PDA

View Full Version : Changes with fast passes and thunder mountain railroad

TwinPrincesses
02-17-2013, 12:00 AM
We just had the completely unexpected opportunity to use our annual passes an extra time tagging along for DH business trip to Southern Cal. So exciting, never had been to the parks in February.:cloud9:
Two questions came up and I always come here to have my questions answered. So if this has already been asked, I apologize and please point me in the right direction.
We were wondering about the prolonged closure of Thundermountain? Is Disney planning big changes? (hope not, I love that ride just the way it is)
Also, getting some fast passes for Star Tours, one of the machines 'backed up" and a card member came over to change the paper. Me and another annual passholder waiting ended up in a conversation with this castmember and the cast member told us that Disney was "exploring" doing away with fast passes altogether or making fast passes only available to daily ticket holders. Is there any truths to that?

NotaGeek
02-17-2013, 03:21 AM
We just had the completely unexpected opportunity to use our annual passes an extra time tagging along for DH business trip to Southern Cal. So exciting, never had been to the parks in February.:cloud9:
Two questions came up and I always come here to have my questions answered. So if this has already been asked, I apologize and please point me in the right direction.
We were wondering about the prolonged closure of Thundermountain? Is Disney planning big changes? (hope not, I love that ride just the way it is)
Also, getting some fast passes for Star Tours, one of the machines 'backed up" and a card member came over to change the paper. Me and another annual passholder waiting ended up in a conversation with this castmember and the cast member told us that Disney was "exploring" doing away with fast passes altogether or making fast passes only available to daily ticket holders. Is there any truths to that?
From what I have read BTM is just down for a rehab - nothing new, and from what everyone has learned - do not listed to gossip from rogue cast members - they are more than likely exploring the upgraded fast pass pre-booking options with cool wristbands thing they are doing WDW (we talked about on the last podcast) -- as soon as official info comes straight from Disney you'll hear it right here. :mickey:

Carol
02-17-2013, 10:25 AM
However, Disneyland is following the path of WDW and will start becoming strict with your fastpass return times in the very near future.

tinkwest
02-17-2013, 10:45 AM
According to the Disney Parks Blog the updates being made at BTMRR will include new ride vehicles, track replacement following the current course, repainting of parts of the mountain, and a spruced up Rainbow Ridge Mining Town.