PDA

View Full Version : Favorite MK Restaurant

crazygoalie39
02-18-2013, 11:51 PM
We've been to Tony's and the Plaza and had enjoyable experiences at both, Tony's more than Plaza, but looking to try something new in MK. I'm wondering what your opinions on what's the best MK restaurant are. We're thinking about trying Be Our Guest or LTT. We'd be doing dinner by the way.

septembergirl
02-19-2013, 05:51 AM
We always enjoy Crystal Palace and not just for character interaction. The buffet is wonderful, the atmosphere is lovely and we've always had excellent service. The whole family is happy there. Another great one is Liberty Tree Tavern which has good food and is relatively easy to get in w/o a res. Haven't tried BOG but I'm looking forward to it this May!!!

ANG
02-19-2013, 07:37 AM
We've tried them all except BOG only as a quick service.

Tony's is the only one I probably would never eat at again. On the particular day we went, our entire party didn't have very good food.

BOG is on the list for next time as a sit down. And although I'm not a big fan of family style meals, our family is a fan of the LTT.

Melanie
02-19-2013, 07:46 AM
I love Liberty Tree, just for the atmosphere. It was even better when the characters appeared. :(

FLKatie912
02-19-2013, 10:22 AM
We've been to Tony's and the Plaza and had enjoyable experiences at both, Tony's more than Plaza, but looking to try something new in MK. I'm wondering what your opinions on what's the best MK restaurant are. We're thinking about trying Be Our Guest or LTT. We'd be doing dinner by the way.

I love Be Our Guest for atmosphere alone, the food just adds to it's appeal! Liberty Tree Tavern is probably a better value since it is a family style all you can eat thing. I do not recommend Crystal Palace for dinner, the food was not good either time I've been there and service was terrible, but it is my favorite breakfast place!

Dopey's Girl
02-19-2013, 11:12 AM
I love Liberty Tree. It's just cozy and charming. I very rarely plan a trip to WDW without a LTT meal.

If you decide on LTT, be sure to get the Patriot's Punch (it's $9 on the menu, but just tell your server you don't want the collectors mug, then it's around $4). It's orange heaven in a glass! :cloud9:

BriarRose0708
02-19-2013, 11:34 AM
I really like LTT for lunch, although I had dinner there in Oct and enjoyed that a lot too.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Would choose Be Our Guest to try it, second runner up Crystal Palace

PETE FROM NYC
02-19-2013, 04:54 PM
We do Liberty Tree usually at least once per trip. Crystal palace, have not done lunch or dinner for years for no explainable reason. Tony's food is an insult for this Italian-American
New Yorker. We did the Plaza once, and while it was OK, we were just a bit under-whelmed, not complaining, food was decent, but our server had such a strong (German, I think) accent that we had a hard communicating.

SandmanGStefani24
02-20-2013, 11:56 AM
for some reason, I rarely eat at MK other than stopping off at Casey's Corner. I LOVE the dogs! Very tasty and I like sitting on the bleachers watching old toons.

Usually some popcorn or a bag of chips from the Lunching Pad does it for me. I save the real dining for Epcot.

1goofyfamily
02-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Crystal Palace is a must for us on every trip. I enjoy it for dinner my wife for breakfast but BOG is on our list for our next trip.

disneygoofball
02-22-2013, 06:14 AM
Even without kids in tow, Crystal Palace is my hands down favorite. LTT is good, but we avoid Tony's like the plague. We've just never had good food there. Never tried BOG, but we may just have to do that on our next trip!

darthmacho
02-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Crystal Palace is by far my favorite MK restaurant. We had dinner there on the second day of our first trip, which was also our honeymoon, so it certainly holds a great deal of sentimental value. I do love the food, but it's the atmosphere that makes it special. Now we make it a tradition to eat an early breakfast at Crystal Palace on our first full day at the parks, after which we head right over to Fantasyland to ride Dumbo. This includes the added benefit of walking down an uncrowded Main Street early in the morning! :mickey:

beksy
02-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Other than BOG which is my #1 priority next trip, we've tried them all. I would go for it just for the experience but I can't comment on food or service.

We had CP once and I was not a big fan but buffets aren't really my cup of tea. Personally, we loved LTT but at lunch rather than dinner. Dinner was ok but lunch is really good (can't beat the Ooey gooey toffee cake :thumbsup:). We had great service (mom got sick and the server was great packing up her meal to go) and I enjoy the atmosphere too. If not for the characters I wouldn't go to CP.

beksy
02-24-2013, 04:44 PM
If you decide on LTT, be sure to get the Patriot's Punch (it's $9 on the menu, but just tell your server you don't want the collectors mug, then it's around $4). It's orange heaven in a glass! :cloud9:

Good to know...I'll have to give this a try. Is it like a juice?

CuteAsMinnie
02-24-2013, 10:54 PM
I just love Crystal Palace. Columbia Harbor House is always must. We enjoyed The Plaza the one time we had lunch there. For some reason, we tend to forget about the Plaza.

Enjoy!

CuteAsMinnie
02-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Crystal Palace is by far my favorite MK restaurant. We had dinner there on the second day of our first trip, which was also our honeymoon, so it certainly holds a great deal of sentimental value. I do love the food, but it's the atmosphere that makes it special. Now we make it a tradition to eat an early breakfast at Crystal Palace on our first full day at the parks, after which we head right over to Fantasyland to ride Dumbo. This includes the added benefit of walking down an uncrowded Main Street early in the morning! :mickey:

:cloud9: