PDA

View Full Version : Ohana

wdwjoeindy
02-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Are there any walk up tables avl here? We will be at magic kingdom on the 24th. Can't get a reservation, but hoped to maybe walk up

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-16-2013, 10:47 PM
This is a very hard ADR to get, and very hard to do as a walk-in.

Some people report some success if they go early (as it opens) or late (just before close), but these are fairly rare, and I wouldn't count on it.

wdwjoeindy
02-16-2013, 10:48 PM
I wanted to put Ohana autocorrect changed it

Christine
02-17-2013, 12:39 AM
My experience has been that they will only ATTEMPT walk ups Til Apx 5:30. Then there is MO chance for the rest of the night. And at that, it's all by table size they're looking for- not by order in which you arrive.

Good luck! It's hard, but not impossible.

GreenB
02-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Hi.
We once managed to walk in with out a reservation around 7 PM. We were 2 adults and 3 kids.
It wasn't essential for us to eat there, so we decided to give it a try with nothing to lose. We did have to wait like an hour for our table though!!

Hope it helps.

sassy2000
02-22-2013, 02:51 PM
We were in Disney the week of Feb 8-16 and had ADR at Ohana Saturday night. Friends of ours had been trying unsuccessfully to book an ADR there but it was showing none available. Well we dined around 6:30 and at least 1/3 of the table were empty the entire time we were there. I was amazed. Even when we checked in, there were only about 5 other families in the lobby waiting to be seated. I told my friend about it and they went there on that Tuesday night. They walked up around 5:15 and were told they could get seated around 6:30 so they walked along the beach for awhile and came back to eat at 6:30.
Last Sept we were down for a conference and got ADR for Kona because Ohana was showing no availability. When we got upstairs, there was no line for checkin at Ohana so we walked over and they were able to seat us right away. This was also around 6:00.
So it is possible to do this. I would suggest getting to Ohana at 4:45 and getting in the stand-by line immediately. You may have to wait awhile but if it is something you really want to do then try it. Just be prepared to go somewhere else if they cannot accomadate you. I would suggest Kona Cafe. It has really good food also.

buzznwoodysmom
02-24-2013, 12:09 AM
We were in Disney the week of Feb 8-16 and had ADR at Ohana Saturday night. Friends of ours had been trying unsuccessfully to book an ADR there but it was showing none available. Well we dined around 6:30 and at least 1/3 of the table were empty the entire time we were there. I was amazed. Even when we checked in, there were only about 5 other families in the lobby waiting to be seated.

Wow! We had dinner at ohana on that same Saturday night (Feb. 9th) and the entire upstairs was packed with people waiting to be seated at Ohana. Our ADR was for 8:15 and we weren't seated till 8:45! Every table was filled the entire time we ate. Hard to believe we dined there on the same night. Lol