PDA

View Full Version : Garden View Tea Room

Cheshire_Girl
02-19-2013, 03:27 PM
I swear I think I am cursed...everytime I chance out and get a ressy for tea, something comes up and I have to cancel it...Last weekend was #3...I fear next time I try to book it I will get told No Reservation for you!

My questions is...Has anyone else noticed that you can no longer book this online?
A few months ago I noticed that you could read about the tea room (meaning it was shown as a dining option) but you could no longer try to make a reservation online. When I asked the CM on the phone, she actually told me there was a glitch and showed me how to "back door" the system and get in to check for a ressy on line.
This time, last week, when I went to check it out, the Tea Room doesn't even come up as a dining option. When I asked the CM about it on the phone she was obviously confused because her reply was you were never able to book the Tea Room on line....
Anyone have any wild speculation as to why they have removed the tea room from OnLine reservations??

SBETigg
02-19-2013, 04:45 PM
I went to the Disney Dining page to check it out, and Garden View Tea Room comes up. I did try to make a reservation, and it said they had a problem finding tables, try again later. So maybe you can't reserve it online, even though it appears to give you the option (and it does come up on the list of dining availability). Not sure why that would be, but it's not really a problem to call and reserve that one. It's worth it.

BriarRose0708
02-20-2013, 12:40 PM
When I booked tea a couple years ago I was unable to do it online and had not heard anything differently since then. I have always been under the impression that Gardenview Tea Room reservations had to be done over the phone.

AgentC
02-20-2013, 01:27 PM
I booked it last year online. It may be that there is a problem since they converted the system. I know there are feature that do not work correctly for the site. For example I have filtered for character meals and the site still gives me all open restaurants and not just the meals with characters.