PDA

View Full Version : Resort visits

SonIsThumper
02-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Can you visit resorts and dine at resort restaurants without a resort reservation or park tickets? If so, do you have to pay for parking?:mickey:

big blue and hairy
02-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Yes you can visit resorts to eat and visit. Pretty much anything but use the pool.

:sulley:

SonIsThumper
02-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the info! We will be in the area for my son's baseball spring trip. We won't have full days off to visit the parks, so I thought this would be a fun way to get our Disney fix! :baseball:

chrim
02-19-2013, 03:03 AM
Just a quick addition: valet parking is something you would need to pay for, but self-parking at Disney operated resorts is free.

Also, the Swan and Dolphin are not Disney operated an do charge for self-parking.

Also, the MK area resorts can be strict about non-guests parking there if they don't have an existing dining or other reservation (tour, evening cruise, etc.) with the Contemporary being the most strict in my experience.

Also, if a resort is hosting a conference, they are likely to be more strict than usual. This seems most common at the Contemporary and Yacht & Beach Club resorts.

But in general, you are free to visit a resort, eat at a counter service restaurant, drink at the bars, shop in the gift shops, and check for availability at the table service restaurants. You should even be able to rent watercraft at some of the resorts.

You just can't use the pools or hot tubs.

Enjoy!

SonIsThumper
02-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks so much for all the info!