunch!

Terribly enough, I think that my family may actually prefer the lunch menu!

SandmanGStefani24
02-23-2013, 12:39 PM
reservations can really be tough, so you have my sympathies. The few times I have reserved somewhere, was because I had really wanted to eat there, and it was generally around 6 months out, and that being said there was generally only one or two spots open and I had to pick from what was available. But, like others have said, keep checking back, as ressies can be somewhat of a moving target. Worst case, as also mentioned earlier, check in with the restaurant the day of if you still have no luck.

FLKatie912
02-26-2013, 07:43 PM
I managed to get a reservation for dinner in August: at 4pm :-( our only other option was 9pm, and this was exactly 180 days out. I did need a credit card guarantee.

Question is, is it worth it over lunch? I only want to see the inside as it's one of my favourite films, and thinking I should give it up to someone that wants the dinner more and hope that the queue isn't too bad for lunch!

Terribly enough, I think that my family may actually prefer the lunch menu!

To be honest, I think that it is quite worth it for lunch! It's most of the elements from dinner, food and atmosphere. In addition, there is an extra wing open for the lunch time, which you can't see during dinner. The desserts are identical -- yummmm!

k10
02-27-2013, 12:00 PM
When planning my honeymoon for 1/2013, we could not get a reservation at BOG, even trying to book 180 days out. Just tried to make reservations for my trip in May. Another no-go.

So once we were there 1/13, we did the sneak-peak of the dining room. There, a cast member told us that if we walked down to guest services at the front of MK, they could have potentially gotten us into a reservation for dinner, since we were in the park and staying at a resort?. We didn't take the cast member up on this suggestion. So I can't even say if this in fact possible?

I've heard from a friend that lunch is great inside. Worth waiting in line around 10:25 until they open for lunch.

Granny Jill A
02-27-2013, 02:25 PM
I will not ever make dining reservations and then have to work my vacation enjoyment time around them again just because Disney allows everyone to schedule their dining 6 months ahead of time. The whole system irritates me to no end and in my opinion ruins the theme park experience and enjoyment.

I agree with you 100%. The ADR system has taken all the fun out of trying new places. We used to have a restaurant in town that would make you wait even if there were empty tables. I asked one of the servers why they do it, and she said it was to give the impression that the place is worth waiting for. Guess what? That "desirable" business is out of business. Too bad because the food was pretty good.

Terra
02-27-2013, 07:19 PM
I agree about going for lunch instead. To be totally honest, I don't get all the hub bub for dinner there. Basically the same thing for lunch except you get your own drinks/utensils. They still bring the food to you. Not really worth it IMO to pay the inflated dinner prices.

epceddie
03-01-2013, 03:04 AM
I had a lot of problems getting a reservation for O'hana, but I kept at it and we were able to eat there on our trip in December. Loved everything about it.
If it helps, my wife and I won't be making any reservations for BOG, so that's one less you'll have to compete with.
All I can say is hang tough and something will open up. I've been on the reservations page looking for a particular restaurant and have found nothing available only to check back a couple of minutes later and find something. It's all about luck and timing.

tadshome
03-01-2013, 03:17 PM
I finally got one, after trying several times a day I finally got a Be Our Guest dinner ressie for August :joy::joy::joy::joy:

k10
03-01-2013, 03:49 PM
I guess the next question would be, once you get your ADR....What do you order??? I've never even thought to look at the menu! :blush:

Fastpasssteve
03-02-2013, 01:40 PM
After reading everyone's thoughts on this thread, it comes down to this:

If eating at Be Our Guest is a priority, then you'll have to keep calling back. People cancel reservations ALL THE TIME for a whole host of reasons. If you desire evening table service, this is what it means.

If you want to go for lunch or go elsewhere, that is your call. I don't know how often your visit WDW. If this is a once-in-a-lifetime trip, you should probably keep trying. If this is one out of a hundred over the course of a lifetime, there's always next year.

brianjdu4
03-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Thanks for all the advice and comments. Still no luck with the reservations. I'm trying everyday, every few hours and nothing available for my June trip. :(

crltkcagle
03-18-2013, 12:47 PM
I've been trying everyday too! The sad part is when we were making our reservations at 180 days out the website kept suggesting we eat there and we didn't' want to because the menu didn't look all that appetizing to dh. Now that I have convinced him to try it we cant get in. :(