PDA

View Full Version : Pecos Bill Steak Dinner?

MyDisneyworld
02-18-2013, 10:28 PM
We were at MK on Feb 16th (which was extremely cold) and decided to eat at Pecos Bill. To our surprise they changed up the menu and they now carry a steak dinner with pulled pork, corn bread, french fries and a salsa type mix. Actually I think you pick your sides. We decided to try it and see if it's any good and I probably wouldn't get it again. The steak was really dry and I couldn't find any A1 to try and moisten it up (maybe it was an off night). The pulled pork was good but I thought it was odd to have with a steak. The cornbread was really good though.
I should have taken a picture of the menu to remember all the stuff but it was changed up for sure. The price was $14.49. Anyone else try it?

SBETigg
02-18-2013, 11:48 PM
I haven't tried it, and I can see why it was tempting to try something new. Plus, it sounds more of a complete meal and a potentially good bargain if you were on the dining plan. But potential doesn't always win out. In execution, it seems risky and your review confirms suspicions. Sometimes, at a burger place, it's safer to stick to burgers. But still, an interesting menu addition and sometimes risk pays off.

Crow
02-19-2013, 02:35 AM
wow i was there 2 wks ago and they didnt have that. I would think like as was said it would b risky. The burger was ok but idk if id go for the steak, seems like not a bad price though. and you could load it from the toppings bar:thumbsup:

VWL Mom
02-19-2013, 07:48 AM
It seems to be something they add to the menu during busier times for those that can't get ADRs and are looking for a substantial meal. IMO the photos online are not very appetizing at all and the steak looks just as you described, dry.

This was the offer from last summer from DFB
Now, for a whopping $14.49, you can kick up your heels with the brand new Steak and Pork Platter. It’s served with corn bread, and choice of corn on the cob (also new on the menu), apple slices, or fries

BrerGnat
02-19-2013, 07:55 AM
Yes, I saw that offering last year.

Personally, any steak you can get for that price, I'd expect to taste like it came from Denny's. I'm not surprised it was bad.

Honestly, they should replace the steak with a rotisserie chicken 1/4 and that would be a great meal!

MyDisneyworld
02-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Honestly, they should replace the steak with a rotisserie chicken 1/4 and that would be a great meal!

I agree that chicken would be much better.

PETE FROM NYC
02-19-2013, 04:43 PM

For CS hicken, I have no complaints about Cosmic Rays.

beksy
02-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Yes, I saw that offering last year.

Personally, any steak you can get for that price, I'd expect to taste like it came from Denny's. I'm not surprised it was bad.

Hmmm...I'm a steak lover but I think with the pork on the platter already that the chicken would be a better option...they seem to go together better.